Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 346162 times)

Offline pupkinv

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2021, 12:52:36 pm »
It will be decent if you write your posts in the language the topic starts in
Будет вежливо, если вы будете писать сообщения языком топикстартера
Буде дуже ввічливо, якщо будете писати повідомлення мовою топікстартера

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2021, 12:28:52 pm »
 :clap:

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2021, 05:41:22 pm »
I've got one of these (DSO2D15) on order as my first scope since College. Hoping it arrives today. Been curious about what's inside, considering the claimed specs vs unusually lower price than the 5000P series this unit claims to replace. So far I've only found few internal pics on an aliexpress review. Looks like Hantek has saved quite a bit on the design by going with some really off-brand chips. I'm most curious about their choice for an ADC in this unit.

Looks like an Allwinner F1C200s with an FPGA marked Lemontree 2090 along with a few other mysteries in there.. Tried to track down any information about this "Lemontree" FPGA chip, but it seem to be new to Hantek with this DSO2 series. Only references I could find were Hantek's Register Product links on hantek.com going to a "lemontreex" site that looks to be a potential online shop from Hantek themselves. I'm curious if Hantek has created their own "lemontree 2090" FPGA or rebadged something else low cost to fill the role.

That Allwinner chip itself looks interesting to explore. Even considering its datasheet mentions native touchscreen and video out support within the chip itself. Not expecting much as an entry level bench scope, but its implied data-sheet specs are impressive for the class / features / cost. Looking forward to a closer look.

Here is that "LemonTree2090" FPGA image saved from that online review I found:

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2021, 06:16:17 am »
My new Hantek DSO2D15 arrived today after a few postal delays. Most issues I could find (so far) were greatly improved by applying the latest firmware update.

Of course its an entry level scope, but still offers far more than I could ever need at the moment. As long as I avoid pushing its maximum limits, it works exactly as expected for the price. It runs totally silent without any fans or heatsinks inside and only becomes slightly warm overall. Looks to be quite power efficient running off a simple 5V, +8V and -8V internal power supply. Most warmth seems to come from the power supply area. build quality looks pretty good with overall cost savings all kept within the reduced and simplified mainboard components.

Data acquisition engine looks quite unique, with Two big chips tightly interconnected together. The front ends feeds directly into the first large chip with all the numbers rubbed off. Only the last digit "3" remains. Two tiny caps sit directly across the input pins on the chip. everything links into the Lemontree 2090 that also controls the front panel inputs by the looks of it.

Can't beat the price for features considering the wavegen is also included, I'm more than happy to trade quite a bit of raw performance for all the same features, silence and efficiency at a such a lower price point, as I'm only using it for very basic troubleshooting. I could totally see this unit fully moddable to run from a 12v battery power, there is plenty of extra room for some nice big cells in there.

The following users thanked this post: pupkinv

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2021, 03:35:51 pm »
I'll break out the DSLR after work and try to get some good images. There are also a few small items on the underside of the board from what I can see.

U18 is a LMH6702MA with a National Semiconductor logo - (1.7-GHz Ultra-Low Distortion Wideband Op Amp)
U35 looks like potentially capture memory with its details scrubbed off.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 05:30:52 pm by Algoma »

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2021, 04:43:54 pm »
@Algoma, I am curious when and from whom did you order your scope?  I ordered mine from Banggood more than a month ago and still it wasn't even shipped.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2021, 04:58:28 pm »
@Algoma, I am curious when and from whom did you order your scope?  I ordered mine from Banggood more than a month ago and still it wasn't even shipped.

Aliexpress Seller "Hantek Official Store"
Order was on Jan 19 - Their note said restock was on Jan 21, 2021,
Shipped Jan 22 2021 free shipping via DHL to Canada
Received Jan 26, 2021
Date of manufacture sticker on the unit said Jan 4, 2021, Firmware was still older 2020 version and needed to be updated to the Jan 2021 update.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 05:05:02 pm by Algoma »

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2021, 06:50:16 pm »
When I bought my DSO2D10 through Aliexpress there was only one seller that had it in stock at that time and only the DSO2D10.
The DSO2D15 was not available yet.  So i bought the D10.
A you can see on the attached photos the mainboard is exactly the same as that of the D15. The only difference is the clock number.
Here one can nearly see the number of the chip that goes with the Lemontree chip.
So I suppose the only difference is the software.
Where are the hackers so that I can change mine to a D15. ;)

The following users thanked this post: pupkinv

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2021, 07:11:19 pm »
Where are the hackers so that I can change mine to a D15. ;)

The numbers on your u35 (AWG DAC) are still intact, see if you can get a closeup of that (Above the Lemontree) along with the U18 Op Amp beside it.

Even that that big ADC is nearly readable still. I note that your D10 is missing the tiny little caps they tacked across the input pins of the ADC in my DSO2D15. The flux residue indicates this was a manual adjustment of the latest revision.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:17:51 pm by Algoma »

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2021, 07:34:44 pm »
@Algoma.  The DAC is a DAC902E.
Try to check the Square wave with your test probe switched to x10 and also earth the probe as well to the calibration signal earth. That should get rid of the ringing.
Max Frequency of the Square wave from the AWG is 10 MHz.
Do you have any problems with your Autorange settings.
I have lots of bugs with the 20210105 firmware. Inconsistent freezes for example.
The frequency measured on the DVM also changes fro MHz to KHz when I select Autorange.
The CH2 DVM measures in mVolts instead of volts.
CH1 DVM does not show the minus sign.
Its also difficult to auto measure a small AC signal that rides on a DC level since the scope locks to the largest signal in Auto Set mode and Autorange mode. Even if one selected AC coupling it will automatically switch it to DC coupling which is stupid. It should remain at the input coupling mode that one selected, as with an Analoque scope which has a hardware switch for that purpose.
Another thing that I don't like is when one set the trigger mode eg. to Video, it switches back to Edge when one presses Auto Set.
 I informed Hantek Support about these but I don't know if they will do anything about it.

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2021, 07:51:56 pm »
@Algoma The  OpAmp U18 is a LMH67.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2021, 08:51:47 pm »
@cmaass Your PCB date code indicates 2034   (2020 Week:34)  (Aug. 17, 2020-Aug. 23, 2020)  -  considering Initial Design Date 2020.8.17 marked on the board, yours seems to be from one of the very first batches.

I was feeding the output of the Wavegen into a BK Precision1590 100Mhz Analog Scope at 10X. Its only the Squarewave that showed the ringing.  its likely my lack of proper measurement method. I think Dave had presented a video on this topic already. The December firmware had the square wave timing jumping the pulse width between two positions, like it was intermittently varying the duty cycle, the January Firmware update had resolved this.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2021, 07:38:44 am »
Considering the Preference for TI parts, and the remaining partial digits in the image from @cmaass

I'm tossing in a guess of ADC08D502CIYB for that ADC. 500Msps, two channel. it seems to fit, but it doesn't meet the Single Channel 1Gsps specs.
I would expect to see a ADC08D500CIYB with its Dual Edge Sample Interleave feature, for the 1Gsps single channel mode. They're pin compatible, But the 502 would only have 500Msps in Single channel mode. Cost savings yes, but wrong part. Could that be a difference between the 100Mhz model and the 150Mhz model? or they put in the wrong part on the early models thinking of a bit of cost savings? .. that or the scratches just look like a 2 instead of a 0

Looking at the datasheet, It's quite a powerful ADC choice for this scope.

The Data acquisition engine alone shows so much potential, it just needs to be realized with software improvements. Considering the cost of some of these parts, Hantek must be currently selling these units on a razor thin margin. Seems like a great deal for this class of scope, especially given the Wave Gen feature.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 08:28:53 pm by Algoma »

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2021, 01:30:00 pm »
Recently I have been considering purchasing the Hantek 51XX version but luckily fell upon this thread for the newer DSO2X1X which is seems obviously to be a better deal.

Can anybody suggest the best deal available out there including any possible discount coupons I may be overlooking?

Also what is the most recent operating system for this scope?

Regards

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2021, 02:49:01 pm »
@xuraax
Banggood's new user coupon has the best discount, but their price has gone up due to demand.  Generally Aliexpress sellers seem to have the fastest shipping options available, but watch DHL for their hidden brokerage fees after shipping, they usually add another $25 at delivery.  I took DHL shipping cause I wanted to have it sooner, no matter the cost.  I fully expect these to start appearing from Amazon sellers soon as stock gets into their hands.

http://hantek.com/products/detail/17182  The latest firmware (Operating system) is available from Hantek's site, currently dated Jan 05, 2021 for the latest release.
The hardware looks good, while the software remains a work in progress. Its pretty easy to update the software from the front panel USB as improvements are released.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2021, 05:33:31 pm »
The best deal I found out to be from Banggood using this https://couponsfromchina.com/hantek-dso2d10-digital-oscilloscope-coupon-price/ 15% off coupon.  The only problem is that they don't have any scopes in stock and I have been waiting since before Christmas for shipment as you can read in some of my previous posts.  If you find anyone that still have these scopes in stock then they are Hantek's initial shipment which seems like they halted since then. 

I believe the initial release of these scopes had some Hardware problems which cannot be fixed with software update by users and that is the reason for the shipments halting.  At this point, I would wait with any new orders to make sure you get their latest versions.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2021, 09:11:38 pm »
I've updated my reply above about the ADC in this scope. There are two models of the chip, one ADC08D500 that meets the claimed specs. And another lower cost version (ADC08D502) that lacks the feature needed to achieve the 1Gsps in single channel mode. Trouble is that @cmaass 's picture appears to be the 502 in their first batch scope.

Is there a test anyone can think of to verify the actual single channel Sample rate?

I wonder if this could be related to the production halt.. getting the right chips in there, The two models are pin-compatible. could also explain why the model numbers are scratched off  :-BROKE .  The wholesale cost difference per 1K chips looks to be only $30ea cost savings between the two models.  Or the difference between the D10 and D15 models.

???
??  D10 ~ 2x500Msps (100Mhz) = "1Gsps"
??  D15 ~ 1000Msps (150Mhz)= 1Gsps (@+$30)
???

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:23 pm »
Yes my DSO2D15 has 1Gsps in single channel mode, Answered my own question.

1) Set Display set to Dots to show sample points
2) Capture Single Sequence at 100ns / Div (Less than this, and it shows vectors instead of dots when you zoom in)
3) Zoom in and check the sample dots at 2ns/div

500Msps has sample period of 2ns  (One dot per Divsion when viewed at 2ns/div)
1Gsps has a sample period of 1ns   (Two dots per division when viewed at 2ns/div)

Must be the ADC08D500 in there.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 02:14:45 am by Algoma »

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2021, 12:53:16 am »
I am looking for a beginner scope and came across the new Hantek DSO2X1X family.  While comparing features I noticed that the feature sets listed on the web site and aliexpress do not list waveform capture rate.  I found something in the manual in the downloads tab on this page http://www.hantek.com/products/detail/17182 

The closest thing I have found in the manual was "Acquisition Rate, typical" which gives this description "Up to 2000 waveform per second per channel (Normal acquisition mode, no measurement)"

Can anyone confirm what the waveform capture rate on these scopes actually is?  If it is really 2000wfms/s, isn't that really bad?  Even the 6 year old Rigol DS1054Z does 30,000wfms/s.

Thanks,
David

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2021, 01:39:29 am »
@dmulligan  Yes, the rate is lower compared to other scopes due to the Allwinner main CPU, but plenty fine for this class of scope. Its already far beyond the refresh rate of the display, and has minimal effect on single triggered captures. Waveforms per second are mostly useful for capturing unusual, rare and intermittent events.  basically indicating how many times per second the main CPU can look through current data for interesting events and statistics while troubleshooting glitchy complex high speed circuits.

Simply measuring responses times and looking at waveforms have minimal need for the waveforms/s statistic. 2K waveforms is still quite a bit to look through in one second. There are dedicated special hardware triggers modes that make up it, by letting the Capture engine make the decision of what to trigger on and send only those to the CPU for review.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 02:17:22 am by Algoma »

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2021, 04:10:54 pm »
@upsss,

thank you for your reply. How would I know when the technical issues have been fixed?

Offline Shannon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2021, 04:37:09 pm »
I prefer HANTEK DSO4104B, those accessory are as same as agilent, looks perfect.

I heard about Hantek was the OEM of Agilent Oscilloscope.

Does somebody know how to hack these serial, the bandwidth and memory spec is a disaster |O.
Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
God said, Let Newton be! and all was light.

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2021, 04:54:04 pm »
@Algoma Your response led me to find an interesting article called "The Truth about Oscilloscope Waveform Update Rates (and why not to fall for it)". Obviously I need to do some more reading before I can choose the right scope for me.

Thank you.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2021, 06:52:23 am »
@xuraax, I would wait until Banggood start to ship these scopes again.  Like I said, I ordered my DSO2D10 more than a month ago and I am still waiting.  Their latest shipment date is Feb. 4 but I would not count on that as they changed it in the last minute several times.  They promised to notify me once they actually ship it so then I can post it here.

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2021, 12:34:19 pm »
@upsss. OK. I will. In the meantime, this was the first time I heard about the site couponsfromchina.com. Are there any similar sites out there I should know about? thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf