Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 374741 times)

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2020, 06:59:02 pm »
Really, RuiDeng should hire UniSoft, or at least pay for this enhancements on their product.  :-+

I've the theory that UniSoft might be a RuiDeng employee since the beginning. Intelligently a way to develop cutting edge firmwares without the hassle of in depth testing required to have a minimal liability protection. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunkworks_project

That will explain the availability of firmware source code, not releasing it and ignoring donation offers.

If this theory is the true or part of it I don't know and I don't care. We have being delivered a great firmware.

RuiDeng has been on this forum before but Dave (or Simon) had to kick them off for trying sell stuff in very poor Chinglish. I think there was also some issue on them using sock-puppet accounts deleted too. UniSoft has great communications skills, so I'd wager a NO on the Skunkworks theory. Besides, Unisoft is delivering great efforts and deserves our remuneration $'s  :-+

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2020, 09:29:59 pm »
Really, RuiDeng should hire UniSoft, or at least pay for this enhancements on their product.  :-+

I've the theory that UniSoft might be a RuiDeng employee since the beginning. Intelligently a way to develop cutting edge firmwares without the hassle of in depth testing required to have a minimal liability protection. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunkworks_project

That will explain the availability of firmware source code, not releasing it and ignoring donation offers.

If this theory is the true or part of it I don't know and I don't care. We have being delivered a great firmware.

RuiDeng has been on this forum before but Dave (or Simon) had to kick them off for trying sell stuff in very poor Chinglish. I think there was also some issue on them using sock-puppet accounts deleted too. UniSoft has great communications skills, so I'd wager a NO on the Skunkworks theory. Besides, Unisoft is delivering great efforts and deserves our remuneration $'s  :-+

He did a great job fine turning the stock firmware and solve most of the things I miss or dislike in this unit. What I most like is the way he gave technical explanations of how things are programmed and why some couldn't be implemented, and end with a firmware with options that help users with different wishes.  :-+ :-+ He should accept some donations of course, but if he refused he should have his own reasons and I respect that. But I can give him a thank you  :-+ :-+  for this nice custom firmware. On the other hand, RD will also gain from this because they will sell more units  :-+
RD should realize that an open source firmware, or improve features according to customers feedback will make them sell alot of units all over the world, and increase their profit and name, instead of just increasing output Amps and change model numbers to release a new model. Most of the buyers of this type of electronics are mostly amateurs, or professionals ( wanting to disassemble and study), and most of us like customizations. I personally buy stuff that could be firmware customized.
It's the same has buying an oscilloscope, those models that are easily "hacked" are the ones that sell more like Rigol DZ1054z.
As an amateur I would like to continue doing my hobby in a budget.
That's my 2 cents

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2020, 01:28:10 am »
I've the theory that UniSoft might be a RuiDeng employee...
It's funny.  :-DD  Conspiracy.  :palm:
But I am not an employee of RuiDeng.
And if it were true, then I see no problem to state it. What would have changed then?
But if you like to think so, that's your right.

RuiDeng doesn't like what I do, at all.
They have never and nowhere mentioned about my firmware version, and at the same time they publish and repost feedback from users, including fake ones.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 06:02:14 am by UniSoft »

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2020, 01:34:57 pm »
I've the theory that UniSoft might be a RuiDeng employee...
It's funny.  :-DD  Conspiracy.  :palm:
But I am not an employee of RuiDeng.
And if it were true, then I see no problem to state it. What would have changed then?
But if you like to think so, that's your right.

RuiDeng doesn't like what I do, at all.
They have never and nowhere mentioned about my firmware version, and at the same time they publish and repost feedback from users, including fake ones.

You fix the features, for free, I didn't have or like and it was enough. Of course, I would like to have the source files to learn more about this thing, but I can live with just the firmware that make me love even more this cheap device.
Regarding that fake feedback on RD page, I also saw this and other ones.

LCD model number

I leave here the LCD model number for those who need it:

Model: Z240IT010 v0.1 without touch screen
2.4 inch 240x320 SPI TFT LCD Serial Port
ILI9341
18 pin

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:11:45 pm by ptluis »

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2020, 03:41:07 pm »
I wish you can add in charging mode user settable parameters Vlpt, Vpre, Ipre:
  • Vlpt = voltage threshold -> if U is below when entering charge mode then don't enable charge! (protection for deep over disharge lithium)
  • Vpre = voltage precharge -> if U is between Vlpt-Vpre then limit current to Ipre default can be 0.1C (protection for light over disharge lithium)
I thought about how to implement this, so that it would be convenient and at the same time not interfere with anyone.
Making settings through the settings menu will be very inconvenient.
It is better to make a separate menu, quick access, for example, called by the ENTER button.
Where can be implemented some timers, charging modes with presets, etc.
But here I need more ideas and algorithms, with a more detailed description.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2020, 04:53:58 pm »
I wish you can add in charging mode user settable parameters Vlpt, Vpre, Ipre:
  • Vlpt = voltage threshold -> if U is below when entering charge mode then don't enable charge! (protection for deep over disharge lithium)
  • Vpre = voltage precharge -> if U is between Vlpt-Vpre then limit current to Ipre default can be 0.1C (protection for light over disharge lithium)
I thought about how to implement this, so that it would be convenient and at the same time not interfere with anyone.
Making settings through the settings menu will be very inconvenient.
It is better to make a separate menu, quick access, for example, called by the ENTER button.
Where can be implemented some timers, charging modes with presets, etc.
But here I need more ideas and algorithms, with a more detailed description.

I think you should keep the same logic on accessing menus instead of the ENTER button it's more logical to use SHIFT + Up arrow for example to implement the new separate menu and it will be easier to add a sticker above that button keeping the design, just like OPP above MEM button.

see the imagem I attach

Arrow up and down won't interfere with shift pressed while if I'm on layout 3 when ENTER is pressed it will pause graphic log and you'll have more work solving this

Arrow up and down will give you space for 2 more separate menus  :-+ I correct this, 4 more spaces, 2 with shift, and 2 arrows alone  :-+
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 05:08:33 pm by ptluis »

Offline Marty_OC

« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2020, 04:14:21 pm »
Finally installed UniSoft's modified firmware into my RD6006 and I am amazed.
I especially love the memory table showing up after pressing SHIFT - that is really useful feature!

Offline lnxpro

• Contributor
« Reply #357 on: October 11, 2020, 03:52:35 am »
Been following this for a while and I would like to try the modified firmware on both my rd6006 and 6012. Can I flash the latest over the stock firmware or do I need to jump through different versions (like some cisco switches, lol)
TIA :)

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #358 on: October 11, 2020, 04:20:49 am »
the modified firmware...
It is not the modified firmware.
It is recovered source code from dump of stock firmware, optimized and some functions complete rewritten from scratch.
In my opinion, modified means some kind of binary patch.

Can I flash the latest over the stock firmware or do I need to jump through different versions (like some cisco switches, lol)
No need to flash different versions...
Just one recommendation: before flash to stock firmware it is better to reset settings to default (keep pressed '0' while power ON), and then flash to stock firmware.

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, ZeroVolts, lnxpro

Offline LDrakon

« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2020, 08:10:33 am »
а можно еще добавить возможность менять разрешение на графике и по оси "X" ?

ПС: и по "Y" хорошо бы изменить значения до кратных.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 08:20:07 am by LDrakon »

The following users thanked this post: rankamateur

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2020, 11:25:34 am »
а можно еще добавить возможность менять разрешение на графике и по оси "X" ?

ПС: и по "Y" хорошо бы изменить значения до кратных.
Добро пожаловать на форум! Вижу, это твой первый пост. Здесь все по-английски. В следующий раз воспользуйтесь переводчиком Google.

"Can you also add the ability to change the resolution on the graph and along the "X" axis?

PS: and on "Y" it would be nice to change the values to multiples."

Offline ZeroVolts

« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2020, 09:31:11 am »
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, WIFI selected, on power up my RD6006 displays a WIFI key for the Server IP: which I cannot for all the will change to an IP address. Just to note and thank UniSoft after flashing with his modified firmware no change to WIFI boot up I have removed the CR1220 and attempted to reset the RD6006 to defaults still no change. I can see Reset and X on boot up but cannot select Reset.

Any help, info in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Offline gilegue

« Reply #362 on: October 15, 2020, 05:37:00 am »
If you have this problem, as per FAQ, you should push initialize in the client (could be a handheld or a PC). If you doing that, effectively you will reset the configuration. At least that is what I do when I encounter such problem and usually it will work.

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #363 on: October 15, 2020, 06:59:01 am »
I have removed the CR1220...
No need remove the battery, it will not help to reset settings...
settings stored in F-RAM (Nonvolatile Ferroelectric RAM).

I can see Reset and X on boot up but cannot select Reset.
Press "Left", then "ENTER"...

The following users thanked this post: ZeroVolts

Offline cclark001

« Reply #364 on: October 15, 2020, 07:01:00 am »
My RD6012 works fine but I get such a heavy inrush current in the NVVV S-800-70 SMPS that the contacts of the rear power switch spot welds itself and won't switch off! This is on 125vac USA power. I had another toggle switch and tried that - 20A 125V rated and the same thing happened.

I unplug it to turn it off, then toggle the back switch a dozen times to get it to unstick, or take it apart. I have an open ticket with Banggoods and I obliged them with a video of the problem but they have gone silent for a week now (Chinese holidays are well over I believe).

Any other USA users of this SMPS experience this problem?

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2020, 07:29:35 am »
...heavy inrush current in the NVVV S-800-70 SMPS that the contacts of the rear power switch spot welds itself and won't switch off!
hmm... this PSU have a soft start.
Maybe relay is damaged or its contacts are welded.

Offline alex34

« Reply #366 on: October 16, 2020, 07:19:15 pm »
Hi all!

UniSoft, great firmware, I like it very much.
Can I request a couple of features?
1. CC/CV indicator doesn't look readable enough. Can you replace it with a green/red circle, like LED? And maybe draw it in a different place?
2. Would be great if points of actual voltage, current, and power numbers will be on the same line (even though there will be less of digits for current). This can be a separate menu item "2/3 digits for current"

Thank you!

PS: one more thing: It will be handy to have the feature: setup time to disconnect the load if the PSU goes to CC mode. Say, you build a device that normally consumes 0.5A. If it consumes 1A and above - then this is really something wrong with it. You can set 1A current limit and 200mS to disconnect. Smoke tests would be much more controllable. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:20:38 am by alex34 »

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #367 on: October 17, 2020, 03:31:42 pm »
Can I request a couple of features?
1. CC/CV indicator doesn't look readable enough. Can you replace it with a green/red circle, like LED? And maybe draw it in a different place?
2. Would be great if points of actual voltage, current, and power numbers will be on the same line (even though there will be less of digits for current). This can be a separate menu item "2/3 digits for current"
I don't understand what exactly you want to get.
Can you take a screenshot and draw the sample?
As I said before, RAM of MCU is too small to implement shadow video buffer, so all drawings goes direct to LCD, without buffering.
So I need to know exactly all positions pixel by pixel (and all fonts have exact sizes).
If not fill some pixel(s), then will be artifacts from previous screen,
If to fill some area twice (for example: first fill the background and then draw on top) then will be terrible flickering...

PS: one more thing: It will be handy to have the feature: setup time to disconnect the load if the PSU goes to CC mode. Say, you build a device that normally consumes 0.5A. If it consumes 1A and above - then this is really something wrong with it. You can set 1A current limit and 200mS to disconnect. Smoke tests would be much more controllable. :)
You already have OCP (Over Current Protection)...

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #368 on: October 17, 2020, 03:51:59 pm »
Probably won't be too crazy to port OpenDPS to it. I don't have the time to do it currently though as I'm toying around with a uSupply style device

Also looks like it might have the same issue all the other DPS devices have where the voltage sags under high current draws. See here for more details

You can calibrate both the display and the output voltage separately by entering the coefficients of the function y=a+bx.
I spent more than an hour, but now the readings have an accuracy of one in the last digit.
And sorry for my English.

Offline alex34

« Reply #369 on: October 17, 2020, 05:51:29 pm »
I don't understand what exactly you want to get.
Can you take a screenshot and draw the sample?

Sure. Now, the UI looks like this:
1.png
The icon "cv" looks like other and not quite readable. But it's important to get cv/cc state change quickly.
Maybe it will be more readable like this:
CV state:
2.png
CC state:
3.png

You already have OCP (Over Current Protection)...

Its close but not 100%. Devices usually have large input capacitance and inrush current. Overcurrent protection delay can help to deal with it.

PS: sorry, can't figure out how forum tags work ((
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 05:59:32 pm by alex34 »

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #370 on: October 17, 2020, 08:01:20 pm »
The icon "cv" looks like other and not quite readable. But it's important to get cv/cc state change quickly.
Maybe it will be more readable like this:
the hole between icons looks ugly...
That area, where you put the led, is a text area, there can be other strings which is much longer then temperature, so it is not acceptable.
It is more easy to use different background color.

Its close but not 100%. Devices usually have large input capacitance and inrush current. Overcurrent protection delay can help to deal with it.
OCP is not working instantly, in some conditions delay can be up to 1 sec.
Change setting "Upd.R" to slow, and you will get delay more than 200ms for sure

P.S. By the way you can write in russian forum (the link is in readme.txt), and discuss the ideas with other users.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #371 on: October 17, 2020, 10:11:02 pm »
Rather than simulate an LED for CC, what about changing the background text color behind the AMP's digit's?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 10:21:36 pm by Cliff Matthews »

Offline dsc5555

• Contributor
« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2020, 01:29:37 am »
I would prefer the "ON/OFF" button to turn red in an overcurrent condition. But this would require a modification. Adding a red led and sacrificing an output pin.
If that power signal output that was added before is used as an OC indicator, then I would be happy to mod and add a red LED :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:33:03 am by dsc5555 »

Offline alex34

« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2020, 06:20:45 am »
I would prefer the "ON/OFF" button to turn red in an overcurrent condition. But this would require a modification. Adding a red led and sacrificing an output pin.
If that power signal output that was added before is used as an OC indicator, then I would be happy to mod and add a red LED :P
That's a great idea, now l want to do that too! Is there any free GPIOs left? UniSoft, can you do such firmware modification?

P.S. By the way you can write in russian forum (the link is in readme.txt), and discuss the ideas with other users.
Ok, I'll come there, thanks.

Offline dsc5555

• Contributor
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2020, 07:48:02 am »
That's a great idea, now l want to do that too! Is there any free GPIOs left? UniSoft, can you do such firmware modification?

It would probably easier for uniSoft to add a menu option to select the function of the current GPIO pin assigned for the "power switch" (i.e switch between power switch & OC indicator) if another GPIO cant be easily accessed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf