Author Topic: EEVBlog Members Discount at Tequipment?  (Read 431131 times)

Offline DIG

Re: EEVBlog Members Discount at Tequipment?
« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2016, 02:12:29 am »
I too am looking for a deal on the Rigol 1054Z. Perhaps a bench power supply as well. I'd appreciate the TEquipment.net discount code please.

Thanks,

DIG

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2016, 02:25:34 am »
I too am looking for a deal on the Rigol 1054Z. Perhaps a bench power supply as well. I'd appreciate the TEquipment.net discount code please.

Thanks,

DIG
PM sent
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline zaoka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #427 on: January 11, 2016, 03:44:48 am »
Can I get one?

Thanks

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #428 on: January 11, 2016, 05:22:56 am »

Offline dc5e

« Reply #429 on: January 11, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »
I'm now planning on buying a DS1054Z, can I get the code?

Thanks,
Dan

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #430 on: January 11, 2016, 03:41:16 pm »
I'm now planning on buying a DS1054Z, can I get the code?

Thanks,
Dan
PM sent
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2016, 05:13:43 am »
is buying from ebay eligible for tequipment discount? why ebay? because thats what convenient for me i think... if yes, please PM me the code...
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Rigol-DS1054Z-Kit2-Digital-Oscilloscope-with-Extra-50-ohm-impedance-adapter-/262224518700?hash=item3d0dcc9e2c:g:2m8AAOSwKtlWiuiX
and can this latest 1054Z still hackable to 100MHz? ;D please point the link i've lost during the years... searching 1054Z in here resulting many bugs report instead of latest hack method...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2016, 05:20:42 am »
is buying from ebay eligible for tequipment discount? why ebay? because thats what convenient for me i think... if yes, please PM me the code...
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Rigol-DS1054Z-Kit2-Digital-Oscilloscope-with-Extra-50-ohm-impedance-adapter-/262224518700?hash=item3d0dcc9e2c:g:2m8AAOSwKtlWiuiX
and can this latest 1054Z still hackable to 100MHz? ;D please point the link i've lost during the years... searching 1054Z in here resulting many bugs report instead of latest hack method...

Has been addressed before and the answer is no, the code is only good for their site.

Edit: Btw I don't have the new code, just wanted to let you know that you can't use it outside their store AFAIK.
And they take paypal btw.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:23:53 am by miguelvp »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #433 on: January 12, 2016, 05:47:28 am »
Has been addressed before and the answer is no, the code is only good for their site.
Edit: Btw I don't have the new code, just wanted to let you know that you can't use it outside their store AFAIK.
ok thanks, i'll browse in their site, i registered sometime ago and did ask about the code, but didnt manage to close the deal. i hope i can try again. anyone else? the new code?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #434 on: January 12, 2016, 10:08:12 am »
ok thanks, i'll browse in their site, i registered sometime ago and did ask about the code, but didnt manage to close the deal. i hope i can try again. anyone else? the new code?
PM sent for the new code.

Don't forget to sign in also, the prices are different as a registered user.

FYI, the reason the code probably isn't good on eBay is because Ebay takes part of the sale as their fee.

Offline KingKnute

« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2016, 12:44:25 pm »
May I have a code for a Rigol scope at Tequipment?

Thanks!

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #436 on: January 14, 2016, 01:40:50 pm »
May I have a code for a Rigol scope at Tequipment?

Thanks!
PM sent.

Offline rkovvur

« Reply #437 on: January 14, 2016, 03:56:51 pm »
Hi All:

I am planning to jump in and buy the Siglent SDS1202X O scope from Tequipment. Can I get discount code too ?

Thanks !

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2016, 04:58:15 pm »
Hi All:

I am planning to jump in and buy the Siglent SDS1202X O scope from Tequipment. Can I get discount code too ?

Thanks !
PM Sent

Offline unimorpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2016, 06:45:01 pm »
Tequipment has to be one of the most difficult shops to buy from, at least at a discount. After struggling to get a military or educational discount quote with 4 different quote request I just ordered from Amazon. Tequipment did everything they could to duck and dodge the discount request. If I think about it too long I will box this stuff up and send it back. Did not know about the EEVblog discounts. The many sales persons I spoke to could have mentioned that. Ended up ordering a DS2072A, DP832 and DG4062 from them via Amazon just t get the Prime shipping and even that went south. Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I think I will look elsewhere for my bench DMM and spectrum analyzer. Overall not pleased with this shopping experience.

Offline Divvi

• Contributor
« Reply #440 on: January 14, 2016, 07:06:39 pm »
Can someone send me the new code? Looking to pick up a hakko. Thanks.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #441 on: January 14, 2016, 07:46:16 pm »
Can someone send me the new code? Looking to pick up a hakko. Thanks.
PM Sent

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #442 on: January 14, 2016, 08:34:36 pm »
Tequipment has to be one of the most difficult shops to buy from, at least at a discount. After struggling to get a military or educational discount quote with 4 different quote request I just ordered from Amazon. Tequipment did everything they could to duck and dodge the discount request. If I think about it too long I will box this stuff up and send it back. Did not know about the EEVblog discounts. The many sales persons I spoke to could have mentioned that. Ended up ordering a DS2072A, DP832 and DG4062 from them via Amazon just t get the Prime shipping and even that went south. Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I think I will look elsewhere for my bench DMM and spectrum analyzer. Overall not pleased with this shopping experience.

I'm sorry to hear your experience has been different from mine and others. I've ordered several items without a problem and fast shipping. I've only used the EEVBlog discount since I don't qualify for any other discount so I can not speak about those other discounts or how they work.

I can say that the EEVBlog discount is for EEVBlog members, people that watch EEVBlog on YouTube and participate on the forum. This is given to EEVBlog members as a courtesy from TEquiptment and I assume was worked out with the owner of EEVBlog. This is not a publicly advertised discount and not meant to be used to get new members to join EEVBlog. I can only assume because it was set up for current members (and we still give it out to new members also when asked for) then TEquiptment as a company is not required to advertise a discount given to another site like the EEVBlog discount. Because TEquiptment might publicly advertises education or military discounts then they may inform you of that option when requesting quotes.

I do know if you mention the EEVBlog discount during a quote process they will apply the discount.  But remember that most companies only allow one discount to be applied and usually will not allow multiple combined discounts on a single order or quote.

Another thing to always consider is your location. When I lived in a different state I was not taxed by Amazon and the tax rate was more then the EEVBlog discount. So then it was worth buying from Amazon but this was still provided by the same supplier. I made sure it was from the same supplier so the manufacturers warranty was still valid since the supplier was an authorized reseller of the product I was purchasing.

Recently Amazon decided to set up shop in Ohio and now some items shipped and sold from Amazon are taxed for me. So now I will buy directly from the suppliers like TEquiptment since it's cheaper on tax and I can apply the EEVBlog discount being a member of this forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your personal experience and frustration and can't say if you should send items back or not. But going forward if the EEVBlog discount is cheaper or the same as education/military discounts then you have the option to use that one now that your a member.

Please keep in mind the above other variables like tax and shipping. TEquiptment is free shipping on most items over $99 and I usually receive their items in 2 to 3 working days. I'm also an Amazon prime member and do sometimes debate if if the extra cost is worth ordering from Amazon when it's absolutely needed in 2 days. But I can also tell you that amazons prime 2 day shipping is not always a guaranteed 2 day shipping. I've had them take 3 or 4 days also and they were nice enough to read the fine print to me from the Amazon agreement basically saying sorry at the same time telling me it's not a guaranteed promised 2 day shipping and I was wrong to argue it.  So now I wonder as my prime membership is close to ending if I will be renewing it or not.

I would definitely not rule out TEquiptment for future purchases, they take care of their customers if you receive an item that has a problem being an authorized dealer for most of the items they sell. A friend of mine is currently still trying to get his Bryman meter repaired and had to ship it half way around the world for the warranty. This was 45 days ago and they still have not replace or repaired the item. I take things like this into consideration when I buy items that I consider expensive. I made the mistake of buying one item from eBay and even once from Amazon to find out later it was not covered under manufacturers warranty because it wasn't sold to me by an authorized reseller/dealer.

Good luck on your future purchases.

FYI: NanoFrog and I have recently changed the template we use for providing the discount code when requested. It now includes instructions in how to apply the discount at the bottom of our responses. This was done to make things easier for the EEVBlog members purchasing an item from TEquiptment.

Offline unimorpheus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #443 on: January 14, 2016, 11:52:42 pm »
Scottjd, thank you for the detailed response, just want to clarify some points and then I will let it go. First I was an EEVblog member before considering my equipment purchase. I used the forum to research my equipment options to narrow manufacture, model and type as I have been out of the field for 20 years. Second my issue did not involve combining discounts, my issue was getting an actionable quote for ANY discount and finally I live in California, the state that strong armed Amazon into charging tax so I am well aware of Amazon's shipping, tax collection and Prime policies. This is why I initially wanted to go straight to Tequipment and I worked with them for a week. Tequipment was charging me an arm and a leg on 3-day shipping where Amazon was far less on 2-day and I did get the items when promised. No shipping on the DS2072A as it was fulfilled by Amazon. California still cannot demand tax on items sold by out-of-state vendors with no California presence and all equipment was sourced from Tequipment so tax was never an issue. All of these thing were considered.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #444 on: January 15, 2016, 12:14:57 am »
Tequipment has to be one of the most difficult shops to buy from, at least at a discount ...

Well, as far as the eevblog discount and Tequipment, it's a stellar company to deal with. In fact, just yesterday I used the eevblog discount to order a Rigol spectrum analyzer, and even got a follow up phone call to make sure everything went according to plan.

Before I ordered, I PMed Even (the owner of the company) here, because the Tequipment website indicated that they were out of stock. I was curious as to when they might be getting more DSA815-TG's in stock. He replied to my PM here, which was cool. Evan really took care of me, and said he knew where some were and to go ahead and order it. Now it's on the way and will be here by Monday.  :-+

Just wanted to let people know.  :)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #445 on: January 15, 2016, 03:24:18 am »
Scottjd, thank you for the detailed response, just want to clarify some points and then I will let it go. First I was an EEVblog member before considering my equipment purchase. I used the forum to research my equipment options to narrow manufacture, model and type as I have been out of the field for 20 years. Second my issue did not involve combining discounts, my issue was getting an actionable quote for ANY discount and finally I live in California, the state that strong armed Amazon into charging tax so I am well aware of Amazon's shipping, tax collection and Prime policies. This is why I initially wanted to go straight to Tequipment and I worked with them for a week. Tequipment was charging me an arm and a leg on 3-day shipping where Amazon was far less on 2-day and I did get the items when promised. No shipping on the DS2072A as it was fulfilled by Amazon. California still cannot demand tax on items sold by out-of-state vendors with no California presence and all equipment was sourced from Tequipment so tax was never an issue. All of these thing were considered.

Thanks for the additional information and welcome back...
 Yes, I know all about California strong arming Amazon for tax. I lived in the East Bay San Fransisco area for 18 years (moved to CA from PA when I was 21 for a job) before relocating for a job transfer to Ohio during the collapse of the economy from the mortgage industry. I guess I got used to no tax Amazon in Ohio for a few years and now that's gone since Amazon is moving in around the corner from me....oh well.
In fact due to a recent fall in health I'm debating on moving back to CA for the warmer climate. But The Carolinas are also an option and cheaper cost of living I guess. So I still haven't decided.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:36:42 am by Scottjd »

Offline fitch

• Contributor
« Reply #446 on: January 15, 2016, 01:16:09 pm »
I just want to share a not so good experience when purchasing an item from tequipment fulfilled by Amazon.  I had hoped to get it in 2 days as I am a prime member.  The fulfillment center screwed things up big time and it was very late getting to UPS.

The bigger problem was it was an ancient piece of gear, must have been sitting in the fulfillment center for 1 1/2 years and the calibration had expired!  I sent it back.

In the future, I would rather order from them direct in the hopes of getting newer product.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #447 on: January 15, 2016, 04:24:53 pm »
not trying to hijack but since some new members mentioned their not so happy experience, let me tell mine.. this is 2nd time i made contact with them, the 1st time was few months ago when there is no stock they told me i have to wait few weeks, so i abandon the cart. this 2nd time i made contact with them through 2 channels, the 1st is ebay, i asked how much shipping cost with tracking number, the reply was they gave me their phone number and ask me to call :palm: i'm on the other side of the world what good can it be rather than just reply me in the email. i replied to them telling its not feasible, they havent replied so i guess they surrendered. and then i went direct to their site and put in the cart again just to know the cheapest shipping cost is ~$100+, if i want reputable courier like fedex/ups or such, the cost is just few dollars cheaper than the dso price itself :palm: so i was looking in ebay from another seller. it just so happen one seller (tool-boom) offered me $399 + $52 DHL from hongkong. now do the math, tequipment with discount $375 + $112 the less reputable USPS. i appreciate tequipment's involvement here, but sadly their sale dept is less stellar and their shipping option is limited. granted they can be good to the neighboorhood, but for someone non-native english half the globe away like me, i say to them i'm sorry, i feel for them. someone may argue about warranty, well sending back half the globe for warranty is just as annoying and i aint making a long distance phone call no way, its just too hasslefull esp non-native on the noisy communication channel. so i'll cross my finger on this. now my DS1054Z is on the way from hongkong by DHL, thank you very much... the motivation to publish this sort of negative effect post is that i hope my neighboorhood may think before buying from them the american based. hypnosis and lip service doesnt work with me, only money... pls do the math first, its your money...

Offline mojoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #448 on: January 15, 2016, 07:57:16 pm »
I'd like the discount code, please.

Thanks.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #449 on: January 15, 2016, 08:15:38 pm »
I'd like the discount code, please.

Thanks.
PM sent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf