Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests  (Read 153718 times)

Offline jbauman

Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs / Missing Features / Feature Requests
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2021, 09:13:54 pm »
I would really like to be able to select Math channels as inputs to the XY Mode, but I can't find any way of doing it with the current firmware. My PicoScope can do this and I find it useful.

Offline umgfoin

Siglent SDS2000X Plus - Bugs: Settings-recall doesn't restore all options.
« Reply #426 on: February 10, 2021, 03:53:19 pm »
Hello world,
my first contribution is a bug report... >:D
I came over the following:
When recalling stored settings from an xml-file, attributes of DECODE->Bus display->Format are reset to "binary", regardless of what was set before.
In particular, I haven't verified yet, whether this happens during save or load - anyway it might be more efficient to have the code-owner @ Siglent look into it.
FW: 1.3.7R5
++Umgfoin.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 08:19:53 pm by umgfoin »
SDS2104X Plus
SW: 1.5.2R1, Uboot: 5.0, FPGA: 2022.xx-xx
CPLD: 03, HW: 02-04

Offline Specm96

« Reply #428 on: March 03, 2021, 07:56:33 pm »
Hi,   
   After starting up the web interface page while the scope was booting, I no longer am able to see the scope screen (just white background plus buttons) on the web control nor use the Home or Lan Config button from that page.  The buttons for firmware, save, etc. do respond.  The home page, Lan Config, and SCPI are accessible when loading the home page by the scope IP.  I am using firmware 1.3.7R5 and tried re-flashing both from the web page (since that button does work) and from USBdrive with no change. 

Is there a way to reset the web/vnc server in the scope?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #429 on: March 03, 2021, 08:08:42 pm »
Hi,   
   After starting up the web interface page while the scope was booting, I no longer am able to see the scope screen (just white background plus buttons) on the web control nor use the Home or Lan Config button from that page.  The buttons for firmware, save, etc. do respond.  The home page, Lan Config, and SCPI are accessible when loading the home page by the scope IP.  I am using firmware 1.3.7R5 and tried re-flashing both from the web page (since that button does work) and from USBdrive with no change. 

Is there a way to reset the web/vnc server in the scope?
Does a reboot fix it ? Maybe accessing the web browser before the scope was fully booted caused the problem.  :-//

Deleting the IP configuration can be done with the Secure Erase feature but it may also delete other settings.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Specm96

« Reply #430 on: March 03, 2021, 08:59:47 pm »
I did try several reboots - some associated with the reflash attempts.  I also tried resetting the IP config and changing/restoring the vnc port number (back to 5900 now).  The issues is consistent between browsers from two different computer, so definitely an issue in the scope.  I am guessing a file got corrupted.  I found the reference for telnet access and started looking at the filesystem,  but not sue where to start looking for the file for that page (or how to fix it if found).

I am not familiar with the secure erase.

Found and tried the security erase followed by a reboot, but no change.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:24:23 pm by Specm96 »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #431 on: March 03, 2021, 09:30:09 pm »
I did try several reboots - some associated with the reflash attempts.  I also tried resetting the IP config and changing/restoring the vnc port number (back to 5900 now).  The issues is consistent between browsers from two different computer, so definitely an issue in the scope.  I am guessing a file got corrupted.  I found the reference for telnet access and started looking at the filesystem,  but not sue where to start looking for the file for that page (or how to fix it if found).
Suggestions might be to install the latest firmware again.
I am not familiar with the secure erase.
I was to say RTFM but it's not mentioned there.  :-//

SDS5kX that should be the same: Save/Recall>Recall>Security Erase

At worst if the OS is somehow damaged we can recover it to normal, PM me if we need go down that track.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: Specm96

Offline zerto

• Contributor
« Reply #432 on: March 05, 2021, 02:47:40 pm »
SDS2104x-plus, 1.3.7R5, Manchester Decoder

On additional note about that decoder, which I forgot. It works mostly right. Just the last byte of a message will not be decoded, unless at least one trailing bit follows. It may not be a real issue if all practical applications send a few trailing bits after the last data bit. But the trailing bit is not needed for decoding.

I agree with Roberthh
The protocol config does not allow to set the 'idle bits' to 0 (min value is 2) this prevents the end of the data to be decoded, see the attached screenshot, adding 2 idle bits in my tests app make it works but that should not be required

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
    • webx.dk private hobby and diy stuff
« Reply #433 on: March 12, 2021, 01:57:20 pm »
I think i found a bug,
my siglent SPD3303X got odd random time delay between analog channels and logic analyzer.
or ? am i doing something wrong here ?
or is this really how it is supposed to be ?

see this video:
https://youtu.be/WzokRBxDM-g

PS: i am using my own logic analyzer input pcb, but as you see now with my latest speed trimmed resistor values
the digital to digital channels are perfectly fine, with in 2nS jitter = normal = the time resolution for LA.

This should be very easy to recreate, 25MHz 5V signal

also the attached picture : it shows the digital inputs are 16.6nS ahead of analog channels,
and on this ahead time, there is a lot of jitter, any one else seen this ?
UPDATE : Ahead time is a DESKEW adjustment in the digital menu.. NOT A PROBLEM, a cool feature for cable length compensation.

---
UPDATE : I was doing something wrong ! use the AWG (Advanced Waveform Generator) as clock source to your electronics,
completely removes the kind of jitter mentioned in this video.
All clock sources, Digital, Analog, AWG are delivered from the SAME internal master clock,
and by running your circuit of the AWG, your circuit is not free running.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 01:56:40 pm by oz2cpu »
Radioamateur OZ2CPU, Senior EE at Prevas
EMC RF SMPS SI PCB LAYOUT and all that stuff.

Offline maxspb69

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #434 on: March 19, 2021, 01:40:22 pm »
It seems that the “three month rule” no longer works.
More than 4 month have passed since the latest firmware release, and no info about future updates. Even though the oscilloscope still has a lot of errors. :popcorn:

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #435 on: March 19, 2021, 09:34:25 pm »
"Lots of errors"....
I hope you can still work with it, with all the errors.... ;)

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2021, 11:30:10 pm »
try this :
have timeout enabled on pop up screen menu,
click ch1 analog
click apply to, an extra menu apear, now wait for time out,
and the apply to, screen stay there.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2021, 12:36:27 am »
"Lots of errors"....
In my opinion, the way the scope cripples the waveform to make it look like a staircase when shrinking the screen (right menu open) is a serious bug

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #438 on: March 20, 2021, 12:51:35 am »
"Lots of errors"....
In my opinion, the way the scope cripples the waveform to make it look like a staircase when shrinking the screen (right menu open) is a serious bug
Then go into Utility Display and change how the menu is displayed......this feature was added in the last firmware.  ;)

Edit
Sorry, this is in the Display menu;
Supported floating menu so that the waveform is not compressed  horizontally when the right-side menu is displayed: Display | Menu Style
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:52:13 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: TK

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #439 on: March 20, 2021, 02:33:39 am »
"Lots of errors"....
Then go into Utility Display and change how the menu is displayed......this feature was added in the last firmware.  ;)

Edit
Supported floating menu so that the waveform is not compressed  horizontally when the right-side menu is displayed: Display | Menu Style
Really?  Thanks for the good news, I am going shopping right now

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #440 on: March 20, 2021, 04:04:15 am »
"Lots of errors"....

Edit
Really?  Thanks for the good news, I am going shopping right now
Yep, really back in Nov 2020.
Unlike you I prefer it to compress the display rather than cover part of the waveform but each to their own.  ;)

Recent units have the autohide menu setting engaged and just for 3s as some factory default  :-// which IMO is bloody annoying to change as you only have 3s to do it before the menu disappears.....puzzled who at the factory would think it was a good idea to ship units with that configuration.  :rant:
No worries if you know your way around the UI but for those that don't ............
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:55:58 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Analog4

• Contributor
« Reply #441 on: March 20, 2021, 04:12:42 am »
In Bode plot mode. How does one stop the active sweep so one can save the File.jpg of display.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #442 on: March 20, 2021, 04:50:07 am »
In Bode plot mode. How does one stop the active sweep so one can save the File.jpg of display.
Use of the blue Print button will instantly capture whatever is on the display and save it as a PNG to a USB pendrive.
You can use Stop then Print or select from the Save/Recall menu and use various other filetypes.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #443 on: March 20, 2021, 05:01:47 am »

ETA: Tautech answer just when I was writing answer...

First, Please do NOT use jpg for technical graphics when it is using lossy packaging.. Png is much much better.

You have never read user manual? Is it fun they write these manuals, deven they are poor but least these minimalist user manuals need be read. Are these manuals difficult to read... how can read this answer here now.  ;) ;)

If you use USB flash. Just push blue "Print" button.

What ever you do with scope... display copy is saved to USB flash when you push oscilloscope front panel blue "Print" button.

If you use PC Web browser directly to computer click oscilloscope web side button "ScreenShot" under scope live screen image.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:28:25 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #444 on: March 20, 2021, 05:05:05 am »

First, Please do NOT use jpg for technical graphics when it is using lossy packaging.. Png is much much better.

You have never read user manual?

What ever you do with scope... display copy is saved to USB flash when you push oscilloscope front panel blue "Print" button.

If you use PC Web browser directly to computer click oscilloscope web side button "ScreenShot" under scope live screen image.
Analog4 is doing their homework while waiting for the scope to arrive:
Hi Rick,

I am looking to purchase a oscilloscope Siglent SDS2104X Plus from Saelig.

Is it still possible to get a discount?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #445 on: March 20, 2021, 05:16:23 am »

You have never read user manual?

Analog4 is doing their homework while waiting for the scope to arrive:
Hi Rick,

I am looking to purchase a oscilloscope Siglent SDS2104X Plus from Saelig.

Is it still possible to get a discount?

So, even more. Now is good time to read the user manual from front side to back side, every side, every sentence, every word,  twice and repeat in reverse order. And then iterate this as many times as need.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #446 on: March 20, 2021, 09:22:56 am »
>So, even more. Now is good time to read the user manual from front side to back side, every side, every sentence, every word,
> twice and repeat in reverse order. And then iterate this as many times as need.

if we all did this, the forum will be quite dead ?

Offline Peter_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #447 on: March 20, 2021, 09:31:16 am »
if we all did this, the forum will be quite dead ?

I can imagine there might be some tiny little parts of the world, that are not described in manuals and worth to be discussed here.    :)

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #448 on: March 20, 2021, 09:41:34 am »
exactly Peter, that is what i understand rf-loop kindly suggest we focus a little bit more on, as i read it politly :-)

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop

Offline Analog4

• Contributor
« Reply #449 on: March 20, 2021, 08:03:17 pm »
This is not really a bug, it was more of a question, that did not seem to have an answer.

I have been reading the SDS2100+ manual in printed format, but it would probably be easier in to read it in electronic form. It may take awhile for me to get used to the format.  I like to read the overview for context first, then look at the details (like hypertext). This manual mostly gives lots of step by step details.

The details are spread out loosely over so many printed pages, one needs to find the right detail in a separate section. The step by step format makes it hard to see the big picture for the details.

The search function for words in the PDF file do not seem to work for me.

In Bode mode, none of the buttons seemed to be able to hold the sweep. Stop & Print did nothing as far as I could tell from the zero response. I could try to save (but will not save while sweeping the data on the screen), but could not stop the sweep without the screen erasing.

The answer is probably obvious, once I know what the answer is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 08:09:13 pm by Analog4 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf