Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1106912 times)

Offline georges80

• Frequent Contributor
I managed to get this hack to work with 200mhz bandwidth on my scope but has any one ever figured out how to load the hack to the internal flash?

I run it in the internal flash. The procedure *IS* documented way back in this loooong thread.... You'll need to look for it just like I did. Speeds up the boot time versus from a flash drive.

cheers,
george.

The following users thanked this post: Andrew

Offline cassiopeia

Dear all,

The hack works with 2.39 firmware, the new address in the dll is 0x27B0F4, and the values are always 00 00 A0 E3.
In the picture attached, the bandwidth did not work, because I had BW50, that I changed for BW20, which works fine now.

Edit : when I said "the hack", it means "booting on USB device on a scope with regular firmware 2.35 installed".
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:30:33 pm by cassiopeia »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Blinding work, thanks  :-+

Offline iankellogg

I managed to get this hack to work with 200mhz bandwidth on my scope but has any one ever figured out how to load the hack to the internal flash?

I run it in the internal flash. The procedure *IS* documented way back in this loooong thread.... You'll need to look for it just like I did. Speeds up the boot time versus from a flash drive.

cheers,
george.

this forum thread is a mess to find stuff! I will try to find it. I haven't even figured out how to do the update yet. still running 2.35

Offline cassiopeia

I'll try to summarize, but only from the point where you have a device with regular 2.35 firmware. If you have a newest version, you have to search this topic (access to scope file system with lan, and fake the firmware version to allow downgrade, then the scope will be able to boot on usb key).
What you need :
* the python script attached to this post (I am *NOT* the author of this useful script. Linux users : replace \ by /...)
* the 2.39 firmware from Agilent
Steps :
* extract Agilent .cab firmware with you favorite program
* extract infiniiVision.cab file : you have now an infiniiVision folder
* chdir to infiniivision folder, copy dosetup.py to this folder
* python  dosetup.py (linux users should chande \ by / in _setup.xml file !!!)
* then chdir to Secure/infiniiVision
* open infiniiVisionCore.dll with hex editor, and at @0x27B0F4, change 04 00 a0 e1 by 00 00 a0 e3, then save (could be a good idea to make a backup before...)
* copy all the infiniiVision and Startup directories to an USB key
* add the infiniivisionStartupOverride.txt (attached to this post) at the root dir of your usb key
* edit Startup/infiniivision.lnk file to your needs (add the options that you want - mine is attached, for 2000 serie).

I hope this is clear (and accurate) and will help.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:41:08 pm by cassiopeia »

Offline iankellogg

I'll try to summarize, but only from the point where you have a device with regular 2.35 firmware. If you have a newest version, you have to search this topic (access to scope file system with lan, and fake the firmware version to allow downgrade, then the scope will be able to boot on usb key).
What you need :
* the python script attached to this post (I am *NOT* the author of this useful script. Linux users : replace \ by /...)
* the 2.39 firmware from Agilent
Steps :
* extract Agilent .cab firmware with you favorite program
* extract infiniiVision.cab file : you have now an infiniiVision folder
* chdir to infiniivision folder, copy dosetup.py to this folder
* python  dosetup.py (linux users should chande \ by / in _setup.xml file !!!)
* then chdir to Secure/infiniiVision
* open infiniiVisionCore.dll with hex editor, and at @0x27B0F4, change 04 00 a0 e1 by 00 00 a0 e3, then save (could be a good idea to make a backup before...)
* copy all the infiniiVision and Startup directories to an USB key
* add the infiniivisionStartupOverride.txt (attached to this post) at the root dir of your usb key
* edit Startup/infiniivision.lnk file to your needs (add the options that you want - mine is attached, for 2000 serie).

I hope this is clear (and accurate) and will help.

This was pretty good instructions. Only thing for me was, the script didn't work. I didn't need to use it though, it does work with the new firmware.

I haven't been able to find the post where someone installs it to internal flash. Maybe i just don't understand what to do.

Offline Sparky

• Frequent Contributor
I haven't been able to find the post where someone installs it to internal flash. Maybe i just don't understand what to do.

Read this.

Offline telectroboy

Hello Guys,

I'm lost with this. I try to read and read again this topic but I'm not able to find the way to do.

So I've got a DSO-X2002A 2.30 and I've hacked it with your help since 1 year and a half. But my USB key is crashed.
I remember that I've downloaded the firmware 2.35 from agilent website (unavailable now) extract it with WinCECAB and modify few hexadecimal word somewhere.

I don't remember a script or something like that.

If someone is able to summarize the way to do with USB key (without flash it inside the scope)
Because what tell cassopieia doesn't work for me. Python script work!
But Scope never boot!

Many Thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:52:20 am by telectroboy »

Offline telectroboy

Does someone has a link to 2.35 version official firmware?

For DSO-X 2002A

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter

Offline telectroboy

OK !!! 8)

Thanks a lot.
I'm upgrading to 2.35 version and I will try again the cassiopieia summary!

I hope it was the problem.

|O |O |O |O
It wasn't the problem.
So now I've got a 2.35 version but the USB key doesn't want to boot.

Does someone has an idea?
Thx

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:08:19 pm by telectroboy »

Offline DavidDLC

• Frequent Contributor
Dear all,

The hack works with 2.39 firmware, the new address in the dll is 0x27B0F4, and the values are always 00 00 A0 E3.
In the picture attached, the bandwidth did not work, because I had BW50, that I changed for BW20, which works fine now.

Edit : when I said "the hack", it means "booting on USB device on a scope with regular firmware 2.35 installed".

Do you need to downgrade the 2.39 ? Or will it boot direct from USB with 2.35 modified ?

David.

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter
Dear all,

Do you need to downgrade the 2.39 ? Or will it boot direct from USB with 2.35 modified ?

David.

You need to downgrade the scope to 2.35. You can then boot the modified 2.39 from USB.

Offline telectroboy

Which files are at root of USB stick?

Only infiniivisionstartupoverride.txt and directories "startut" and "infiniivision" ??

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter
Which files are at root of USB stick?

Only infiniivisionstartupoverride.txt and directories "startut" and "infiniivision" ??

Correct

Offline telectroboy

Please could you check this?

I've made something wrong but I don't understand what.

This is an archive of the USB Stick Root.

Thanks again

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/51b0840e5968daab35aeac63c9dafc6020150326133429/79eaa210a732573f595c7f0971a5d47320150326133429/1fe488

Offline TopLoser

• Supporter
Please could you check this?

I've made something wrong but I don't understand what.

This is an archive of the USB Stick Root.

Thanks again

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/51b0840e5968daab35aeac63c9dafc6020150326133429/79eaa210a732573f595c7f0971a5d47320150326133429/1fe488

Contents seem fine. Keep trying different USB sticks. I find that only 1 out of 10 work for me, and I have tried LOTS of different ones from LOTS of different manufacturers. Don't format it NTFS, use FAT.

Offline telectroboy

SUPER!!!!

You are right.

Manufacturer of USB key is important.

THANKS A LOT to you and all people who create this and help to do.

:-+ :-+

Offline DavidDLC

• Frequent Contributor
If somebody on this forum has an extra bare board or assembled card for the LAN module, please PM. I prefer bare board with silkscreen and soldermask.

You know sometimes when you have a PCB house making the PCBs for you they sent you more than one.

David.

Offline georges80

• Frequent Contributor
If somebody on this forum has an extra bare board or assembled card for the LAN module, please PM. I prefer bare board with silkscreen and soldermask.

You know sometimes when you have a PCB house making the PCBs for you they sent you more than one.

David.

pm sent...

cheers,
george.

Offline aholtzma

• Contributor
This is the final schematic of my working lan card. I'm using an Digikey 1419-1021-ND for the magjack.

Did you release the layout files or gerbers for this?

Offline georges80

• Frequent Contributor
This is the final schematic of my working lan card. I'm using an Digikey 1419-1021-ND for the magjack.

Did you release the layout files or gerbers for this?

I thought I did... The design is in PADS, so not sure how useful that is to most. Gerbers and pads file attached. Obviously there's no guarantee etc etc...

cheers,
george.

Offline Hugoneus

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
Has anyone used the FPGA programming port on the unit? My unit's flash is completely erased (was corrupted). When I turn the unit on, nothing at all happens.

Offline dziobu

So its posible to go back to the V2.35 with the help of telnet access.

Hi!
There is easier way to downgrade.

I have flashed 2.39 a long before I found this site. But now I have 2.35 with just PC and USB-key ;)

All has beed checked today on my MSO-X 2012 (originally it was standard 100MHz + MEMUP update with 2.39 firmware).
1. downgrade to 2.37 (it just works)
2. unpack 2000XSeries.02.37.2014052002.cab (ex with WinRAR)
3. extract file infiniiVisionLauncher.exe from infiniiVisionSetup.cab (2.37) (ex with WinCE CAB Manager)
4. unpack 2000XSeries.02.35.2013061800.cab (ex with WinRAR)
5. open infiniiVisionSetup.cab (from 2.35) file in WinCE CAB Manager, find infiniiVisionLauncher.exe on list and delete it
6. add infiniiVisionLauncher.exe (from 2.37 cab) to file list and set all properties like in old file (flags: uncheck all; location: \Secure\InfiniiVision; Hard-coded path checked)
7. file->save and exit WinCE CAB Manager
8. calc MD5 of edited infiniiVisionSetup.cab and update it in recipe.xml file
9. compress all files (ex with CabPack) from 2.35 firmware with edited infiniiVisionSetup.cab
10. flash new file

After this I reflashed scope once again with untouched 2.35 to update modified file but I don't know if it was necessary.
Also I don't know if there is possibility to downgrade directly from 2.39.

Now I have 2.35 in scope and 2.39 from USB (and I didn't need to use python script).

Starting scope from USB key:
NOT WORKS:
- Kingston DTSE9 (8GB)
- silicon power touch 830 (8GB)
- PQI connect 201 (16GB)
- all my no-name keys... (1GB..16GB)

WORKS:
- LEEF Spark 32GB

And I would like to thank everyone on this forum for files/instructions/descriptions.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:30:45 am by dziobu »
Agilent MSO ScreenGrab (freeware on http://xyzyk.pl)

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
Has anyone used the FPGA programming port on the unit? My unit's flash is completely erased (was corrupted). When I turn the unit on, nothing at all happens.
How did you manage to do this? What FPGA programming port do you mean? Are you sure the u-boot bootloader is corrupted, too? If not, you could enter commands with the serial port (see this post for the pins) and flash it again over network. Otherwise you really need to find and use some JTAG port.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf