Author Topic: EEVblog #1248 - INSANE A 0.02% Process Meter for $9? WTF  (Read 114783 times)

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: EEVblog #1248 - INSANE A 0.02% Process Meter for $9? WTF
« Reply #400 on: October 19, 2019, 08:35:21 am »
Mine is also marked as delivered by all sellers But is a deliver that the track does not work or update, as usual, finally yesterday, they assume with excuses, Be ready for the same on your orders, The fact only very few people had the meter really shipped, I'm on an early bird on this, bought few minutes after the post ( not the video ).

sorenkir  appear to be ones of those who will receive the meter

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #401 on: October 19, 2019, 08:43:20 am »
Electro Detective,

This is a real eBay message I got from a seller pretending to ship from Sydney, Australia, but was really shipping from China. The package was posted in China on the day it was meant to be delivered by in Australia:

Dear friend,

Nice day, sorry to bother you, hope all the best to you.

Today, I want to tell you a story, a girl, was born in remote mountainous, every morning trained when high school, she looked at mountain and thought, what is the world outside the mountains, and later, she went to a ordinary university, study hard,day day up, wanted to find a good job, but the amount of Chinese graduates were huge, after graduated she only found a very low salary job which could only met the basic food, what’s more, she worked just like a robot , no fighting power, then she does as a customer service, and finally find a happy support, although just as a newcomer, but full of passion, although make mistakes, but meet customers and service customers are her greatest achievement.

This is my story, your affirmation and recognition is my greatest encouragement, although we have a lot of shortcomings, but make every effort to protect your right,we are full of young and energetic, I believe tomorrow will be better.

You know we are trying to be a good seller.The feedback is very important for us.your support and help will keep us moving forward and constantly improving our service.
i beg you give us more chance to service for you, hope you could understand.If you agree, we will send you a revise link just now.
Waiting for your soon news.
Sandy

I am still in counselling after I had to give them a negative rating. I don't know how I could be so cruel.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective, thinkfat

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #402 on: October 19, 2019, 08:47:51 am »
This is all BS,  She did wrong, you MUST show the world what she did, to help others getout of the trap, Don't  be "a good samaritan" to one that is smiling on you, Do what they deserve
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:55:02 am by ebclr »

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #403 on: October 19, 2019, 09:05:45 am »
Much solly again for this more bad luck

Yours sincerely,
Pinn Oh Kio
Team Leader

BS Team at Brightest Star Electronic

Their BS team leader composed bullshit for you 8)

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #404 on: October 19, 2019, 09:21:37 am »
Brumby, at least they don't seem to have lied to you.

It's cute that you think that.

Here's the next instalment...
Dear customer,
We are sorry for the trouble, understand your feeling,
however we have sent item back to suppliers
you can place the new order later if we figure the problems out.
we will refund via paypal
please give us your paypal account

thanks

My response:
If I order again in the future, will the price be the same?

The following users thanked this post: Fraser

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #405 on: October 19, 2019, 02:15:23 pm »
Aliexpress has closed the dispute and refunded me.
However the $ has decreased vs the euro so i got €0,57 less back  >:(
So they earned on this farce and I still can not give a bad feedback score to these fake sellers.
This really s*cks, I am going skip using aliexpress.

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #406 on: October 19, 2019, 02:30:24 pm »

Ahaha :) Now the item shows as shipped! I'm pretty sure it will be stuck in customs or they will cancel the shipment in a bit :-)

Ah well. Noticed they chose EMS and not Aliexpress standard shipping. They're still trying to get out of it clean. I'm pretty sure they faked the shipment, as the shipping deadline was closing in and it's their only way of keeping Aliexpress out of it while they still have hope. The next deadline is "Delivery". I'll probably keep them simmering on small heat for a while now.
I have got two meters from Cozy Life and one was sent EMS. The other was sent by DPD. I have no idea what DPD is, but it is incredible - it only took one week to get delivered to a regional PO in Australia. Australia Post is lucky to take 4 days! Cozy Life definitely had real stock. If they say they shipped it by EMS, it is very possible you will get it.

Nah, not kidding myself here. It's obvious they don't have stock. They faked the shipment to not raise eyebrows at Aliexpress. Had I known the game better, I'd not have extended the shipping deadline. This is likely what cost me the meter. But I'm going to play chicken with them for a while, it's just too entertaining to just let it slide.

Regarding DPD: might be "Deutscher Paket Dienst". But I'm curious why they would be active in Asia. Yay for German precision shipping ;)
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #407 on: October 19, 2019, 02:34:53 pm »
Woo-Hoo! My tracking has been updated. The items still haven't left China but it appears they are sitting on the dock waiting to be shipped (or grabbed by pirates). Until, and if I get a chance to open the package and actually see the items, I won't believe this is real.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 06:15:41 pm by ArthurDent »

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #408 on: October 19, 2019, 02:47:46 pm »
After I refused to take "alternate meter" from their store, Cozy Life is offering to refund whooping ~0.2$ more than I paid and insist ask me to give 5-star feedback. >:D >:D

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #409 on: October 19, 2019, 04:33:13 pm »
I am wondering what would be the way to allow me to give a negative feedback at Ali? My meter was marked as shipped, 'waiting for pickup' then for 2 weeks and then the shipment was cancelled by the seller. So what would be the best way to allow me to give a negative feedback?
Of course I may open a dispute now and surely will get my money back, but then no negative feedback will be possible.
Any idea?

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2019, 07:47:00 pm »
@Pinkus you can't unless you want to lie.
Then you state you received an package, give them zero stars then file a dispute.
Since they started the lying I think it is karma  >:D

The following users thanked this post: Pinkus

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #411 on: October 19, 2019, 11:07:44 pm »
Now that the dust is finally settling, and the writing is on the dunny door..

what would be a fair 'voluntary donation' amount for the unstocked sellers to offer disappointed (lied to) buyers,
for good feedback, neutral/meh feedback, or no sale/ faulty item/ danger recall/ security fail/ DIY concocted BS/  etc  ..?

@ too nice people: Hey, THEY started it, kept rolling with it, and apparently still are,
as well as member Kjelt reporting being out of pocket on the deal on top of the BS replies and string along  :horse:

plus what's stopping them from pulling a routine like this again in the future?   :-//

so...  :popcorn:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:07:17 pm by Electro Detective »

SantaClaw

« Reply #412 on: October 20, 2019, 09:06:36 pm »
Well, I ordered one of the 40$ ones on Sep. 28 via the  Pangpang Life Store on AliExpress, after a while, I noticed the processing time on aliexpress was about to expire, so I extended it by 14 days...

I sent them a message asking why it hadn't been sent after about 3 days... They never replied.. So I sort of expected that the order would just fizzle out into never being shipped and me getting my money back.. I sent them two more messages... No reply...

Today, they got back to me, after what, two, nearly three weeks? With a tracking number...

So apparently they are honoring the price.

I am exited to see what will arrive. Well, It will prolly arrive around mid November so maybe the excitement will fizzle away abit before then :P

I see by the tracking number: on the 9'th of october: "Logistics orders created (quick-selling platform)" I bet it will never ship... lol
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:13:21 pm by SantaClaw »

Online Mortymore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #413 on: October 21, 2019, 09:56:43 am »
By now they must be crazy because of me  >:D

They insist the relisted meter is not same, and I insist that they clarify were the differences are.

Last message from My Cozy Life Store:

Dear
sorry
the item do isn't the same
please have a check
we choose from different supply
Could you please confirm that you have the paypal account?If you are not convenience,
we can also refund to your friend's or your family's paypal account.
If register, please take any email address to the website: Https://www.paypal.com/to/webapps/mpp/home   
Or you can choose something else with the similar price ,then  we can send to you.
Thanks for your support and understanding in advance .
Nice day.

My answer:

"please have a check" I've checked and see no differences. That's why I asked you what they are. If the supplier is different that doesn't mean anything. A Fluke 87 is always a Fluke 87, no matter who sells it. Unless one of them is selling counterfeit meter. But that's not the case with you, is it? Just point me to technical differences between the meter I bought, and meter you are selling now.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #414 on: October 21, 2019, 11:04:24 am »
If you want to give what they deserve just open a dispute, That's is a unique way that they will get what they deserve. They will try everything to void this, Like  asking you to accept others goods, refund by PayPal ( they will cancel latter), The unique secure way is to open a dispute and have a refund by alliexpress, and also help the seller gets what he deserve

You need to open the dispute  before the time ends, otherwise, you can't

SantaClaw

« Reply #415 on: October 21, 2019, 11:35:51 am »
Right, I see the order has been updated for my 40$ one, it's now marked as "awaiting delivery" on AliExpress

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2019, 12:13:48 pm »
" I am wondering what would be the way to allow me to give a negative feedback at Ali? My meter was marked as shipped, 'waiting for pickup' then for 2 weeks and then the shipment was cancelled by the seller. So what would be the best way to allow me to give a negative feedback?
Of course I may open a dispute now and surely will get my money back, but then no negative feedback will be possible.
Any idea?"

Yes after the dispute is settled, you can do the feedback as usual

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #417 on: October 21, 2019, 06:14:52 pm »
Another update after post #408. My items are apparently moving again and they are marked as in transit after being under constraint. Maybe at the airport now but not necessarily on the plane yet, but on paper at least, closer to leaving China. At this point, what could possibly go wrong!  ???

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2019, 09:02:10 pm »
My Amazon meter is apparently moving via China post, hard to believe though.  :popcorn:

So they earned on this farce and I still can not give a bad feedback score to these fake sellers.

Did you pay in EUR or USD? They give you the choice, so if you paid in EUR and got less EUR back thats not cool, I would contact customer service.
If you paid in USD then that falls on you, and is inherent in currency conversion.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #419 on: October 21, 2019, 11:40:20 pm »
My question:
If I order again in the future, will the price be the same?
... still has not had a response.

Anyone want to take a guess if I will get one ... and what they may say?

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2019, 12:41:52 am »

That's pretty typical, refunds not including the transaction fee.
Paypal do that too. 
Still wrong, but expected.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2019, 12:47:09 am »
That's pretty typical, refunds not including the transaction fee.
Paypal do that too. 
Still wrong, but expected.

There is no transaction fee here. Even with paypal the buyer does not pay a fee upon refund (recently the seller has started to pay this).
As stated, its going to have some relation to currency conversions.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline ludzinc

• Supporter
    • My Misadventures In Engineering
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2019, 01:30:33 am »
Mine is showing as inbound, tracking even works with Australia post!

And it's delivered.  To Katherine.  In the Northern Territory.  While I live in Adelaide, South Australia...

Rang Aussie post, they believe it's a fake tracking number and I should ask for a refund....
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:47:06 am by ludzinc »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #423 on: October 22, 2019, 02:05:57 am »
Another update after post #408. My items are apparently moving again and they are marked as in transit after being under constraint. Maybe at the airport now but not necessarily on the plane yet, but on paper at least, closer to leaving China. At this point, what could possibly go wrong!  ???

I got the same status. The headline still says "Shipment ready for dispatch" while detailed tracking info says the package was delivered (not to me though).

I think the headline is correct and the tracking number is fake.

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2019, 04:43:34 am »
Here's another lie from My Cozy Life:

Dear buyer,
we are so sorry to tell you that we just got the information from the shipping company that your parcel was lost on the way .
we want to resend it for you ,but been told by warehouse the item just sold out .
In order to protect your right ,how about we refund to your paypal ?or would you like to choose other item you like in our store?
sorry for the trouble and waiting for your quickly reply,
nice day .
-katie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf