Author Topic: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator  (Read 155801 times)

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #625 on: January 31, 2022, 04:14:01 am »
So... assuming this is the one I have settled on, what is this "pre-order" bit on the Banggood site? Pre-orders arrive on Feb 10 it says. And this is Jan 30. Does that mean they have none? Or does it mean if they did, they're not even going to bother to ship till AT LEAST Feb 10, if not later. Will I get it before the rapture or the zombie apocalypse?

Chinese New Year celebrations are starting and will run for a couple of weeks.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13984435/chinese-new-year-key-dates/

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #626 on: January 31, 2022, 02:27:13 pm »
As explained I'm now happy with my Li-Ion driven FY6900 and I enjoy the fun of a floating generator.

Attached two measurements of the (floating) FY6900 and for comparison my SDG 2042.
(spectrum calibrated in "dBV")

As you can see the noise floor of the FY is a little bit higher but free from any mains harmonics.

Now I need a second, cheap battery driven scope for my audio works..... it never ends....  |O

The following users thanked this post: radiolistener, john_mallord

Offline decybelq

« Reply #627 on: February 02, 2022, 04:28:05 pm »
Has anyone who owns the FY6900H-100M model coped with the lack of communication between the PC and the generator? I tested four CH340 controllers with no results. Every time I get error "380" as described earlier. Repeated attempt to contact the manufacturer FeelTech also without answer. Probably the software from 2019 does not fit this model.

I have the same problem - someone has a solution

Offline decybelq

« Reply #628 on: February 02, 2022, 05:28:37 pm »
Someone has DDS signal PC software v6.5 or newer

Offline duckman

« Reply #629 on: February 02, 2022, 05:44:40 pm »
You can download through the generator software (help>pc software update) if you want, please send me an email and I will send you the file

Offline bomarek

« Reply #630 on: February 02, 2022, 06:26:58 pm »
Tylko jest mały problem bo tak robię jak podałeś a otrzymuję komunikat z aplikacji: Download failed!

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
« Reply #631 on: February 02, 2022, 06:35:23 pm »
Has anyone who owns the FY6900H-100M model coped with the lack of communication between the PC and the generator? I tested four CH340 controllers with no results. Every time I get error "380" as described earlier. Repeated attempt to contact the manufacturer FeelTech also without answer. Probably the software from 2019 does not fit this model.

I have the same problem - someone has a solution

Here is some python code which talks to the FY-series devices:

https://github.com/mattwach/fygen/

The first thing I would check is to see if the USB serial port is showing up. Check under "problems opening the device" for details specific to Windows, Linux and OS X:

https://github.com/mattwach/fygen/#troubleshooting

If the USB serial port is showing up then I would try the Python code on that page to see if it can talk to the generator.

Offline Janwoj

« Reply #632 on: February 03, 2022, 01:48:01 pm »
The problem is that the program for FY6900 itself starts and only after connecting the generator to the PC, data is transferred from it to the PC, but no instructions from the PC to the generator are transferred and the communication is stopped and the message data error appears on the screen - 380. Updating from the program level is not possible and the same with generator programming. When the program starts from the FY8300 model, the communication is not interrupted, the error message 380 is missing, but the update attempt ends with information about the wrong model. USB port with different CH340 drivers is working fine. The problem is in the software itself, which does not want to work with this FY6900H-100M model. Maybe the program works only with the 6900 models, but with a lower frequency.

Offline decybelq

« Reply #633 on: February 04, 2022, 11:05:12 am »
Hello!

I've received FY6900 PC Software v 6.5 from my seller. Application offers to update firmware my FY6900 from v1.3 up to v1.4. Could I see changelog?
You can share soft

Offline Henry Finley

• Contributor
« Reply #634 on: February 15, 2022, 02:10:57 am »
I never did order that Chinese function generator from my earlier posts. None of them.  I just couldn't bring myself to order crap from a country that hates us, and is likely full of counterfeit parts, fabricated in some peasant's bathtub. Who knows? All I really need out of a function generator that my Hickok 288X can't give me is the frequencies below 100kc for tape recorder bias tuning. I've been keeping my eye out for an HP 606, but so far, nothing. And I don't know of any other American made generators that will go as low as bias oscillators in tape recorders. If I overhauled that Hickok and got it to a levelof accuracy that I can tune my Hammarlunds to a dial accuracy of 1 division (or less), I have no doubt I can get an old American made 606 or whatever to do likewise. And I've actually have something--a nice vintage piece of American gear, and the gear I use it on. Bells and whistles on this Chinese gear is nice i suppose, such as it is. Just not for me. If you could purge ebay of all the fake counterfeit Chinese crap, there would be a whole lot less internet static.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #635 on: February 15, 2022, 04:22:40 am »
If you continue to spew anti Chinese crap in every other post you are going to get an earful from the Mods at minimum. Take your bullshit elsewhere!
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Vedius

« Reply #636 on: February 15, 2022, 06:23:40 am »
I have extensive experience with Chinese devices.  Often buying them is a compromise, as we say, between poverty and greed.  That is, I know what I give my money for.  And there is one more undoubted advantage of such purchases - there is always the possibility of improvement, and this is perhaps the main means of combating everyday routine in my hobby.  That is, the purchase often becomes a warm-up for the mind.  I think it's good.

The following users thanked this post: Jacon, Johnny B Good

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
  • Renovating Old Test Equipment & Calibration ..
« Reply #637 on: February 15, 2022, 06:57:57 am »
Chinese products are what you see . Might be what you get .
If one thinks 🤔 that say a good quality signal gen from a HP or siglent, etc costing $800 ++.
And  $120 brand is not going  to have  fake or clone parts .
If your a novice it's a good starting point for an endless projects and upgrading.  If your more in the voltnut a good second hand equipment is better than low grade Chinese products.
In the long run 90% everything thing is built in the same country.
, defunked 2 minutes after the warranty ends .that is if it had 1 to start with.. 🤔
"   All Started With A BIG Bang!! .  .   & Magic Smoke  ".

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Re: FeelElec New Arrival FY-6900 Signal Generator
« Reply #638 on: February 15, 2022, 08:11:42 am »
Can we leave the politics out please. We all know how the world works already, if you feel that strongly about it feel free to stump up the cash but still expect to be disappointed, or just make your own, and still be disappointed ultimately.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #639 on: February 15, 2022, 08:20:14 am »
Can we leave the politics out please. We all know how the world works already, if you feel that strongly about it feel free to stump up the cash but still expect to be disappointed, or just make your own, and still be disappointed ultimately.
Yes some have a warped sense of what's happening in the marketplace when without some of the wonderful Asian equipment now available to us all at prices just a decade ago we would've dreamed as impossible but instead believe historical gems are god sent when in fact most are being rapidly outdated by the rapid advances in the East.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good, Bad_Driver

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #640 on: February 15, 2022, 09:20:51 am »
Like I said let's LEAVE THE POLITICS OUT!

The following users thanked this post: PinheadBE, TomWinTejas

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #641 on: February 15, 2022, 11:59:00 am »
@Henry:
To me it sounds more like reasoning to stick with older gear. Some people like old cars, some like old test equipment. I used to own an R&S SMDA RF generator / am+fm transmitter which is a wonderfull piece of electromechanical engineering. Equipment like that is no longer made. If you are into that, it beats a plastic box any day -even if the plastic box is better in every aspect from a functional point of view-.

Edit note: I noticed Simon edited this post. No problem with that; I just re-edited to provide a bit of context.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 02:31:24 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: Labrat101

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #642 on: February 28, 2022, 01:36:29 pm »
I'm pretty happy that I don't have the space for old boat anchors on my desk. I have to go with new(er) equipment.
At the end all depends on your expectations.

I had a lot of fun with thy FY6900, learned something about OCXO, GPSDO, Li-Ion-batteries, counters and all ended
with a bench full of new equipment from Siglent for more than 5 k€.

But the now battery-driven FY6900 found it's place since it became a handy device without the stiff mains cable.
As mentioned above I'm looking for a  battery-driven 2nd scope, what about OWON XDS2102A + battery pack? I need it only for Audio works and it is a 12 bit scope..
Unfortunately there is no offering from Siglent in this price range.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 01:46:16 pm by Bad_Driver »

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
  • Renovating Old Test Equipment & Calibration ..
« Reply #643 on: February 28, 2022, 02:11:16 pm »
I'm pretty happy that I don't have the space for old boat anchors on my desk. I have to go with new(er) equipment.
At the end all depends on your expectations.

I had a lot of fun with thy FY6900, learned something about OCXO, GPSDO, Li-Ion-batteries, counters and all ended
with a bench full of new equipment from Siglent for more than 5 k€.

But the now battery-driven FY6900 found it's place since it became a handy device without the stiff mains cable.
As mentioned above I'm looking for a  battery-driven 2nd scope, what about OWON XDS2102A + battery pack? I need it only for Audio works and it is a 12 bit scope..
Unfortunately there is no offering from Siglent in this price range.
Nice one . glade you got it right .. If you are looking for cheap LI batteries I found that my local Ebike shop just bins
the old batteries . The case are really good for new projects and there is usually one of the batteries is still good
the 24v & 36v packs has lots of goodies plus a power level chip . ..
   Just an idea that might be useful ... Recycle the cycle  :-DD  Its Free ..

May the power be with you  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 02:14:15 pm by Labrat101 »
"   All Started With A BIG Bang!! .  .   & Magic Smoke  ".

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2022, 10:41:08 am »
Yes, I know, I got o bunch of 24 from Ebay for about 25 €. This was the reason to start with this little improvement.
All batteries are used but in the range of 1800 to 2500 mAh, enough for my needs  :-+

Offline meppr

« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2022, 10:10:12 pm »
For anyone keeping track of the variants, I received a FY6900 today (courtesy of Banggood) with:
* 5V power supply board V1.2
* main board V2.4 with tweaked layout to accommodate a "Cyclone II" in BGA form :-//

The following users thanked this post: PinheadBE, sathunter

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #646 on: March 07, 2022, 03:55:40 pm »
...with the 5 volts board a lot of improvements become much easier.  |O

The following users thanked this post: Labrat101

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #647 on: June 17, 2022, 09:07:43 am »
Checked out the running time of my LiIon-battery driven generator:
9 hours with 2 Vpp into 75 Ohms on both channels. Not that bad!

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #648 on: June 17, 2022, 09:18:50 pm »
Been having a FeelElec FY6900 for some years.
I purchased mine from Europe, through a Chinese wholesaler (BG) with EU stock and likely clearing stock as the price was lower than in CN, and was difficult to match that price with those features from any other product.
Was a tad over 60 bucks (USD) after a coupon and cashback with incl. shipping (60Mhz variant) with incl. danish 25% danish VAT.
I often run it with the 5v DC USB-B socket from either a laptop (to be able to use the PC interface to control) or with the Micsig-scopes 5v USB port, or just from a power bank.
Been trying to learn this field, and don't have any real requirements, it was mostly bang for the buck and being able to test different signals and test features on the scope and hopefully make some sense of it all, and its been handy for creating signals for all different use cases.
Sofar the FY6900 DDS been solid and got tons of features and waveforms for relatively little cost...have not tried out the arbitrary waveform feature to any real extent... just briefly drow some waving lines on the PC interface and it seemed to match up.
It got a small screen, and the front interface leaves some to be desired, not least a number pad but for the price.. you do get a lot.

FFT 60Mhz run  https://i.imgur.com/i5Kh1OU.mp4

stomped the hole, as I do like the beep , when its very docile and subdued

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 09:31:36 pm by DaneLaw »

Offline RUS

« Reply #649 on: July 16, 2022, 08:07:52 pm »
Whot to do?          Firmware1.3.1

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf