Author Topic: EEVblog #1248 - INSANE A 0.02% Process Meter for $9? WTF  (Read 116009 times)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: EEVblog #1248 - INSANE A 0.02% Process Meter for $9? WTF
« Reply #375 on: October 17, 2019, 07:04:14 am »
Still waiting on dheadGate's time for lodging a claim against the seller for false tracking number.

So while waiting for this gamble to pay off or not I upped the anti and brought a Fluke 725 with a suspect display. Which will be the better gamble time will tell  :-//

Things being well cleaning and reseating the zebra strips will sort it if not time to hold out an arm or sell a kidney and see how much of it Fluke needs for payment for a new LCD.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2019, 07:12:03 am »
Apparently the "Cozy Life" sent me a message on the 12th. I wonder how I could have missed it, I was checking for messages, like, every other minute over the last few days :-D

Dear customer,
Sorry. The item is off shelf now and we can not send it to you. In order not to delay your time, how about change another item? Or if you do not want other items, could you please choose the "other reason" to cancel the order?
Hope your understanding!
Best regards.

This is while the shop's inventory shows two items in stock :-)

My reply was that "out of stock" is obviously not true and that I expect shipment of my purchase soon ;)
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2019, 08:13:52 am »

"Hello Freind again,

we so solly to report shipment is lose again because much fight happen in ports and many ship is sunk or missings.

Godzilla and Kong have big argue, we cannot think about anything but run for life in tunnels and hope store is still there after,

and cross finger looters and pirates not rob all metres

we update you asap but meantime why you no consider refund or orange color metre with bigest display so no wait more?

Much solly again for this bad luck and best regrads from BS Team at Brightest Star Electronic

and *plz* sirs or ladies no forgets -Like- us on Facebook  :) "

The following users thanked this post: Fraser, Xenoamor, Mortymore, InductorbackEMF

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2019, 08:40:24 am »
Mine both tracking appear to be false, other goods ordered from other suppliers in the same day. both are already in my country Duane and tracking worked a few days after the postage.

Both My Cozy Life Store and  House of happiness Tracking still stuck without any updated. Store simple does not reply to any message.

Posting false tracking number is unacceptable, I will do my best to f...  those 2 stores, At the right time I will make a complaint and a zero star for sure.  I'm not afraid of the money that is peanuts and will be back, It's all about the dodgy attitude

The following users thanked this post: Mortymore

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2019, 08:50:59 am »
Thanks, I guess timing was really critical, both mine from House of happiness Store bought on Sep 27th, although the current status is shipped, but still no tracking, chances of shipment failing still possible
Welcome to the House of Unhappy Customers store,
please buy anything you see we will not ship it anyway, we will tell you we shipped it but we don't ship it, that is our customer policy.

The following users thanked this post: sotos, Xenoamor

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #380 on: October 17, 2019, 08:56:28 am »
I just discovered one tracking site that actually has a little more info at least shows destination

https://global.cainiao.com/

The following users thanked this post: rodpp

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #381 on: October 17, 2019, 09:30:06 am »
I just discovered one tracking site that actually has a little more info at least shows destination

17track does the same: https://www.17track.net
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #382 on: October 17, 2019, 04:50:50 pm »
It's getting close to 3 weeks and my 2 calibrators haven't left China yet. At this rate I might get them next summer, unless pirates get them first.  8)

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #383 on: October 18, 2019, 12:18:09 am »
It's getting close to 3 weeks and my 2 calibrators haven't left China yet. At this rate I might get them next summer, unless pirates get them first.  8)

Try a different tracker. Mine says the same thing, but 17track shows the arrivals and departures are China, Hong Kong and Australia.

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #384 on: October 18, 2019, 03:55:18 am »
17track shows the same information that my items have not departed from its country of origin.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #385 on: October 18, 2019, 04:10:43 am »
I tried to cancel my order from Manbo life store, and I chose the reason "products out of stock". They refused to cancel and told me to change the reason. Now they show 1 meter in stock.  :palm:
I just queried Manbo about my meter meter and they replied with the sad story about how logistics had lost my meter. I did look to see whether their store had anything else I wanted and couldn't find a single thing. They want to refund via PayPal, and I refused. They are trying to avoid AliExpress seeing a huge number of fake shipping/fake lost item stories.

I am lucky - I ordered 4 meters and will get 3, so I do not really need the Manbo one anyway. The Manbo one was ordered on the 28th when just about all the other stores had run out of stock, so I never had much hope, since I am sure they are all the same warehouse. It wasn't considerate of Dave to cause this mayhem just as they are all getting ready for their week long holiday.  :)

Offline Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #386 on: October 18, 2019, 07:55:23 am »

I am lucky - I ordered 4 meters and will get 3...

Since they are listed for at least $150 now, and there is all this fuss about them, I'd say flip them for $100 each.

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #387 on: October 18, 2019, 08:30:32 am »
I've still got 2days left on the 10 day extension and still awaiting shipment. I've pretty well given up on ever receiving them(*). But my question is, is there any pros/cons to just cancelling the order? Mainly in respect of getting the refund from Aliexpress.

Since I haven't been BS'd I don't habour grudges against the seller Manbo Life store.

(*) TBH my initial enthusiasm for a bargain has waned considerably inview of some comments seen. Notwithstanding Dave's review.

My order has progressed to Shipped with only  4 hours to spare from the 10 day extension. Not overly optimistic but only 30 - 59 days to wait. Definitely not holding my breath.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #388 on: October 18, 2019, 08:57:46 am »

I am lucky - I ordered 4 meters and will get 3...

Since they are listed for at least $150 now, and there is all this fuss about them, I'd say flip them for $100 each.
Are they selling any at that price? The maximum I could imagine going myself for an unbranded meter like this is $50 if I was desperate. 

One of the main reasons I went for 4 meters was to just have multiple identical meters with a very well isolated Serial/USB port.

It looks like the accuracy of the 7721 multimeter IC reference (VR2) and the AC volts (VR1) can be tweaked. The potentiometer down near the current shunt probably tweaks the 10A range. So I probably could get pretty close to a 0.01% accuracy in the short term. The voltage and current source needs more investigation. I am not sure why it is not more linear - can it be improved ? I am not sure how the calibration features are calibrated, but that may be done in the CPU. Probably can find a way to add some external pots to allow +/- 0.1% adjustment

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #389 on: October 18, 2019, 09:15:12 am »
Dear seller,

I am disappointed that you are not honest to me, in fact I know that my parcel never left your office.
So I will not accept a refund until I can leave a negative feedback for your store.
I could change my mind if you send me my order or give me an honest reason why you are not sending me my items that I bought and payed for.

Response from Manbo:

Dear friend,
we want to resend,but we have no stock now
would you mind choose other item with similar price in our store?
or do you have other solution ?
we try our best to solve the problem
best regards

So not going anywhere. I'll just wait a few more days and then open a dispute about fake tracking numbers.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2019, 11:17:37 am »
I filed a dispute today however since the seller used Aliexpress shipping , Aliexpress will deal with it.
See how this is followed up.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2019, 12:45:48 pm »
Ah!  Status has changed to "Awaiting delivery" ... but ...

My message yesterday:
I've waited for the holiday to end plus your normal shipping time and the items have not yet been shipped.  I trust you will attend to this matter soon as I am very keen to get these units.

Their response today:
Dear friend,
Sorry, we just got the information from the warehouse when packing the parcels
there is some quality problems for this batch of this item, can not be shipped out .
We tried our best to correct it , but still can't fix it totally .
So we suggest to refund to you in case you have to wait too long
How about you cancel the order first?
And you can place the new order later if we figure the problems out.
Once again, we send our sincere apology and hope to hear from you soon.
if you want to cancel the order, could you choose the reason 1 or 2
for example : "buyer does not want to buy"or "other reason" for faster refund
There is not effect on you to choose which reason
Best regards

My response just now:
I saw a review of this unit which showed some quality issues.  It was because of these that the price seemed appropriate and since I was happy to deal with the quality issues, I purchased these units.  As such, I would ask that you get your warehouse to ship the two units I purchased as soon as you can.

I wonder what will be next?

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2019, 01:06:22 pm »
Apparently the "Cozy Life" sent me a message on the 12th. I wonder how I could have missed it, I was checking for messages, like, every other minute over the last few days :-D

Dear customer,
Sorry. The item is off shelf now and we can not send it to you. In order not to delay your time, how about change another item? Or if you do not want other items, could you please choose the "other reason" to cancel the order?
Hope your understanding!
Best regards.

My reply was that "out of stock" is obviously not true and that I expect shipment of my purchase soon ;)

Ahaha :) Now the item shows as shipped! I'm pretty sure it will be stuck in customs or they will cancel the shipment in a bit :-)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #393 on: October 18, 2019, 01:59:02 pm »
Brumby, at least they don't seem to have lied to you.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
« Reply #394 on: October 18, 2019, 05:42:28 pm »

Dear customer,
Hope your understanding!
Best regards.

Ahaha :) Now the item shows as shipped! I'm pretty sure it will be stuck in customs or they will cancel the shipment in a bit :-)

Ah well. Noticed they chose EMS and not Aliexpress standard shipping. They're still trying to get out of it clean. I'm pretty sure they faked the shipment, as the shipping deadline was closing in and it's their only way of keeping Aliexpress out of it while they still have hope. The next deadline is "Delivery". I'll probably keep them simmering on small heat for a while now.

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #395 on: October 18, 2019, 08:39:19 pm »

Ah well. Noticed they chose EMS and not Aliexpress standard shipping. They're still trying to get out of it clean. I'm pretty sure they faked the shipment, as the shipping deadline was closing in and it's their only way of keeping Aliexpress out of it while they still have hope. The next deadline is "Delivery". I'll probably keep them simmering on small heat for a while now.
I have got two meters from Cozy Life and one was sent EMS. The other was sent by DPD. I have no idea what DPD is, but it is incredible - it only took one week to get delivered to a regional PO in Australia. Australia Post is lucky to take 4 days! Cozy Life definitely had real stock. If they say they shipped it by EMS, it is very possible you will get it.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2019, 07:00:49 am »
Well they finally thrown the towel, and starting telling bs,

It's quite easy to refund by the aliexpress system, why they want to use PayPal, after a 5 start positive, It's another dodgy behavior.

I will fight to help them learn to be honest, and work with honest behavior, not a dodgy seller creating lies, like quality problems, or lost in the parcel, things that do not happen without at least the tracking be running.

The fact they have the stock, they are greed, and they creating excuses, to try to sell at a higher price, The honest behaviour was ok, I made a mistake on price and the order was cancelled , here is your money back, Everthing prior to shipping.

The following users thanked this post: Xenoamor

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2019, 07:21:38 am »
I will fight to help them learn to be honest, and work with honest behavior, not a dodgy seller creating lies, like quality problems, or lost in the parcel, things that do not happen without at least the tracking be running.

I did fight a few eBay sellers. One seller offered 9,900 mAh 18650 accumulators, but measured capacity was only 400 mAh. Another seller offered even 12,000 mAh, at least measured capacity was 1,500 mAh. Got a full refund for both (the second one only after eBay solved the dispute, the seller wrote me that he didn't have to pay it back), and both sellers got a negative feedback from me, and the German seller will get a cease-and-desist-letter from Wettbewerbszentrale with fees.

One EEVblog member mentioned that Aliexpress is usually better than eBay for 18650 accumulators. But I'm not sure. Just search for "9900" on Aliexpress, and you will get many pages with the same crap battery. So if you need a 400 mAh accumulator for free, just buy them and then ask for a refund >:D

But meanwhile the multimeter is marked as delivered from both sellers on Aliexpress where I bought it. Hopefully it will be the right one.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2019, 08:31:24 am »

"Hello Freind again,

please beleive we try best efort to get metre to you but more things happen we can not help

first the problems we email before, how is this possible to happen?

now daughter is want get married for this sunday in big hurry, and not listen to reason from father and mummy
becaues she naughty things with one of the pirate during problems
and say he is not such bad person now and not steel and kill again in future if marry now and settles

so what can we do now but do this, otherwise daughter not work in store or website sales or deliver to shipping places
and please understand is be big shame in province and hard to marry, so better we put head down and let her marry pirate

he make it not easy, want to invite all pirate friends who ask for much rum and wisky at recespion 
and make us pay for hire suits and bus too. if we do this they say no one will have harm at party, so what can do?   

we solly to birden you with this but must understand is much bad luck for everyone this sale, not just buyer 

we update you asap after teusday when there plane go for honeemoon world tours

but meantime why you no consider refund or orange color metre with bigest display and specail cables with no oxygen,
so no wait more and start probe electic things instaed ?

Much solly again for this more bad luck

Yours sincerely,

Pinn Oh Kio

Team Leader

BS Team at Brightest Star Electronic

email: BSTL@BSE.com"

The following users thanked this post: Xenoamor

Offline sorenkir

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #399 on: October 19, 2019, 08:33:30 am »
I have got two meters from Cozy Life and one was sent EMS. The other was sent by DPD. I have no idea what DPD is, but it is incredible - it only took one week to get delivered to a regional PO in Australia. Australia Post is lucky to take 4 days! Cozy Life definitely had real stock. If they say they shipped it by EMS, it is very possible you will get it.

Mine is progressing on its way (My Cozy Life Store + EMS).
Michel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf