Author Topic: #1000 Video on YouTube - Proposal to Dave  (Read 14596 times)

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
Re: #1000 Video on YouTube - Proposal to Dave
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 07:26:53 pm »
This is tough.  Dave covers so many things, but, I think the show should be something fundamental to those of us who hobby in electronics.

I know some may think it boring... Maybe the history of a prime piece of electronic technology.
EG, history of the voltmeter, or oscilloscope, or transistor.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 01:08:42 am »
EEVblog #1000: Who and where is uncle Bob? or "Finding Uncle Bob" or better yet "An interview with uncle Bob"

Lol that could be great, maybe even as some kind of April fools video or something.  Bob should be some mysterious guy who refuses to be on camera and talks with an altered voice, like Anonymous videos.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 01:13:32 am »
If only PhotonicInduction lived in Australia, then you two could take the piss out of some crap.

PhotonInduction is lame, any moron can break stuff, it's the lowest form of matter. The thing I like about Dave's videos is that for the most part they're informative and productive. There are already too many videos of knuckle draggers just breaking and blowing stuff up on youtube.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 01:36:58 am »
More about yourself Dave.
Place of birth, childhood, primary and further schooling, first job........career path to going self employed and EEVblog. Yep, all that stuff that might be boring for you.
The special people you have met and worked with, how did they influence you ?
Turning points, kicks in the guts, how they helped or didn't.

There will be many youngsters out there that wonder what is possible for them.....what you've done ?
Some of these are the Daves of tomorrow......take a mo to further inspire them.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: deephaven, PointyOintment, ZeTeX, Rémi, t_ryner

Offline yada

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 01:56:26 am »
Technically don't have to do something special right at 1k, just needs to be within 5% tolerance.  :P

Some kind of really exotic tear down or tour could be cool.

This thread has no fourth band so it could be as high as 20%. Take 1 second of each video spliced together to make 1000 seconds long video. How many hard drives is needed to store 1000 videos? I imagine its more then a couple. But then again didn't he buy a huge amount of them insanely cheap at that electronics store?

Take 1000$ of ad revenue money and burn it on camera saying "Im rich bitch!".

Offline PointyOintment

• Frequent Contributor
  • ↑ I scanned my face
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 11:55:45 am »
#741 was also skipped. Possibly that was to prevent Internet search issues with an Australian brothel in Melbourne called club741. A move which if true shows considerable foresight. If somebody accidentally clicked on the wrong link they may have been unexpectedly better informed. Or if their web browsing history on a work network was examined it may have led to awkward questions.

I would have guessed it was to do with the famous op amp. I guess there were videos numbered 317, 341, and 555, though. Hmm… any well-known chip numbers coming up soon?
I refuse to use AD's LTspice or any other "free" software whose license agreement prohibits benchmarking it (which implies it's really bad) or publicly disclosing the existence of the agreement. Fortunately, I haven't agreed to that one, and those terms are public already.

Offline Kuro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 01:01:42 pm »
explain quantum computers so even I can understand  ;D

Isn't there some university in Australia that does research on quantum computers where you can do a report?
The universe is made of protons, neutrons, electrons and morons - March for Science 2017

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2017, 01:28:22 pm »
explain quantum computers so even I can understand  ;D
Isn't there some university in Australia that does research on quantum computers where you can do a report?

That is on my to-do list for EEVdiscover

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2017, 01:37:20 pm »
#666 was skipped , possibly as a concession to a significant proportion of the US audience from using that religiously sensitive number. An unusual move for an acknowledged atheist to make.

#741 was also skipped. Possibly that was to prevent Internet search issues with an Australian brothel in Melbourne called club741.

Why the hell (pun intended) do people always jump to the most convoluted explanations for things?

#666 was reserved for a video that I was hoping would happen, but didn't, for reasons outside of my control. I'm still hoping it will happen one day, it requires access to a very difficult to obtain bit of kit.
What it was reserved for has been explained in the supporters section somewhere I'm sure.

#741 was reserved for a 741 opamp video that required considerable time and effort. David2 was working on it at the time but other things got in the way for both of us.
IIRC we thought it would come out the week following so just skipped it for a little while, and, well, you know what happened...

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 03:37:06 am »
#666 was skipped , possibly as a concession to a significant proportion of the US audience from using that religiously sensitive number. An unusual move for an acknowledged atheist to make.

#741 was also skipped. Possibly that was to prevent Internet search issues with an Australian brothel in Melbourne called club741.

Why the hell (pun intended) do people always jump to the most convoluted explanations for things?

#666 was reserved for a video that I was hoping would happen, but didn't, for reasons outside of my control. I'm still hoping it will happen one day, it requires access to a very difficult to obtain bit of kit.
What it was reserved for has been explained in the supporters section somewhere I'm sure.

#741 was reserved for a 741 opamp video that required considerable time and effort. David2 was working on it at the time but other things got in the way for both of us.
IIRC we thought it would come out the week following so just skipped it for a little while, and, well, you know what happened...

It's a conspiracy! Open your eyes people!  :-DD

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 04:12:46 am »
Hmmm, is there such thing as a 666 timer?  :P 

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:21 am »
I would suggest episode #1000 to be your engineering life story and how you made the EEVblog the way it is, starting from scratch up until now. So it will be just a funny video to watch with no technical stuff. More like a celebration.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 06:21:35 am »

Illuminati confirmed!

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2017, 06:31:47 am »

Illuminati confirmed!

Dave is Illuminati!

We always knew it, nobody could have gotten this far without the help of a new world order.

Oh wait, Episode 1000 IS THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

RUN, PANIC, HE'S GOING TO TEAR THIS WORLD DOWN ONE SCREW AT A TIME!
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 07:02:52 am »
Dave is Illuminati!
We always knew it, nobody could have gotten this far without the help of a new world order.

If you watch every video with me in it you'll see the secret hand sign.
Practically no one has noticed!

Offline Harb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 07:11:58 am »
I propose a Dumpster Dive Bus, up and down the back lanes of various Tech locations in Sydney streaming as we go.....

Offline lapm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2017, 06:47:30 am »
What i would like to propose is return of live camera episode. How to set one up, etc...
Electronics, Linux, Programming, Science... im interested all of it...

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2017, 08:49:02 pm »
Hmmm, is there such thing as a 666 timer?  :P

Apparently. This seems to be an application note.

https://xkcd.com/730/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf