Author Topic: EEVblog #1248 - INSANE A 0.02% Process Meter for $9? WTF  (Read 116295 times)

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
Re: EEVblog #1248 - INSANE A 0.02% Process Meter for $9? WTF
« Reply #350 on: October 16, 2019, 09:29:14 am »
On its way (it seems)...
Not clear to me what does "Clearance Constraint" means ?
Possible explanation: customs officer do not believe declared 9$ price because webpage say ~200$ :D You may be asked to provide payment documents. Just educated guess.
Other explanation: customs officer found it was full of rocks.
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #351 on: October 16, 2019, 09:59:41 am »
On its way (it seems)...
Mine is also showing Clearance Constraint on Ali.

Try searching with https://m.17track.net/en. I get "UK, is in the process of declaring, please contact the customs broker for details, tel:"

Offline member_xyz

• Contributor
« Reply #352 on: October 16, 2019, 10:23:39 am »

After all the saga with DHgate and yasari seller, package shipment is making progress.
Question remains, what's in the package?

16 Oct 2019

04:01
China Post
Planned handed over to airline , Planed flight number TRUCK-GA857-714, Planed departure time 23:30

14 Oct 2019

05:29
China Post
Departed Shenzhen GuoJiDaZongYouJianChuLi ZhongXin , Next stop Shenzhen international

14 Oct 2019

00:38
China Post
Shenzhen Shenzhen GuoJiDaZongYouJianChuLiZhongXin received , The postman :WBLuLiangLiang

Shenzhen

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #353 on: October 16, 2019, 10:33:00 am »
On its way (it seems)...
Don't get your hopes up, as long as it has not departed the country of origin the package might be a virtual number tossed around.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #354 on: October 16, 2019, 12:04:34 pm »
Parcel Status: Shipment cancelled by seller
Well it was too good to be true.

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #355 on: October 16, 2019, 01:18:11 pm »
My order was shipped yesterday. Ordered from "My Cozy Life Store" on September 26 (before the video). If something show up i'm going to be very surprise :)

Well it's not going to make it  :-\

I also ended up getting a message from the seller. I will probably take the refund.

Just getting better and better  :-DD

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #356 on: October 16, 2019, 01:27:24 pm »
Decided to wait it out and then file a complain on aliexpress. In the meanwhile I recommended the seller to try to cancel the transaction on aliexpress.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:31:39 pm by Kosmic »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #357 on: October 16, 2019, 01:34:57 pm »
Whatever was sent, the package is at the same stage as others: Customs clearance process. Ordered from My Cozy Life Store in Sept 26th, shipped in Oct 5th.

Funny how the inner details were stripped from 17track after the customs step.

Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #358 on: October 16, 2019, 01:37:25 pm »
Maybe also send a link to this thread to AliExpress customer protection department? If they take their job serious, this should result in some real trouble for several stores listed there.

Considering the now raised prices for the apparently "reappeared" stock: Since virtually all the instruments shipped seem to be flawed in some way and require maintenance, and may or may not be repairable, the previous price reflected their actual value. If someone really spends the money the stores are asking now, he will be pretty much disappointed of what he receives. Meaning MORE TROUBLE for the stores...  :P

The following users thanked this post: Xenoamor

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #359 on: October 16, 2019, 02:32:31 pm »
Maybe also send a link to this thread to AliExpress customer protection department? If they take their job serious, this should result in some real trouble for several stores listed there.

Considering the now raised prices for the apparently "reappeared" stock: Since virtually all the instruments shipped seem to be flawed in some way and require maintenance, and may or may not be repairable, the previous price reflected their actual value. If someone really spends the money the stores are asking now, he will be pretty much disappointed of what he receives. Meaning MORE TROUBLE for the stores...  :P

Yep, they might find out they picked the wrong crowd to mess with ;)
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline maxwell3e10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #360 on: October 16, 2019, 03:11:05 pm »
I also ordered one from My Cozy Life Store on Sept 26th. Something was shipped on Oct 12th (within a day of the processing time deadline) and is currently making its way through the postal system.

I'd like to comment though on two human aspects of this saga:

Everyone loves a good bargain. It may literally be a steal if the origin of these meters is some waste disposal site.  I checked the status of this order more than any other, even much more valuable. It's like a Black Friday crowd at Walmart (for Americans).

I feel somewhat bad for the sellers. We are all sitting here with plenty of time and disposable income on our hands. They are trying to make a living shipping 100 packages a day for $1 a box. So I think if one doesn't get this unreasonably good deal, there is no reason to complain.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:12:50 pm by maxwell3e10 »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #361 on: October 16, 2019, 03:17:16 pm »
I feel somewhat bad for the sellers. We are all sitting here with plenty of time and disposable income on our hands. They are trying to make a living shipping 100 packages a day for $1 a box. So I think if one doesn't get this unreasonably good deal, there is no reason to complain.

The fact that they don't want to cancel the transaction and provided false tracking information is the reason why I’m going to complain. They should have cancelled the order when they realized they were not in measure to provide the product.

The following users thanked this post: TurboTom, sokoloff

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #362 on: October 16, 2019, 06:20:08 pm »
Exactly, honesty and transparancy will be rewarded, false information (false shipping and tracking info) without sending anything, more than two weeks of stalling and then cancelling the shipment so no-one can complain is at least intentional misleading customers, something aliexpress will not take lightly. It damages the ali express reputation because you can't trust the provided information.

The following users thanked this post: TurboTom, ogden, Kosmic

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2019, 06:21:09 pm »
I would have accepted as well if they were honest and told that they made a mistake with the expected shipping expenses since the parcels / bags were larger than anticipated and thus cannot provide the free shipping service. But providing a tracking number, waiting two weeks, then cancelling the shipment with a fake story and expecting the seller to cancel the order and post a good feedback for the "transaction" -- that won't happen with me.  :--

P.S. @Kjelt beat me on this...  ;)

The following users thanked this post: ogden, Kosmic

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2019, 07:51:26 pm »
Congratz  :clap:

Which sellers (shop names) are they ? And date of purchase ?

House of happiness Store - Sep 26 17:00
My Cozy Life Store - Sep 26 15:00

I am seeing a pattern here with a few sellers
they offered it cheap as others...and sold some.
They discovered it was worth more then they were selling it for and up the price on their store.
tried to get as many people to cancel the existing orders, except some other item in exchange so they can sell more at a higher price, or even in once case try to get them to pay more.

OK sure, but look at my cozy life store, literally 2 in stock, its not like they hoarded a ton of meters. Not to mention its not even them that has the item on hand, its the warehouse, and they ran out long before they were able to ship all of the orders. Simple as that.

Some output measurements after cleaning:
Code: [Select]
Vout set - Vout actual
10   9.999V
9    8.998
5    4.994
1    0.991

mA set -  mA actual
0       1.9uA
5u      7.5uA
50u     52.8uA
500u    503uA
10m     9.997mA

mV set - mV actual
0    -0.275mV
1     0.707mV
10    9.742mV
100   100.072mV

Power consumption: 0.13W, backlight on 0.24W (all ranges/all settings/USB on/off doesnt matter).
Backlight: shuts off automatically, so on the Vout setting it cannot be turned back on and you have to switch back to another setting.
Diode test: 1.65V output
Cap test: ~0.86V
Max 10V scale reading: 10.999V, hard clamps the input at 11.9V (so careful with this one)
24V output: 27mA current into short

The fact that they don't want to cancel the transaction and provided false tracking information is the reason why I’m going to complain. They should have cancelled the order when they realized they were not in measure to provide the product.

I realize they misrepresented the tracking number as being legit, there is a chance it was a pre-assigned number for the order, and definitely no actual attempt was made to steal money.
Anyway, if you are interested in accepting their refund as they requested, I would offer to send you my second meter for $30 CAD (shipped with lots of extras if you want).
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #365 on: October 16, 2019, 08:02:44 pm »
Although I agree with the sentiment of solidarity, I also agree with others going the extra mile to make the malpractices listened by the encompassing company that puts these stores in the public eye.

Disposable income or not, I can't help but wonder if a local store or shop owner would be granted a similar sense of understanding if they have done such misconduct.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #366 on: October 16, 2019, 09:23:30 pm »

I bought mine from My Cozy Life Store on 26th 05:40
Got a tracking number on 28th 22:20
Had the Shipment cancelled 2019-10-14 22:20:37
Next day they relist the exact same meter for $155

So it seems that I bought mine before you did, but I only had news from the store this monday, after I asked them if they actually had shipped the meter or not.
They told me that is was lost (there's an emoticon "showing the bird" missing in the forum. I would have used it here)

There's something deeply wrong with this behaviour, that's not unique with this store

A recent example that happened to me with "Cncncool Gabrielle Store"
Waiting for pickup 2019-08-08 14:38:58 [GMT+8]
Shipment cancelled 2019-08-21 14:38:46

2 weeks later, they cancelled the shipping with no explanation. I got refunded and left negative feedback for the seller.

In 1 year dealing with Aliexpress, the 11 deals I made, I'd say 1/3 ended with something went wrong, and that's mainly because most of my deals there were with "BASEUS OfficialFlagship Store", that never let me down.

I'm registered in eBay since Feb.2005 with over 1500 votes, and in all this years I had few more things went wrong that I have in Aliexpress with 11 deals in 1 year.
I think I'll stick only for "BASEUS OfficialFlagship Store" in Aliexpress. It's a lottery there.  |O

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #367 on: October 16, 2019, 09:55:11 pm »
...In 1 year dealing with Aliexpress, the 11 deals I made, I'd say 1/3 ended with something went wrong...
I was wondering if the Ali sellers are allocating stock on the basis of a buyers existing rep? Is there some kind of Chinese "Social Credit" score involved that sellers can see?
I have been using AliExpress since 2012 and have only had a couple of disputes, none on the big ticket items, just the trivial low value stuff and all have been resolved.
After Dave's tip I got in this farce early but not as early as others who have since been cancelled or fobbed off.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #368 on: October 16, 2019, 11:51:39 pm »
My two units from Manbo life Store are still showing as awaiting shipment.  I just sent the message I mentioned earlier: "I've waited for the holiday to end plus your normal shipping time and the items have not yet been shipped.  I trust you will attend to this matter soon as I am very keen to get these units."

There is 1 day 10 hours left on the processing time.

I will be curious as to what response I will get, if any.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2019, 11:54:59 pm »
My two units from Manbo life Store are still showing as awaiting shipment.  I just sent the message I mentioned earlier: "I've waited for the holiday to end plus your normal shipping time and the items have not yet been shipped.  I trust you will attend to this matter soon as I am very keen to get these units."

There is 1 day 10 hours left on the processing time.

I will be curious as to what response I will get, if any.

Mine was doing that too, in the end i canceled the order and bought something else that i wanted more.
But i would be interested to know if their units do actually ship.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #370 on: October 17, 2019, 05:04:57 am »
Quick lipo mod, one cell fits in the battery compartment and one cell below the LCD. Barrel plug to charge.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #371 on: October 17, 2019, 05:30:24 am »

Thanks, I guess timing was really critical, both mine from House of happiness Store bought on Sep 27th, although the current status is shipped, but still no tracking, chances of shipment failing still possible like the ship got pirated in the middle of the sea.  ::)

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #372 on: October 17, 2019, 06:41:31 am »
But i would be interested to know if their units do actually ship.

The logistics company will lose the parcel.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline JackJones

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #373 on: October 17, 2019, 06:47:25 am »
I tried to cancel my order from Manbo life store, and I chose the reason "products out of stock". They refused to cancel and told me to change the reason. Now they show 1 meter in stock.  :palm:

I think what happened is that they put one back in stock (I mean marked it at one in stock) so that I couldn't cancel with the reason "products out of stock" anymore.

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2019, 06:51:02 am »
They refused to cancel and told me to change the reason. Now they show 1 meter in stock.

Quick, buy it!  :box:
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

The following users thanked this post: Xenoamor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf