Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2782130 times)

Aldo22 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #550 on: October 28, 2015, 09:14:48 am »
A 15KW, 0-80V 0-250A power supply. Weighs about 35Kg and I'm scared of it.
I would also be scared if I had a 15 KILOWATT power supply in my house...  :scared: :scared:
Just wondering, what are you going to use it for? Multimeter destruction, maybe?  ;)

Offline Tim F

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #551 on: October 28, 2015, 11:10:56 am »
One moderately crusty Tek 536 with B, CA, G and T plugins. No idea how functional it is yet, have to round up a suitably rated variac, check some caps and suss out a vaporised resistor before I try to power it.

Online Alex Nikitin

• Super Contributor
  • Femtoampnut and Tapehead.
    • A.N.T. Audio
« Reply #552 on: October 28, 2015, 12:24:21 pm »
My latest acquisition:

Cheers

Alex

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #553 on: October 28, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »
The SDG2082X I ordered came yesterday and I've had a great time playing with it.  I didn't know what I was missing not having a signal gen.  The frequency counter on it is decent as well with 8 digits of accuracy (only 7 shown here, but 10M shows as 10.000 000) unlike the 6 that most scopes provide, and it has a ppm measurement feature as well.  Here it is connected to my RFTG Rb GPSDO.  It is 0.160 ppm off.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:26:21 pm by alank2 »

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #554 on: October 28, 2015, 05:23:50 pm »
The SDG2082X I ordered came yesterday and I've had a great time playing with it.  I didn't know what I was missing not having a signal gen.  The frequency counter on it is decent as well with 8 digits of accuracy (only 7 shown here, but 10M shows as 10.000 000) unlike the 6 that most scopes provide, and it has a ppm measurement feature as well.  Here it is connected to my RFTG Rb GPSDO.  It is 0.160 ppm off.

Alan i hope you got it with a discount.

Siglent just lost same amount of credability as VW , and VW's stock dropped 30%

/Bingo

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #555 on: October 28, 2015, 05:35:54 pm »
Alan i hope you got it with a discount.
Siglent just lost same amount of credability as VW , and VW's stock dropped 30%

I got the usual and very fine tequipment discount!  it is my first signal gen, but I am very pleased for the money so far.

:)  I have a feeling that Siglent's misstep will be forgiven when people see the value this unit has.  I think the SDG2042X could very well become the "DS1052E" of its time in terms of bang for the buck in siggens.

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #556 on: October 28, 2015, 11:23:25 pm »
I think the SDG2042X could very well become the "DS1052E" of its time in terms of bang for the buck in siggens.
Only if it is hackable to 120 Mhz or even more. >:D

Offline felixd

• Regular Contributor
    • FlameIT - Liquid Immersion Cooling
« Reply #557 on: October 29, 2015, 06:39:52 pm »
DER EE LCR METER DE-5000 with TL-21 and TL-22 probes. Came from Japan to Poland in 7 days.

120 USD

I've also received a gift: Origami! :)

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/161104294237?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Pawel 'felixd' Wojciechowski
FlameIT - Liquid Immersion Cooling https://flameit.io
OpenPGP: 0x9CC77B3A8866A558 https://openpgp.flameit.io/

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2015, 08:40:09 pm »
Wow! It even comes with a card!  :-+ :-+

Offline azer

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #559 on: October 30, 2015, 01:34:09 am »
I've also received a gift: Origami! :)
You will also receive friendly mails from her every other week with picture of her kids or nice sceneries. :D

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #560 on: October 30, 2015, 01:49:12 am »
...Right. Have fun!  :popcorn:

Offline B.B.Bubby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #561 on: October 30, 2015, 10:40:21 am »
An old myford lathe, sometimes the british didn't do silly stuff with lumps of metal.
Just finished wiring up a 3 phase vsd and new 3/4 hp motor to replace the old washing machine drive unit.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2015, 04:48:54 am »
less than 7 days from china to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UA6013L-Auto-Range-Digital-LCD-Capacitor-Capacitance-Tester-Meter-Multimeter-/281539479403?hash=item418d0f876b:g:D2QAAOSwc3ZUmhSs

Why are there three lead jacks? But only two leads? Could it be they used a standard multimeter case, only changing the printing?
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2015, 07:47:51 am »
Cheaper to use an existing mould set ( no cost for tooling, and they only have to pay for a new screen for the printing) and the case already had all the cutouts aside from the one they had to make a jig to drill out the zero adjust knob. Jig would be a drill press and a wooden set of angles that they place the meter top in and bring the drill down. I made a similar one to do larger punch holes in some card backing boards, as the supplier made them 1mm too small, and the new posts we had were too tight a fit. We were not going to throw away 10k of boards, so took a cheap drill press and bought a 1/4in hole bit to drill them out. Took a week to do the lot in spare moments.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #565 on: November 01, 2015, 09:05:49 am »
UA6013L. What a bizarre meter. Does it have some kind of servo inside to do the "auto range"?  :palm: The 3 probe jacks seem to be split between one that's 200mA fused and one with a max 35VDC? That variable REL feature looks handy  :palm:

I guess it may read high'ish capacitance, though no accuracy specifications so it could read any old rubbish.

I guess the backlight and reading hold are much sought after features, and the little header between to get round those pesky IEC1010 safety rated jack sockets.

Garry, what possessed you to buy this POS?   :-//  :-DD

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #566 on: November 01, 2015, 09:18:05 am »
Has anyone realised that the meter is on when the switch is in the off position? Talk about possessed!  :scared:

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2015, 09:56:41 am »
Has anyone realised that the meter is on when the switch is in the off position? Talk about possessed!  :scared:
That would be stray capacitance causing ghost voltages. The meter must be using this phantom power to try and turn the servo for its auto-ranging.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2015, 10:24:37 am »
Garry, what possessed you to buy this POS?   :-//  :-DD

Erm ok.
!. I live close to scouseland where shiny things and bright things are a must have.

2. I got it cheap and wanted to take a look at it, that and I couldn't afford better and I couldn't make my mind up what to get that week, I needed a quick fix for my junkie collector side.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #569 on: November 01, 2015, 10:40:21 am »
Yeah, it looks like Uyigao are using the same design for many of their meters:
UA6243L - Digital LCR meter
UA33 multimeter series (B, C, D) (interestingly, there's no A version on the Internet)

Cheaper to use an existing mould set ( no cost for tooling, and they only have to pay for a new screen for the printing) and the case already had all the cutouts aside from the one they had to make a jig to drill out the zero adjust knob.
Looks like the hole is already on the rest of the meters as a power button... or a torch?  :wtf:

I bought a Uyigao temp gun recently (a few pages ago), the plastics are pretty nice, feels solid. Great device for USD 15 delivered.  :-+
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:42:28 am by crispy_tofu »

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #570 on: November 01, 2015, 10:55:23 am »
!. I live close to scouseland where shiny things and bright things are a must have.

2. I got it cheap and wanted to take a look at it, that and I couldn't afford better and I couldn't make my mind up what to get that week, I needed a quick fix for my junkie collector side.
I live IN scouseland and wouldn't have this, but a tear down and review is in order!  ;)

I'm guessing it is at least fast at measuring large capacitors in the mF range?

For a nice cheap excellent little meter with capacitance that actually does autorange go for a UT136B, and when you need another quick fix a week later get the UT136C so you have a temperature probe version too  :-+

Oh and you must have one of the Atmel 328 based "$20 LCR ESR transistor testers" by now? Open source - huge thread on here.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:56:57 am by Macbeth »

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #571 on: November 01, 2015, 11:12:38 am »

I live IN scouseland and wouldn't have this, but a tear down and review is in order!  ;)

I'm guessing it is at least fast at measuring large capacitors in the mF range?

For a nice cheap excellent little meter with capacitance that actually does autorange go for a UT136B, and when you need another quick fix a week later get the UT136C so you have a temperature probe version too  :-+

Oh and you must have one of the Atmel 328 based "$20 LCR ESR transistor testers" by now? Open source - huge thread on here.

yep i have an At328 unit. was looking at the UT one earlier, but also  the atlas ESR Range. One day when I get mega rich i might buy a hp E4981A ....

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #572 on: November 02, 2015, 08:41:36 am »
An early Christmas present!!!
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #573 on: November 02, 2015, 09:33:22 am »
I need a set of those so I can talk to myself in complete privacy, I hear it's the first sign of  :-// :rant:

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #574 on: November 02, 2015, 10:38:03 am »
All three of us, me myself and I, problem is I never hear anything I haven't heard before! :P
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf