Author Topic: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 528952 times)

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #526 on: July 25, 2016, 09:00:58 pm »
Hi All...

The reason I'm here is about a scope I got my hands on and the only info I found about the part number on the PCB brought me here (see pic)...  It's a rebadged Siglent of sorts.  From what I can tell it's a SDS1102 family.  Problem is, it's semi-bricked:  previously someone tried to update the firmware and the display is not the same resolution as the firmware was written for (320X240 5.7" display trying to run 480X234 7").  Bummer is, only the left half of the displayed window appears on the screen!  Also, there is no waveform when I probe something - probe and source are fine...  Tried to "Auto", but then a message "No signal" comes up...

Can anyone please help me with the capabilities of the hardware and what firmware I should load and how?  Is there a firmware version around that drives 320X240?

The brand is AA Tech ADS-2102B and the screen splash on startup says "Atten ADS-1102CM"!!.  Can't find any AA Tech support on web.

Thanks...
Yes the 5.7" display is pre the current "L" models. (7" widescreen)

Has the PCB any unpopulated areas were bigger/more memory modules might be?
This can determine if it's 40 Kpts or 2 Mpts memory model.

I only have some old Atten 5" ADS1000 series FW on my PC that might be of help but it will too big to upload as an  attachment for you to grab so PM me if you need it with your email address.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline marchelh

« Reply #527 on: December 05, 2016, 04:21:54 pm »
Hi there,

I hope that Siglent is actually reading this forum thread, and hope the get some support for details in regards to SCPI programming of the remote control protocols of the SDS1000X(+) models.
The problem is, that the current document for remote control is based on the older SDS1000CML version and lags the newer AWG and LA functions of the X models.
Is there any information on how to access these functions from the remote control interface.

Kind regards,
Marchel.

Offline W8LV

• Regular Contributor
  • W8LV (and sometimes W8LV/VE3) USA/Canada
« Reply #528 on: December 05, 2016, 05:36:47 pm »
Fantastic! Just bought a 100 MHz scope and Arbitrary Waveform Generator from you guys a month ago... Still in the boxes...for Christmas!
I haven't touched a scope since 1978 (RCA... (Later VIZ) and Eico) in High School. I'm really afraid of blowing something up. Bill in Circleville, Ohio (W8LV)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Best Regards from W8LV in Pickaway County, Ohio, USA

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #529 on: December 05, 2016, 06:08:37 pm »
Hi there,

I hope that Siglent is actually reading this forum thread, and hope the get some support for details in regards to SCPI programming of the remote control protocols of the SDS1000X(+) models.
The problem is, that the current document for remote control is based on the older SDS1000CML version and lags the newer AWG and LA functions of the X models.
Is there any information on how to access these functions from the remote control interface.

Kind regards,
Marchel.
Was there not any material on the shipped CD ?
(I need to check one......)

This is a year old but released since the X series DSO's have been around:

http://www.siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Documents/Program_Material/SIGLENT_Digital_Oscilloscopes_Remote%20Control%20Manual.pdf

It was tucked away in the "Others" section of "Download".

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Siglent America

« Reply #530 on: December 05, 2016, 06:11:13 pm »
Hi there,

Kind regards,
Marchel.

Hi Marchel,

Have you taken a look at this programming guide?
http://www.siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Documents/Program_Material/Programming%20Guide%20For%20Digital%20Oscilloscopes%20Series.pdf

You might see if that helps you out.

Offline marchelh

« Reply #531 on: December 05, 2016, 09:14:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply. This is indeed a bit newer that the guide that I found on the Siglent web side, however This guide is still not up to date, and missing a lot of the newer functionality that the newer SDS1000X(+) are featured with. It mentions the newer SPO scopes but the AWG and Logic Analyzer remote control commands are completely missing. Are there any plans to document/expose these commands? I have tried some analisys from executing the EasyWave tool with the NI trace tool, and comparing it with the remote control guid of the signal gens from Siglent. But the actual commands send from the EasyWave tool are not the same as whats in these SDG guides. And trying some of these commands only crasshes the scope so no luck on that. By the way, love the scope.

Offline marchelh

« Reply #532 on: December 06, 2016, 05:34:16 pm »
The reason why I want this information, is to add the SDS1000(X/CML/CNL/DL) series scopes and MSO's to the SigRok library and support Pulseview to display the traces. I currently don't have the Logic Analyzer module, but I hope I can afford is soon enough to start testing the functionality of the LA. The selection system is already working and I'm now busy doing the initialization and data acquisition. So any information regarding the programming interface of the Siglent SDS series is welcome.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #533 on: December 06, 2016, 11:28:58 pm »
Thanks for the reply. This is indeed a bit newer that the guide that I found on the Siglent web side, however This guide is still not up to date, and missing a lot of the newer functionality that the newer SDS1000X(+) are featured with. It mentions the newer SPO scopes but the AWG and Logic Analyzer remote control commands are completely missing. Are there any plans to document/expose these commands? I have tried some analisys from executing the EasyWave tool with the NI trace tool, and comparing it with the remote control guid of the signal gens from Siglent. But the actual commands send from the EasyWave tool are not the same as whats in these SDG guides. And trying some of these commands only crasshes the scope so no luck on that. By the way, love the scope.
Are you using the EasyWave that's specifically for the SDS1kX+ and previous S series ?
http://www.siglentamerica.com/gjjrj-xq.aspx?id=4827&tid=14

Maybe you must use this version along with the Programming guides to get the results you seek.
Let us know if that fixes things for you.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Siglent America

« Reply #534 on: December 07, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »
I have asked the factory for more info but don't have a definite answer yet. One of our USA people is at the factory right now and have asked him to check.

The following users thanked this post: marchelh

Offline Rolo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #535 on: December 07, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »
Hi, I would like to ask a support question for my Siglent SDS1072CML Oscilloscope. It's working fine but there is one little annoying thing and that is that at every powerup the language question pops up. I have to confirm English every time. I did read somewhere that this can be fixed by loading a config file, if this is true can you provide me the config file for my model oscilloscope ? Attached you find the details of my oscilloscope.
Thanks !

Offline marchelh

« Reply #536 on: December 07, 2016, 04:32:20 pm »
Are you using the EasyWave that's specifically for the SDS1kX+ and previous S series ?
http://www.siglentamerica.com/gjjrj-xq.aspx?id=4827&tid=14

Maybe you must use this version along with the Programming guides to get the results you seek.
Let us know if that fixes things for you.  ;)

Yes, I did. This showed me some of the functions are available in the scope but not documented in the guides. And what would really be useful are the possibilities to switch on and of waveforms and change the AWG waveform time bases. And that is not implemented in the EasyWave application. So A more complete remote control guide would be a must, and make the scope really usefull. 

Gr,
Marchel. 

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #537 on: December 07, 2016, 07:00:49 pm »
Hi, I would like to ask a support question for my Siglent SDS1072CML Oscilloscope. It's working fine but there is one little annoying thing and that is that at every powerup the language question pops up. I have to confirm English every time. I did read somewhere that this can be fixed by loading a config file, if this is true can you provide me the config file for my model oscilloscope ? Attached you find the details of my oscilloscope.
Thanks !
Good, you are using the latest FW.  :-+

Language selection at boot has been an enduring problem for Siglent to get right for users and we have requested several times for this to be solved.  :horse:

But there's a reason why it's still present: these scopes are often supplied in #'s to educational facilities where students have great fun in changing the language setting just before they leave the lab.
Of course then on next boot the language selection is there to easily fix this.

If you just ignore it and use ANY control or button, the language selection dialogue will immediately disappear and you can just continue to use the scope.
If you use this startup procedure you will quickly get used to ignoring the language selection.

We know this is not ideal but it works.
Fortunately the X series and the new CML+ models don't have this annoying small problem.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:05:32 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Siglent America

« Reply #538 on: December 08, 2016, 03:19:43 pm »
Hi there,

Kind regards,
Marchel.

PM sent

Offline Rolo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2016, 02:30:54 pm »
Thanks !
Good, you are using the latest FW.  :-+

Language selection at boot has been an enduring problem for Siglent to get right for users and we have requested several times for this to be solved.  :horse:

But there's a reason why it's still present: these scopes are often supplied in #'s to educational facilities where students have great fun in changing the language setting just before they leave the lab.
Of course then on next boot the language selection is there to easily fix this.

If you just ignore it and use ANY control or button, the language selection dialogue will immediately disappear and you can just continue to use the scope.
If you use this startup procedure you will quickly get used to ignoring the language selection.

We know this is not ideal but it works.
Fortunately the X series and the new CML+ models don't have this annoying small problem.
Thanks for your reply. I assume that with the plus model now available there wil be no more updates for my scope. As said, it not a big problemen but it looks like an easy fix in firmware. If anyone (educational purpose) wants the selection at boot they can choose not to apply the update.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #540 on: December 10, 2016, 06:52:05 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I assume that with the plus model now available there wil be no more updates for my scope. As said, it not a big problemen but it looks like an easy fix in firmware. If anyone (educational purpose) wants the selection at boot they can choose not to apply the update.
I couldn't say.  :-//
The CML's and CNL's are still sold in China along with other models we don't see in Western markets. They've both been good units for a # of years so I wouldn't write off there's more FW to come however I think any further tweaks will be minor. I now only stock the Plus models as they have LAN and a higher res display for the same price as the older models like yours.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #541 on: December 30, 2016, 02:26:06 am »
New Firmware for SPD3303X and X-E models.
http://www.siglentamerica.com/gjjrj.aspx?id=15

From the changelog:

Summary of Changes:
1) Add the CH3’s SCPI control command.
2) Fixed a design bug about voltage setup.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline pantelei4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #542 on: January 03, 2017, 09:50:51 am »
Siglent shs806 normal mode and long memory problems.
My device has firmware SHS800 series Firmware Version: 3.01.02.02R2 | Released 2015-03-10
I'm sorry my English is very bad.
In normal mode  trigger incorrectly expands and scales already captured waveform.
All, who have such devices, confirm this bug.
Long memory does not work in single and normal trigger mode.
When there are bugs fixed?
https://youtu.be/w-3WQrMFcqU

https://youtu.be/cFkWue_sLkY

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:11:55 am by pantelei4 »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #543 on: January 03, 2017, 04:13:52 pm »
Siglent shs806 normal mode and long memory problems.
My device has firmware SHS800 series Firmware Version: 3.01.02.02R2 | Released 2015-03-10
I'm sorry my English is very bad.
In normal mode  trigger incorrectly expands and scales already captured waveform.
All, who have such devices, confirm this bug.
Long memory does not work in single and normal trigger mode.
When there are bugs fixed?
Welcome to the forum.

I'll point these issues to Tech support.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Dmitrii

« Reply #544 on: January 17, 2017, 11:46:16 am »
Hello!

I purchased the SDS1202CNL+ oscilloscope and I want to connect it to NI LabView 2016. The problem is that Measurement & Automation Explorer does not see this model neither by USB, nor by RS-232. In the oscilloscope system menu item "Back USB" there are only two options available: "Printer" and "Computer", but there is no option "USBTMC". There is no firmware update for this model at the Siglent website. Could you help me to resolve this problem, please.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 02:57:14 pm by Dmitrii »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #545 on: January 17, 2017, 06:54:22 pm »
Hello!

I purchased the SDS1202CNL+ oscilloscope and I want to connect it to NI LabView 2016. The problem is that Measurement & Automation Explorer does not see this model neither by USB, nor by RS-232. In the oscilloscope system menu item "Back USB" there are only two options available: "Printer" and "Computer", but there is no option "USBTMC". There is no firmware update for this model at the Siglent website. Could you help me to resolve this problem, please.
Welcome to the forum.

Which drivers are you using ?
For Matlab there a list of them here:
http://www.siglentamerica.com/gjjrj.aspx?id=204&page=2
But the CML+ version is not there.  :( For LAN support we'll need a dedicated version as the non + versions didn't have LAN. I'll ask at Siglent to find the solution for you.....maybe you can use the CML version I do not know.
When you set the rear USB to Computer this is the correct for your needs.

I have a second beta firmware for the CML+ but Siglent are still working on firmware for public release and we will announce it here when it's available.

It may be ~12 hrs before I get a reply from the factory.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Dmitrii

Offline Dmitrii

« Reply #546 on: January 17, 2017, 08:40:16 pm »
I use driver supplied with scope on CD disk (uowrd.inf, uowrd.sys)

and

Certified LabVIEW Plug and Play (project-style) Instrument Driver "Siglent SDS 1000 2000 Series Oscilloscope"
http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=1CB43FDA346F59D2E05400144FF93680

The EasyScope 3 connects to the scope, but it works with glitches. The LabView does not see the scope at all.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2017, 09:22:57 am »
I use driver supplied with scope on CD disk (uowrd.inf, uowrd.sys)

and

Certified LabVIEW Plug and Play (project-style) Instrument Driver "Siglent SDS 1000 2000 Series Oscilloscope"
http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=1CB43FDA346F59D2E05400144FF93680

The EasyScope 3 connects to the scope, but it works with glitches. The LabView does not see the scope at all.
I will spend some time on this for you in a few days when my new stocks of SDS1102+ come in. At this time Siglent have not finished the Matlab drivers for these CML+ models.  >:(
Until then please be patient, I am busy shaking trees and hoping the right fruits will fall.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Dmitrii

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #548 on: January 19, 2017, 04:43:34 am »
SDS1k CML+ and SDS1kDL+ firmware:
http://www.siglentamerica.com/gjjrj.aspx?id=15

No Changelogs as this is the first firmware since these updated models were released.  :(
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Aeternam

• Supporter
    • Schartz Engineering
« Reply #549 on: January 19, 2017, 09:12:19 am »
Tautech, any pointers on a european release date for Siglent's new 6 1/2 digit DMM?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf