Author Topic: Rigol ds1054z  (Read 26930 times)

Offline Twoflower

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol ds1054z
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2018, 07:57:24 pm »
The scope does not recognize the mode of the probe.

By the way here's Daves explanation of the 1x probes including also the 10x probes:

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2018, 08:29:40 pm »
No manufacturer nor distributor will send you the main board ("central plate" ?) for you to fix it yourself, period.
You are completely wrong, I received main boards from OWON 2-3 years ago with a video on how to open the scope and make the repair myself.  It is very cost efficient for manufacturers to do it.

Sure, I believe you, its just that must be on a special occasion, don't know, maybe that particular model was still on full attention from the crowd at that time.

Just don't believe its the standard policy, and norm in supporting their product, case by case I guess.

C'mon, it doesn't make any sense if the manufacturer is willingly to send out "for free" the main board when everytime someone just need to say ... "Hey Owon, your product is broken, because I say so, now send me the replacement board, oh, I know how to use screw driver, don't worry."

Offline Adrian_Arg.Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2018, 08:31:39 pm »
Thank you for giving me the reason to my request both to rigol and to tequipment that is in my opinion the one that would have to intermediate with rigol, since it has sold more than 1000 rigol ds1054z, according to their statistics and have more than 500 stock.
  there are companies and others are business projects (rigol). The sad thing is that I fell for a bad publicity made by certain people that is not worth mentioning.

I'm not sure of what bad publicity you are claiming victim to, but Tequipment likely would have served you the same as they would a local. The return policy I believe was available to you, in time. I too would have to pay return shipping for service in this case.

So now you are done with Rigol and attempting warranty service?
I acquired it on 02/15/2018 and I received it on 03/28/2018 in my house, they told me the 30 days from the 15/02, so they say that the claim of the team is not valid, that does not leave me conformed because the 30 days were completed on 04/28/2018.
They decided that I was in contact with Rigol, which I did, send images, I attached this link to this information, request that they sell me a central pcb to make the change, I do not receive any response. it costs me cheaper to buy a secure pcb plate, than to send the equipment back and forth u $ s226.
Yesterday I returned to send a mail to Rigol. Tequipment does not answer me.

in spanish
yo lo adquiri el 15/02/2018 y lo recibi el 28/03/2018 en mi casa, ellos me contarorn los 30 dias desde el 15/02, por eso dicen que no es valido el reclamo del equipo, eso no me dejo conforme porque los 30 dias se cumpleron el 28/04/2018.
Medijeron que me onga en contacto con Rigol, lo cual hice, envie imagenes, adheri este link dinde esta completa la informacion, solicite que me vendan una pcb central para realizar el cambio, no recibo respuesta alguna. me cuesta mas barato comprar una placa pcb seguro, que enviar el equipo ida y vuelta u$s226.
Ayer volvi a reeviar el un mail a Rigol. Tequipment no me responde.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2018, 08:33:39 pm »
There is one thing that I forget to document.

When I turn on the equipment with the X10 probes, after a few hours, these are decompensated.
Now I am really confused... The X10 probes start uncompensated, then 10 minutes later they get compensated and work correctly, but then after few hours they get uncompensated again?????

correct when I turn off the computer for a few hours and it cools.

in spanish

correcto cuando apago el equipo durante unas horas y este se enfria.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2018, 08:38:43 pm »
The scope does not recognize the mode of the probe.

By the way here's Daves explanation of the 1x probes including also the 10x probes:

thanks is one of the quvi videos when it detects the problem

in spanish
gracias es uno de los videos quvi cuando detecte el problema

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2018, 08:39:38 pm »
No manufacturer nor distributor will send you the main board ("central plate" ?) for you to fix it yourself, period.
You are completely wrong, I received main boards from OWON 2-3 years ago with a video on how to open the scope and make the repair myself.  It is very cost efficient for manufacturers to do it.

Sure, I believe you, its just that must be on a special occasion, don't know, maybe that particular model was still on full attention from the crowd at that time.

Just don't believe its the standard policy, and norm in supporting their product, case by case I guess.

C'mon, it doesn't make any sense if the manufacturer is willingly to send out "for free" the main board when everytime someone just need to say ... "Hey Owon, your product is broken, because I say so, now send me the replacement board, oh, I know how to use screw driver, don't worry."
I at no time request sending the pcb at no cost,
- already paid the central PCB.
- I took care of shipping costs.

in spanish
yo en ningun momento solicite envio de la pcb sin costo alguno,
- ya abonaba la PCB central.
- yo me hacia cargo de los costos de envio.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2018, 08:43:59 pm »
I acquired it on 02/15/2018 and I received it on 03/28/2018 in my house, they told me the 30 days from the 15/02, so they say that the claim of the team is not valid, that does not leave me conformed because the 30 days were completed on 04/28/2018.

Read here, your own quote ...

..... this is the last mail from TEQUIPMENT, that I received.

Emilio,

I have found your order No. A339740 in our system.

Unfortunately, we do not offer the central plate of the scope separately as a replacement part.

We can help you with the purchase of a new scope. This is also past the return period of 30 days.

Please let us know if we can help you with that.

Thank You,
Dawn Maxwell
TEquipment.NET
An Interworld Highway, LLC Company
205 Westwood Ave
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Phone: 1 (877) 571-7901 | 1 (732) 222-7077
Fax: 1 (732) 222-7088

That 30 days is not warranty period, its the "RETURN" period.

If you send back the oscilloscope in whole, "AND" paid in advance the shipping back fee, they will happily to replace with the new one for you.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2018, 08:45:39 pm »
I at no time request sending the pcb at no cost,
- already paid the central PCB.
- I took care of shipping costs.

How much did you pay ?

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2018, 08:51:17 pm »
If you send back the oscilloscope in whole, "AND" paid in advance the shipping back fee, they will happily to replace with the new one for you.

Maybe - have Tequipment ever said so?
I don't think they would have to do that, since the scope is meeting all its specifications.
Remember that 30 minutes warm-up time are specified in the user manual.

It is quite possible that Tequipment would still replace the scope (if they don't have to swallow the shipping costs). But I do not think they would be legally obliged to do so; it would be goodwill.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2018, 09:00:50 pm »

I don't think they would have to do that, since the scope is meeting all its specifications.

It is quite possible that Tequipment would still replace the scope (if they don't have to swallow the shipping costs). But I do not think they would be legally obliged to do so; it would be goodwill.

Of course, provided its truly broken.

The big problem is, don't know anyone aware, may be its just me, until this 134th reply, we still can not get a clear and definite picture of what is the problem "actually" ?  As all replies are so confusing with mixed bags of unclear direction and sometimes mixed up with ranting. :-//

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2018, 09:09:08 pm »

The big problem is, don't know anyone aware, may be its just me, until this 134th reply, we still can not get a clear and definite picture of what is the problem "actually" ?  As all replies are so confusing with mixed bags of unclear direction and sometimes mixed up with ranting. :-//
This DSO does indeed have a problem, see his vid:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/rigol-ds1054z-109465/msg1512256/#msg1512256
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2018, 09:13:19 pm »

Read here, your own quote ...

..... this is the last mail from TEQUIPMENT, that I received.

Emilio,

I have found your order No. A339740 in our system.

Unfortunately, we do not offer the central plate of the scope separately as a replacement part.

We can help you with the purchase of a new scope. This is also past the return period of 30 days.

Please let us know if we can help you with that.

Thank You,
Dawn Maxwell
TEquipment.NET
An Interworld Highway, LLC Company
205 Westwood Ave
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Phone: 1 (877) 571-7901 | 1 (732) 222-7077
Fax: 1 (732) 222-7088

That 30 days is not warranty period, its the "RETURN" period.

When I got in touch they did not talk about changing equipment, they told me to analyze the problem, so I sent the oscilloscope two things can happen
1- they tell me they can not replace it with X reasons.
2 - I happen to have a coma I read that it usually happens that they send another and has another flaw

please bravo, instead of looking for a needle in a haystack, stand on the client's side and how things complicate. and see what it says to help me with the purchase of other equipment and I read wrong.

in spanish
cuando yo me puse en contacto no hablaron de cambio de equipo, me hablaron de analizar el problema, asi que envio el osciloscopio pueden ocurrir dos cosas
1- que me digan que no me lo pueden reemplazar por X motivos.
2- que me suceda coma he leido que suele pasar que envian otro y tiene otra falla

por favor bravoV, en ves de estar buscando una aguja en un pajar, ponete del lado del cliente y como complican las cosas. y fijate que dice que me ayudaran con la compra de otro equipo y yo leo mal.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:24 pm »

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/rigol-ds1054z-109465/msg1512256/#msg1512256

thank you for watching the video, that same rigol and tequipment have them and I sent them by mail and today I sent them this link for case they have not received the maiol for being very heavy.

and enough to defend TEQUIPMENT AND RIGOL, are people who only trade, or I am the first to happen that instead of solving a problem we complicate it more, until we feel guilty of having bothered them.

in spanish

gracias por ver el video, ese mismo lo tienen rigol y tequipment ya que les envie por mail y hoy les hice llegar este link  por caso que no hayan recibido el maiol por ser muy pesado.

y basta de defender a TEQUIPMENT Y RIGOL, es gente que solo comercian, o soy el primero que le sucede que en vez que no solucionen un problema nos la complican mas, hasta que nos sentimos culpales de haberlos molestados.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2018, 09:26:22 pm »

Ah, having watched the video, now I see the problem:
The scope is meant to be operated horizontally! Placing it upright, on its side, may block the air intake!
 :P

Seriously though: No doubt, the scope shows a significantly stronger drift of the probe compensation than what is typical in the DS1000Z series (or other scopes). What I meant was that it still meets all specified properties. Hence, Rigol or their dealers are probably not obliged to accept a warranty return, but may well do so under goodwill.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2018, 09:34:33 pm »

The scope is meant to be operated horizontally! Placing it upright, on its side, may block the air intake!

Seriously though: No doubt, the scope shows a significantly stronger drift of the probe compensation than what is typical in the DS1000Z series (or other scopes). What I meant was that it still meets all specified properties. Hence, Rigol or their dealers are probably not obliged to accept a warranty return, but may well do so under goodwill.

Good will, do not make me laugh, it's the least I have, I've seen in the post that you found me with the deployment of a welding station, I like to get the images to whoever buys it, at the time I got an email with the replenishment, that's good will. You have to bother about this issue published on eevblog, no sir, they are busy selling, not in trouble, they have not looked and the emails with images and videos that they send to both.

in spanish
Buena voluntad, no me hagas reir, es lo que menos tienen, yo comente enun post que tuve problema con el display de una estacion de soldadura, les hize llegar las imagenes a quien se la compre, al tiempo me llego un correo con el reepleza, eso es buena voluntad. Usted cree que que tanto RIGOL o Tequipment se van a molestar en ver este tema publicado en eevblog, no señor, estan ocupados en vender no en solucionar, no habran mirado ni los mail con imagenes y video que le envie a ambos.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:55:05 am by Adrian_Arg. »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2018, 09:36:43 pm »

When I got in touch they did not talk about changing equipment, they told me to analyze the problem, so I sent the oscilloscope two things can happen
2 - I happen to have a coma I read that it usually happens that they send another and has another flaw

and enough to defend TEQUIPMENT AND RIGOL, are people who only trade, or I am the first to happen that instead of solving a problem we complicate it more, until we feel guilty of having bothered them.

in spanish

gracias por ver el video, ese mismo lo tienen rigol y tequipment ya que les envie por mail y hoy les hice llegar este link  por caso que no hayan recibido el maiol por ser muy pesado.

y basta de defender a TEQUIPMENT Y RIGOL, es gente que solo comercian, o soy el primero que le sucede que en vez que no solucionen un problema nos la complican mas, hasta que nos sentimos culpales de haberlos molestados.
Then you must provide better analysis of the problem.
You need show how this problem is not only with the probe Cal output and also is with other 'fast' square wave inputs of other amplitudes. You need to get access to other wave sources and do videos of them too.

1KHz is fine but at lower and higher amplitudes to fully/properly demonstrate there is a problem with the DSO.

Looking ahead, IF Rigol or TE acknowledge there is a problem, either of them can organize a replacement mainboard IF they are confident you can replace it without damaging the DSO or the new mainboard. (Static damage)
If they are not satisfied you can do the replacement then the DSO must be given to their/your local distributor for authorized repair center replacement of the mainboard and so keep the warranty.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2018, 09:50:31 pm »

in spanish

Then you must provide better analysis of the problem.
You need show how this problem is not only with the probe Cal output and also is with other 'fast' square wave inputs of other amplitudes. You need to get access to other wave sources and do videos of them too.

1KHz is fine but at lower and higher amplitudes to fully/properly demonstrate there is a problem with the DSO.

Looking ahead, IF Rigol or TE acknowledge there is a problem, either of them can organize a replacement mainboard IF they are confident you can replace it without damaging the DSO or the new mainboard. (Static damage)
If they are not satisfied you can do the replacement then the DSO must be given to their/your local distributor for authorized repair center replacement of the mainboard and so keep the warranty.

What you ask is a joke, no, it's like a patient comes to a hospital and tells a doctor everything that hurts, and what is the problem of the disease and how to cure it.

send images, send video, explain how I could, since I am not a tenian or engineer to have the right words, I have a very poor English, from April 3, 2018 to only four days of having it in my possession, until 26 April try to show at least interest in the problem, just in case you do not want a barbecue, and the only thing that responds is, contact RIGOL Tel: + 86-512-66706688 ext.11071 and the Chinese answer me to get in touch with Tequipment that they sold me the oscilloscope, that they saw me as a fool who passed the problem. Please, let's talk seriously, if the recipients are technicians, they will realize that it really is a problem, the equipment is not valvular, so you have to wait to use it.

of these I have several received
ej_vasko@rigol.com
Hello,

I have forwarded your e-mail to our technical support staff and they will contact you shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks,
E.J. Vasko
RIGOL Tech. Shipping Dept.

in espanish

eso que pedis es un chiste, no, es como que un paciente llege a un hospital y le diga a medico todo lo que le duele, y cual es el problema de la dolencia y como curarla.

envie imagenes, envie video, explique como pude, ya que no soy un tenico ni ingeniero para tener las palabras adecuadas, tengo un ingles muy pobre, desde el 3 de abril de 2018 a solo cuatro dias de tenerlo en mi poder, hasta el 26 de abril trate de que por lo menos mostraran interes en el problema, por las dudas no sera que desean tambien una parrillada de agasajo, y lo unico que responden es, pongase en contacto con RIGOL  Tel:+86-512-66706688 ext.11071   y los chinos me contestan que me ponga en contacto con Tequipment que ellos me vendieron el osciloscopio, que me vieron cara de tonto que se pasan el problema. Por favor hablemos en serio, si los que reciben son tecnicos, se daran cuenta de que realmente es un problema, el equipo no es valvular para que haya que esperar para usarlo.

de estos tengo varios recibido
ej_vasko@rigol.com
Hello,

I have forwarded your e-mail to our technical support staff and they will contact you shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks,
E.J. Vasko
RIGOL Tech. Shipping Dept.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2018, 09:59:25 pm »
My comments are no joke, they are part of proper diagnosis of the issue.
If this problem is rare the Rigol technicians may not have seen it before and therefore your distance from them is the problem that requires good basic analysis to help them to offer you a solution.

Great it seems that you are getting some recognition from Rigol and I hope they can offer a solution for you.
Wishing you a speedy solution.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2018, 10:03:36 pm »
My comments are no joke, they are part of proper diagnosis of the issue.
If this problem is rare the Rigol technicians may not have seen it before and therefore your distance from them is the problem that requires good basic analysis to help them to offer you a solution.

Great it seems that you are getting some recognition from Rigol and I hope they can offer a solution for you.
Wishing you a speedy solution.  :)

Wishing you a speedy solution. :)

That email is from the first days of April, so I commented that they always send the same mail, they never really cared about the team's problem, I apologize if I expressed myself badly.

in spanish

ese mail es del los primeros dias de abril, por eso comento que siempre mandan el mismo mail, nunca se interesaron realmente por el problema del equipo, disculpame si me exprese mal.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2018, 10:50:24 pm »

Buena voluntad, no me hagas reir, es lo que menos tienen, me has visto en el poste que me encontraste con el despliegue de una estacion de soldadura, me gustas llegar las imágenes a quien se la compre, al tiempo me llego un correo con el reepleza , eso es buena voluntad. Usted tiene que molestar en este tema publicado en eevblog, no señor, están ocupados en vender no en problemas, no tienen mirado ni los correos electrónicos con imágenes y video que le envían a ambos.

in spanish
Buena voluntad, no me hagas reir, es lo que menos tienen, yo comente enun post que tuve problema con el display de una estacion de soldadura, les hize llegar las imagenes a quien se la compre, al tiempo me llego un correo con el reepleza, eso es buena voluntad. Usted cree que que tanto RIGOL o Tequipment se van a molestar en ver este tema publicado en eevblog, no señor, estan ocupados en vender no en solucionar, no habran mirado ni los mail con imagenes y video que le envie a ambos.
Adrian, your English is getting worse... it looks a lot like Spanish  ;)

Offline mstck

• Contributor
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2018, 01:58:08 am »
Hi Adrian

I just stumbled on this thread and thought I would let you know that I experienced this identical problem with the Rigol I purchased  from Tequipment  in September last year.  I even  sought advice from the members in this forum.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ds1054z-noob-question/msg1295238/#msg1295238

I finally resolved to allow the scope to warm up for a few minutes before using it (which they say is good practice).  I recognize that this is not necessarily an acceptable solution to the problem but it was the best I could do at the time.  I really wanted the other members to know that at least one other person has experienced this problem.

A month or so ago I turned on the scope to use it and lo and behold, the problem had vanished. The probe compensation had not changed.  I have done nothing  to the scope to address the problem since I did no know where to start.  I just turned it on a few moments ago, and it's still functioning as it should, no change in compensation  setting after an extended period being off.
Maybe we got units from the same batch and your problem will disappear after a while.  I hope so.

The following users thanked this post: Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2018, 02:26:58 am »
Hi Adrian

I just stumbled on this thread and thought I would let you know that I experienced this identical problem with the Rigol I purchased  from Tequipment  in September last year.  I even  sought advice from the members in this forum.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ds1054z-noob-question/msg1295238/#msg1295238

I finally resolved to allow the scope to warm up for a few minutes before using it (which they say is good practice).  I recognize that this is not necessarily an acceptable solution to the problem but it was the best I could do at the time.  I really wanted the other members to know that at least one other person has experienced this problem.

A month or so ago I turned on the scope to use it and lo and behold, the problem had vanished. The probe compensation had not changed.  I have done nothing  to the scope to address the problem since I did no know where to start.  I just turned it on a few moments ago, and it's still functioning as it should, no change in compensation  setting after an extended period being off.
Maybe we got units from the same batch and your problem will disappear after a while.  I hope so.

Thanks for your input :-+ it may be that I have the same luck. It will be that these Chinese fix it by wifi :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2018, 03:03:16 am »

Saying the DSO is within specifications is a cheap cop out. The thing is obviously faulty and there's no telling whether more problems will surface. Of course, when those do appear they won't take responsibility.

It seems Tequipment isn't a company you want to be dealing with.

Online iMo

• Super Contributor
  • It's important to try new things..
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2018, 05:44:11 am »
I just turned it on a few moments ago, and it's still functioning as it should, no change in compensation  setting after an extended period being off.
The bimetallic relay (switching the compensation capacitors on/off) has broken in your box   :P

@Adrian: does the compensation improves (within those 10minutes) abruptly, or it is a continual process?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:53:44 am by imo »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2018, 10:54:41 am »
I just turned it on a few moments ago, and it's still functioning as it should, no change in compensation  setting after an extended period being off.
The bimetallic relay (switching the compensation capacitors on/off) has broken in your box   :P

@Adrian: does the compensation improves (within those 10minutes) abruptly, or it is a continual process?

Hello Imo, if you see the video you will realize that it is progressive, and is slowly accommodating.

in spanish
Hola Imo, si ves el video te vas a dar cuenta que es progresivo,  e va acomodando lentamente.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf