Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 855455 times)

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #550 on: April 03, 2014, 05:02:30 pm »
RichardK, excellent progress! Its quite amazing, what you are doing! Just from my side thanks again. Its like a  series on TV, I cannot wait until the next one arrives!.

I have had a quick look and have listed some issues. Some are in hand with you already and some may be just my own ignorance. These are just to help you sort out any bugs. If anyone else can confirm the issues that would maybe help you more:

1.    Autoset is not taking one to best settings option, on every run it changes the Volt/Div to a different value. On the OEM program the Trigger marker is also  set to the middle of the Waveform amplitude. Richard was working on this.
2.   Print preview screen underlines the words when typing in Notes. Can the underline be removed? Richard was adding this function.
3.   OEM software has an Autohide feature for the control panel. Not provided in OPEN6022be yet. Not sure if this is needed or useful to anyone.
4.   The OEM software had the date and time displayed at right hand bottom corner, as well as the ”Running” in the left bottom corner. Not displayed in OPEN6022BE.
5.   On OEM software only the active trigger marker shows, the non-active trigger does not show, but OPEN6022BE shows all the triggers whether active or not. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
6.   Does not keep GUI settings yet, if you close and reopen later. Not sure if it should, but also does not stay in Demo mode if you shut down and restart, but the settings part seem to work now! When closing down while rendering Phosphor persistence, it restarts in Phosphor mode correctly, but then incorrectly indicates that it is in Normal mode.
7.   The zoom function cuts off after 19 steps, but the counter can be clicked up into the hundreds.
8.   In XY mode the second source pointer which stays horizontal (incorrectly) still needs to be moved to vertical top when in XY mode. (In hand with Richard)
9.   Display Ch1 Ch2 and Reference wave as square wave. Select Trigger sweep Normal. Move reference wave trigger position marker to the lower part of the reference waveform. Ch1 and Ch2 suddenly goes off the screen to the top.
10.   Reference wave was out of phase with internal 1k waveform, now nearly in phase, but square wave shows it is still out by a small margin.
11.   Can select Reference as trigger even if Reference waveform is off. Reference shows 500mV while Math selected as trigger when off shows 0V.
12.   Right click on waveform marker and a pop up Hide box comes up and if cursor is over marker it switches the channel off. But Hide can be right clicked anywhere in this left margin still displays popup, which does nothing obviously.
13.   Left clicking mouse cursor anywhere on screen gives Ch1 and Ch2 voltage readings in a small box which corresponds to whatever position the mouse cursor is. Not sure if this is intentional or what it is supposed to be doing?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:04:46 pm by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #551 on: April 04, 2014, 01:23:33 am »
1.    Autoset is not taking one to best settings option, on every run it changes the Volt/Div to a different value. On the OEM program the Trigger marker is also  set to the middle of the Waveform amplitude. Richard was working on this.

On the Todo, I'll get around to fixing it eventually but lower priority at the moment.

2.   Print preview screen underlines the words when typing in Notes. Can the underline be removed? Richard was adding this function.

Also on the Todo, probably be done in next release.

3.   OEM software has an Autohide feature for the control panel. Not provided in OPEN6022be yet. Not sure if this is needed or useful to anyone.

I never used the Autohide personally.

4.   The OEM software had the date and time displayed at right hand bottom corner, as well as the ”Running” in the left bottom corner. Not displayed in OPEN6022BE.

On the Todo, should be done in next release.

5.   On OEM software only the active trigger marker shows, the non-active trigger does not show, but OPEN6022BE shows all the triggers whether active or not. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

I intentionally did it this way because sometimes I like to adjust both triggers then toggle between them, it's just a pain to have to change trigger sources just to adjust the trigger level.

6.   Does not keep GUI settings yet, if you close and reopen later. Not sure if it should, but also does not stay in Demo mode if you shut down and restart, but the settings part seem to work now! When closing down while rendering Phosphor persistence, it restarts in Phosphor mode correctly, but then incorrectly indicates that it is in Normal mode.

Demo mode is enabled automatically if no device detected, you can manually enter the mode from the Acquire menu. About the Phosphor mode bug, will be fixed in next release.

7.   The zoom function cuts off after 19 steps, but the counter can be clicked up into the hundreds.

The cutoff point varies... It depending on the timebase, it has to do with the DrawWaveInYT function. Hantek's implementation has limits on zooming past certain points... I'll think of something more ideal eventually :)

8.   In XY mode the second source pointer which stays horizontal (incorrectly) still needs to be moved to vertical top when in XY mode. (In hand with Richard)

Also on the Todo, it's not as trivial as it sounds to implement it, but if not next release should be done by the following... I just want to implement it in a way that isn't hackish as I never intended there to be levers on the Top Pane (doh).

9.   Display Ch1 Ch2 and Reference wave as square wave. Select Trigger sweep Normal. Move reference wave trigger position marker to the lower part of the reference waveform. Ch1 and Ch2 suddenly goes off the screen to the top.

Will look into this.

10.   Reference wave was out of phase with internal 1k waveform, now nearly in phase, but square wave shows it is still out by a small margin.

Internal waveform has offset due to noise causing premature triggering, Reference wave & Demo Mode waves are pure, so they trigger exactly on wave edge.

11.   Can select Reference as trigger even if Reference waveform is off. Reference shows 500mV while Math selected as trigger when off shows 0V.

Will check this out also.

12.   Right click on waveform marker and a pop up Hide box comes up and if cursor is over marker it switches the channel off. But Hide can be right clicked anywhere in this left margin still displays popup, which does nothing obviously.

I'll make the option grayed out if there isn't a Lever under the cursor.

13.   Left clicking mouse cursor anywhere on screen gives Ch1 and Ch2 voltage readings in a small box which corresponds to whatever position the mouse cursor is. Not sure if this is intentional or what it is supposed to be doing?

It's not actually on left click, it's a popup hint that usually triggers on left clicks, but it's just a quick and dirty measurement (similar to Cross cursors).

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #552 on: April 04, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
RichardK,
              Thanks for all the feedback. The following issue you replied on (see below), just does not make sense to me or else I am having an Alzheimer moment! The popup box with Ch1 & Ch2 voltages shown are related to the position of the mouse pointer and the popup box appears after a moment of delay as you move the mouse pointer onto the graticule area from outside of it, then goes off after a short period of display. Now if you keep the mouse pointer on the graticule area and just move it to any position and left click the mouse, then the box pops up again with different voltages related to that point you moved it to and the waveforms. Why would one want to see Ch1 &Ch2 voltages related to the mouse pointer clicks so far away from the waveform?
I just cannot see what this could be used for or it is performing differently to what you intended? Most likely it is just my ignorance at play here......

13.   Left clicking mouse cursor anywhere on screen gives Ch1 and Ch2 voltage readings in a small box which corresponds to whatever position the mouse cursor is. Not sure if this is intentional or what it is supposed to be doing?

It's not actually on left click, it's a popup hint that usually triggers on left clicks, but it's just a quick and dirty measurement (similar to Cross cursors).

I have picked up another small glitch, if you use Zoom and then click the Default Settings it does not reset Zoom to zero.

And just another thanks for the time and effort you are putting into this! It is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:54:02 pm by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline nyt

« Reply #553 on: April 05, 2014, 11:32:06 pm »
I'd just like to say excellent work on this.

I'm also curious if it would be possible to include a THD operation in the mathematics functions.

Cheers.

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #554 on: April 06, 2014, 04:23:43 pm »
I have updated some things in the User Manual.

Do not use the Jumpshare viewer as it is broken and I have reported it, but it is still the same.

Here is docx: http://jmp.sh/Eyesdan
Here is pdf: http://jmp.sh/PDdz9CD

Again please give feedback, mistakes, corrections etc!

Edit: Fixed link
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:00:31 pm by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #555 on: April 06, 2014, 04:38:58 pm »
Hi Matchless,

Great work.

Not that it matters much but your file links are both the same and are for the PDF format file  ;)

Aurora
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2014, 06:02:03 pm »
Thanks Aurora, have fixed it!
Regards
Matchless

Offline arhi

• Contributor
    • My Electronics Blog
« Reply #557 on: April 08, 2014, 03:07:45 am »
great work guy's

saleae logic uses the same cypress chip and they are getting 24MHz LA stream directly from the chip to the pc; now from what I understand Richard is writing this open6022be software as a frontend using SDK so the driver sends firmware to the cy, and then SDK talk to cy and gets data the same way original crappy app does. what I find interesting is maybe ditching the whole hantek driver and rewriting the firmware completely.... if saleae can stream 24MHz from the cy (that's half of what this scope can sample) maybe adding a functionality to stream 24MHz from the adc and then do everything else in the software? triggering, fft, logging ? was anyone thinking about something like that?

I went quickly trough the pictures but I didn't see if anyone reverse engineered the link between cy and the analog part so that we can properly configure it from custom firmware

@richardK, any reason for not pushing this on sourceforge/github?

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #558 on: April 08, 2014, 08:45:42 am »
if saleae can stream 24MHz from the cy (that's half of what this scope can sample) maybe adding a functionality to stream 24MHz from the adc and then do everything else in the software? triggering, fft, logging ? was anyone thinking about something like that?

That's already being done.  The Hantek samples two channels simultaneously, at up to16 MSa/s (which is 32 MB/s), streaming them directly to a buffer in the PC (software dependent size, currently up to a meg).  Even though the Hantek says they support triggering (and even claims 0-100% pre/post trigger acquisitions, which is baloney), it's very crude

In its High-Speed 48MSa mode, it will detect the presence of a trigger condition _somewhere_ in the the current on-chip buffer (1 or 2 kB, I forget).  And on each small sample burst sent over, that trigger position within it will be different.  I.e., there's no circular buffering going on at all.  It's 'wipe and restart' on every cycle.

Exactly how triggering is done in the slower streaming mode is a question for RickardK.  But I'd guess it uses a similar technique to detect a start, then just dumps until the buffer is full.  Since the buffer is so much bigger, the fact that the trigger point is constantly shifting +/-0.1% from the head of the buffer is something the software can hide from the user. 

Offline arhi

• Contributor
    • My Electronics Blog
« Reply #559 on: April 08, 2014, 10:43:37 pm »
Well I understand hantek's original firmware is doing that but "we" (actually RichardK) are fetching data trough SDK functions. I don't see a way to get a 32 MHz stream from hantek with USB buffer size I select, or I'm missing some pages of the SDK? I'm actually more interested in 32 MHz from a single channel then 2x16 MHz but I guess it's not a big difference in sw.

I see that front end before ADC is being reverse engineered, any chance someone did the same for the MCU connections? I'm personally not too interested in 6022BE as oscilloscope but more as a nice ADC platform with CY on board :D and for that I need to work on CY firmware and not on hantek SDK (taking into account that I have two CY boards now and still haven't written a blink led for CY due to serious lack of time this is just a theoretical talk until I get some free time on my hand, and even then I have few things that are more important)

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #560 on: April 09, 2014, 02:50:09 am »
Well I understand hantek's original firmware is doing that but "we" (actually RichardK) are fetching data trough SDK functions.

So?

I don't see a way to get a 32 MHz stream from hantek with USB buffer size I select, or I'm missing some pages of the SDK?

You just allocate a buffer of the appropriate size, and give the SDK a pointer and size spec, with a timebase setting slow enough for it to provide a stream (rather than tiny 2k chunks).

I'm actually more interested in 32 MHz from a single channel then 2x16 MHz but I guess it's not a big difference in sw.

Sorry, you're SOL on that.  As previously discussed here, the device and SDK always run and ship both channels.  So it actually is a big difference, but has to be done at the firmware level, inside the Cypress chip.  Then it would need to be propagated thru the SDK, and into the Application layer.

I see that front end before ADC is being reverse engineered, any chance someone did the same for the MCU connections? I'm personally not too interested in 6022BE as oscilloscope but more as a nice ADC platform with CY on board :D and for that I need to work on CY firmware and not on hantek SDK

Have at it!  :)  We'd love to see what you come up with.

(taking into account that I have two CY boards now and still haven't written a blink led for CY due to serious lack of time this is just a theoretical talk until I get some free time on my hand, and even then I have few things that are more important)

Ah!  You'd like someone else to do the work for you.  A common enough dilemma.   ::)   ;D

Offline arhi

• Contributor
    • My Electronics Blog
« Reply #561 on: April 10, 2014, 12:55:27 am »
Ah!  You'd like someone else to do the work for you.  A common enough dilemma.   ::)   ;D

:-[ nope, just don't want to do work someone else already spent time doing so trying to figure out what's already being done. The RichardK app works just fine for the scope itself (without any changes I see some 8.128mV p2p noise btw), I did not unpack the source (appears to be pass protected and looks like I skipped the post where pass is revealed) but taking into account original fw always sends both channels it looks like "must write new firmware from scratch" so it goes to the list of projects to do (attm second on the list so should be on desk really soon)

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2014, 06:49:48 am »
Hi,
    While waiting for the next updated binary, I want to try and tidy up some bits in the User Manual and get rid of the part 3 in italics,
I would be grateful if some people could just test the full screen function with reference to the part in italics and give some feedback. Basically I need to verify whether you get the toolbars and controls back automatically or need to do it by selecting Windows Mode.
Thanks in advance:

Click to enable Full Screen display without any toolbars, controls, measure display or measure output. There are 3 ways to go back to the normal display:
1.   Push the ESC key on your keyboard or
2.   right click on the display and select Window Mode or
3.   left click on the small icon in the left top corner and select Restore.
Note:  Step 3 will return display to normal size, but without any toolbars or controls. Right click on the display and select Window Mode to get the toolbars and controls back. Mine does this, but RichardK  says his comes back in this way with toolbars and controls showing.
If anyone else cares to test this please come back to me so that I can lay this one to rest!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:52:52 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline LETARTARE

« Reply #563 on: April 15, 2014, 03:01:16 pm »
Hello,
Congratulations for this great software I used for one week to measure control signals on an Arduino board and I am very happy.
@Matchless
Your documentation is very well top.
If anyone else cares to test this please come back to me so that I can lay this one to rest!
I use VISTA Pro Pack2, and it works exactly as you describe.

Sincerely.

This text is translated by google.

Offline quantumvolt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #564 on: April 15, 2014, 05:20:02 pm »
I just ordered this from eBay. I found a copy of a manual but I found little information about 'File, Save Data' Ctrl+S. I suppose the file is saved on PC disk, but which format? There were no mention/picture of file extension or menu for multiple saved files.

Also I read that there is no time stamp. I will only use 1 channel for single captures on booth/shutdown on 'slow' changing PSU's and voltage references (maybe 1 mS to a few minutes). Since the scope always samples both channels, I plan to use the other channel as an analogue 'clock' (uC generated rising stepped 'event-signature' voltage). Will I be able to save the two channels in a format that  I can read with other software to study further?

Thanks.

Offline LETARTARE

« Reply #565 on: April 15, 2014, 05:41:31 pm »
@quantumvolt,
Hello,
With "Open6022BE V1.0 beta PR18"
File->Export->ExportSetting->Export type = *.txt
File->Export->Image Preview and Export ...

Sincerely

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #566 on: April 15, 2014, 05:49:33 pm »
Hello,
Congratulations for this great software I used for one week to measure control signals on an Arduino board and I am very happy.
@Matchless
Your documentation is very well top.
I use VISTA Pro Pack2, and it works exactly as you describe.

Thanks for the feedback. That helps a lot.

I hope someone on XP will also come back on this!
Regards
Matchless

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #567 on: April 15, 2014, 05:54:53 pm »
Here is the latest version of the Open6022be User Manual.
Do not open the docx with Jumpshare viewer it gives spelling mistakes, rather download and open.

PDF: http://jmp.sh/ZkC2JXk
Docx: http://jmp.sh/fOg8uRl

Again any suggestions, corrections, additions etc. are welcome.
Regards
Matchless

Offline quantumvolt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #568 on: April 15, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »
Thanks for the .txt fomat.

I looked at the .pdf manual over - I understand that in the open SW, the two channels must be exported separately to different files? But the original SW stores both channels parallel in one file?

Thanks.
(I run old XP, but the box hasn't left China yet (ordered it today)).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:09:10 pm by quantumvolt »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #569 on: April 15, 2014, 08:47:29 pm »
I looked at the .pdf manual over - I understand that in the open SW, the two channels must be exported separately to different files? But the original SW stores both channels parallel in one file?

Thanks.
(I run old XP, but the box hasn't left China yet (ordered it today)).

RichardK is still developing the new OPEN6022BE software and has indicated that he is aware that the txt files only support single channel exporting.
As far as I know the original 1.0.4 version only supports one channel on txt even if you select "All".

You most probably know it, but can do just about everything in Demo Mode without the box connected to your PC!
Regards
Matchless

Offline quantumvolt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #570 on: April 16, 2014, 05:40:50 am »
Thanks again. I will look at both the original and the open software here. After a search I also found some other links to 'open' stuff and the SDK. Also I read the review in the other eevblog thread. YT also has videos.

I guess I start to make a little program that scrolls the 2 channels w/ timestamp based on abcd_CH1.txt, abcd_CH2.txt, and the time base stored as abcd_TB.txt (must be saved from Notepad or similar). This way I can hook the used time base to the data for future reference.

I guess decent time markers can be calculated from this-observation's-number and total-number-of-observations with quite high accuracy as long as I use channel 1 as a monotonic increasing 'pulse train' ^clock^).

Anyway, no haste. They say 30-45 days with China post ...

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #571 on: April 16, 2014, 02:48:18 pm »
After a search I also found some other links to 'open' stuff and the SDK.

Could you share those?  I wasn't aware of any other Open projects using the SDK for this device. 

Other Hantek's, sure.  Sigrok has done work with several of them.  But the 6022BE is incompatible with all that.

Offline quantumvolt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #572 on: April 17, 2014, 08:19:25 am »
Sorry, false alarm. I just noted the:

OpenHantek category topic Work in progress on support of hantek 6022be.
http://www.openhantek.org/forum/topic/3/13/

and bookmarked it. But now I see that one of the posters is 'RichardK' and the post links  to here - i.e. to this thread.

Offline roderick

• Contributor
    • Small Projects
« Reply #573 on: April 17, 2014, 02:42:32 pm »
... But the original SW stores both channels parallel in one file?...
Yes, if you export to Excel in the bundled software, what you really get is a text file, with first the channel 1 data, then all the channel 2 data.  I wish it would have exported the data side-by-side, because then I could use Excel's (or OpenOffice Calc's) built-in Chart to display the data.  A warning too - with the original software, I noticed that what was in the export file did not match the screen.  I measured a power supply that properly showed 5.2 volts on the screen, but the export file said 6.3 volts for some reason.

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2014, 03:55:21 pm »
Here is the latest version of the user manual for the Open6022be. Just some cosmetic changes done.

Pdf: http://jmp.sh/OgzM1DM

Avoid using the Jumpshare viewer for the docx, as it corrupts some spelling and formatting. Rather download to your PC or use the pdf. I have reported it, but they have not fixed it.
Docx: http://jmp.sh/SaBSG64

I just need to get rid of the parts in red, if anyone can help I will be grateful!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:31:21 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf