Author Topic: EEVBlog Members Discount at Tequipment?  (Read 428507 times)

Offline jacksradio

• Contributor
Re: EEVBlog Members Discount at Tequipment?
« Reply #725 on: June 02, 2016, 10:36:13 pm »
I will be buying a bench DMM soon.  Would appreciate the discount code.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #726 on: June 03, 2016, 12:06:07 am »
I will be buying a bench DMM soon.  Would appreciate the discount code.
PM sent.

Offline Ossian

« Reply #727 on: June 03, 2016, 03:34:33 am »
Is the TEquipment discount code still available?
I'm looking to purchase a few lab items.

Thanks,
Ossian

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #728 on: June 03, 2016, 04:01:26 am »
Is the TEquipment discount code still available?
I'm looking to purchase a few lab items.

Thanks,
Ossian
PM sent.

Offline je2015

« Reply #729 on: June 05, 2016, 12:34:34 pm »
Hi,

If someone could please PM me the discount code,  It would be grateful.

I am looking to buy few items from Tequipment.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #730 on: June 05, 2016, 01:00:23 pm »
Ready to make a purchase. Please send PM.

Thanks...

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #731 on: June 05, 2016, 08:19:32 pm »
PM sent

Hi,

If someone could please PM me the discount code,  It would be grateful.

I am looking to buy few items from Tequipment.
Thanks in advance.
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #732 on: June 05, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »
 Please me the code too.

Thanks

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #733 on: June 05, 2016, 08:21:47 pm »
PM sent

Ready to make a purchase. Please send PM.

Thanks...
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #734 on: June 05, 2016, 08:26:11 pm »
PM sent

Please me the code too.

Thanks

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #735 on: June 05, 2016, 08:28:19 pm »
Thank you very much....Got extra money to but more equipment  :-+

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #736 on: June 05, 2016, 08:34:55 pm »
Your welcome. I know the feeling. I just used the code yesterday for the Rigol DP832 persicion power supply. I'm working on smaller board, smaller parts these days and it will be nice to having to shove 2 meters inline to check the current and voltage of my Korad triple and trust the display.

The Korad was a good starter, and still has its place on the bench for others things. But the Rigol will also be a nice addition and I can maybe sell some of my meters. I made the call when I found I could calibrate myself with a script, and wanted a PSU that's I can tie to a automated test plan and thenkora doesn't have a USB, GBIP, or network port to do this test automation with my HP 34401A and scope.

Enjoy your new buy, I know I can't wait to get mine tomorrow.
Scott

Thank you very much....Got extra money to but more equipment  :-+

Offline JWH

• Contributor
« Reply #737 on: June 05, 2016, 09:31:25 pm »
I just started my membership with EEVBlog today (thanks Dave) and I'm close to buying the Rigol DP832. The Tequipment discount code would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #738 on: June 06, 2016, 12:17:09 am »
I just started my membership with EEVBlog today (thanks Dave) and I'm close to buying the Rigol DP832. The Tequipment discount code would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
PM sent.

Offline JWH

• Contributor
« Reply #739 on: June 06, 2016, 12:49:11 am »
PM sent.

nanofrog: Thanks for the reply. I just bought a Siglent SDS 1102X to replace a great but aging and temperamental Tektronix 465B (those leaf-switches on the volts/div can be a problem), and a Siglent SDG 2042X to replace an aging and temperamental Interstate F77 signal generator. Both of them are close to 40 years old. The Tek had electrolytic capacitor failures in the power supply a couple of times. The Interstate needed some new caps and a small transistor replacement along the way.

The Rigol DP832 would replace a power supply that I built in the late 1970s and still works, even with the original electrolytic capacitors (also close to 40 years old). It has served me well, but I need something with current limiting, more precise voltage setting, readouts, etc.

I learned an important lesson about grounding with that power supply card design. One end of the main electrolytic capacitors (very long axial capacitors, over 3" [80mm] long) was at the back end of the card, far from the action. The current flow decided to take a more direct route to the edge connector at the front, significantly reducing the effectiveness of the capacitor. Fortunately, a long jumper and a cut trace fixed the issue. I would have to disassemble it to verify what I did, but that will have to wait until I get the Rigol.

Thanks again.

Offline JWH

• Contributor
« Reply #740 on: June 07, 2016, 03:33:39 pm »
Here is an update on my Siglent SDS 1102X scope in relationship to the Tequipment discount: I bought the scope from Tequipment through Amazon. As I am sure everyone is aware, for whatever the reason, Tequipment is no longer carrying Siglent, so the scope was available for a significant discount (~15%) as a close-out of their inventory.

I knew that Siglent is offering a free Decode option ("Save $169") through July 26th for the SDS1000X scopes, so I contacted them to see about obtaining that option. I had to provide a copy of the invoice, which I did by "printing" a copy of the Amazon invoice using the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer driver. I sent the PDF to Siglent. I just received the lengthy license code from Siglent and installed it in the scope. So that turned out well.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #741 on: June 07, 2016, 04:16:59 pm »
Im glad you were able to still get the software unlock update, they didn't need to so that. So that was customer service above and beyond and good to hear.

If you still need the discount code for the tequitment website just reply and let us know, we can PM it to you.
Scott

https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

Here is an update on my Siglent SDS 1102X scope in relationship to the Tequipment discount: I bought the scope from Tequipment through Amazon. As I am sure everyone is aware, for whatever the reason, Tequipment is no longer carrying Siglent, so the scope was available for a significant discount (~15%) as a close-out of their inventory.

I knew that Siglent is offering a free Decode option ("Save $169") through July 26th for the SDS1000X scopes, so I contacted them to see about obtaining that option. I had to provide a copy of the invoice, which I did by "printing" a copy of the Amazon invoice using the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer driver. I sent the PDF to Siglent. I just received the lengthy license code from Siglent and installed it in the scope. So that turned out well.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:18:57 pm by Scottjd »

Offline JWH

• Contributor
« Reply #742 on: June 07, 2016, 08:07:05 pm »
Im glad you were able to still get the software unlock update, they didn't need to so that. So that was customer service above and beyond and good to hear.

I agree. I would not have complained if Siglent had chosen not to honor the offer since I bought the scope from a dealer that was no longer a dealer.

I think it is great that Siglent has a presence here and they pay attention to their customer's concerns, bug reports and suggestions for improvements. Everyone wins in the end. Better products, happier customers. Firmware!

I have not yet received the discount code for Tequipment. Thanks for asking.

JWH

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #743 on: June 07, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »
PM sent, I didn't know you still needed it since you bought yours from Amazon. It's sent now.
Thanks,
Scott

I agree. I would not have complained if Siglent had chosen not to honor the offer since I bought the scope from a dealer that was no longer a dealer.

I think it is great that Siglent has a presence here and they pay attention to their customer's concerns, bug reports and suggestions for improvements. Everyone wins in the end. Better products, happier customers. Firmware!

I have not yet received the discount code for Tequipment. Thanks for asking.

JWH

Offline JWH

• Contributor
« Reply #744 on: June 07, 2016, 09:56:12 pm »
PM sent, I didn't know you still needed it since you bought yours from Amazon. It's sent now.

PM received. Thank you very much. I still need to buy a Rigol DP832, so your reply is helpful.

The following users thanked this post: Scottjd

Offline Gen2ux

« Reply #745 on: June 09, 2016, 10:39:14 pm »
Long time lurker here and subscriber to Dave's Youtube channel.  I'm FINALLY in the market to up my EE lab and saw there is a discount code at Tequipment for EEVblog members....is this still available? 

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #746 on: June 09, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »
PM Sent

Long time lurker here and subscriber to Dave's Youtube channel.  I'm FINALLY in the market to up my EE lab and saw there is a discount code at Tequipment for EEVblog members....is this still available?

Offline Skimask

• Super Contributor
« Reply #747 on: June 10, 2016, 07:29:36 pm »
I'll give it a shot.
PM me...
I didn't take it apart.
I turned it on.

The only stupid question is, well, most of them...

Save a fuse...Blow an electrician.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #748 on: June 10, 2016, 11:36:13 pm »
I'll give it a shot.
PM me...
PM sent.

Offline usui

« Reply #749 on: June 13, 2016, 03:10:53 pm »
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a Hakko C1392B fixture and Hakko FR-810B-05 both in one order for the first time at Tequipment. It's a pretty expensive order. Could you send me a discount code as well? I'd appreciate it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf