Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 855553 times)

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2014, 02:32:23 pm »
Hi AznGothic,

A few things that I don't know if you have tried:

- A different USB port

- Connecting both ends of the USB cable for extra power.

- Disconnecting all other USB devices from your computer and leaving only the 6022

- Exiting/stopping all other programs while using the 6022

Good luck! :)

Offline AznGothic

• Contributor
« Reply #651 on: August 27, 2014, 04:50:10 pm »
Hi AznGothic,

A few things that I don't know if you have tried:

- A different USB port

- Connecting both ends of the USB cable for extra power.

- Disconnecting all other USB devices from your computer and leaving only the 6022

- Exiting/stopping all other programs while using the 6022

Good luck! :)

I have 4 front usb ports. Two of them are USB 2.0 and two of them are USB 3.0. So the USB 3.0 should be on a different controller (from my understanding). I tried it on all 4 with the same results and I also tried using both plugs. I did not try disconnecting other USB devices since the 3.0 should be running on its own controller anyways. I also did not try stopping other programs. I'll try both of those today.

Offline Jetfixxxer

« Reply #652 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »
Has anyone had an issue installing on 8.1?  I'm able to find the computer, but errors out because it's not finding the driver signature.  I've downloaded the latest from the Hantek website as well.

Offline AznGothic

• Contributor
« Reply #653 on: August 27, 2014, 09:45:16 pm »
Has anyone had an issue installing on 8.1?  I'm able to find the computer, but errors out because it's not finding the driver signature.  I've downloaded the latest from the Hantek website as well.

The driver isn't a signed driver. You have to disable the driver signature requirement in windows 8 to install it.

As for my issue. Still having the same issue. The only other usb devices I have is my mouse, keyboard and external hard drive. I disconnected the external hard drive with no luck. The keyboard and mouse should not be causing any conflicts and if I unplugged them I wouldn't be able to click around to do anything. I did a fresh boot and closed everything that starts up with my computer but still no luck. When you initially plug in the 6022be it states that it installed DRIVER 1 and DRIVER 2. But when you look in the device manager you only see DRIVER 2. I'm wondering if perhaps the issue is DRIVER 1? Does anyone know how I would be able to uninstall it when it doesn't even show up?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:48:24 pm by AznGothic »

Offline Jetfixxxer

« Reply #654 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:40 pm »

The driver isn't a signed driver. You have to disable the driver signature requirement in windows 8 to install it.

Thought about that after I posted. 

Thanks

Have you selected "show hidden" devices?  Under device manager "view, show hidden devices".
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:37:02 pm by Jetfixxxer »

Offline mikewardlow

« Reply #655 on: August 28, 2014, 12:54:21 am »
Could somebody with the resources [ie] pic etc perform a small test ...

Send a repeating sequence of 2 pulses and 8 second delay...  [ probably use .2ms time base]

Pulse 1=100 us,  delay 100 us,  pulse 2=100 us, delay 8 seconds..........I..I.....................\\.....I..I................

Does the trigger properly,  does single sweep work correctly.
when single sweep and capture does the display change properly when you change the time base....

I just got a DDS120 and it cannot do this correctly.....

Offline AznGothic

• Contributor
« Reply #656 on: August 28, 2014, 02:52:18 am »

Thought about that after I posted. 

Thanks

Have you selected "show hidden" devices?  Under device manager "view, show hidden devices".

Yes I did. It's not a hidden device unless it has a different name from the one that was shown when the two drivers installed.

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #657 on: August 28, 2014, 03:03:44 am »
When you initially plug in the 6022be it states that it installed DRIVER 1 and DRIVER 2. But when you look in the device manager you only see DRIVER 2. I'm wondering if perhaps the issue is DRIVER 1? Does anyone know how I would be able to uninstall it when it doesn't even show up?

Sorry that you are still having problems!

When I installed my 6022 I also noticed that DRIVER 1 doesn't show up in device manager, but I was able to see it if I ran System Information. See an image of this in the following post:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-6022be-20mhz-usb-dso/msg441478/#msg441478

I have the drivers installed on a desktop and on a laptop. On the desktop I installed the application software first and then just connected the 6022 to an USB port. In this case, Windows automatically found the driver, I presume off the internet, and installed it. This worked fine. On the laptop I connected the 6022 to a USB port before installing the application software, in this case Windows wasn't able to successfully install the drivers automatically, so I installed it manually. I can't remember if I used the CD or a downloaded file. In any case, there were no issues with this installation either.

If you uninstall DRIVER 2 again, you could try to use System Information to see if DRIVER 1 is also uninstalled. If it isn't, then it may be worthwhile to try and figure out a way to uninstall it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:08:11 am by TomC »

Offline AznGothic

• Contributor
« Reply #658 on: August 28, 2014, 03:46:16 am »
When you initially plug in the 6022be it states that it installed DRIVER 1 and DRIVER 2. But when you look in the device manager you only see DRIVER 2. I'm wondering if perhaps the issue is DRIVER 1? Does anyone know how I would be able to uninstall it when it doesn't even show up?

Sorry that you are still having problems!

When I installed my 6022 I also noticed that DRIVER 1 doesn't show up in device manager, but I was able to see it if I ran System Information. See an image of this in the following post:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-6022be-20mhz-usb-dso/msg441478/#msg441478

I have the drivers installed on a desktop and on a laptop. On the desktop I installed the application software first and then just connected the 6022 to an USB port. In this case, Windows automatically found the driver, I presume off the internet, and installed it. This worked fine. On the laptop I connected the 6022 to a USB port before installing the application software, in this case Windows wasn't able to successfully install the drivers automatically, so I installed it manually. I can't remember if I used the CD or a downloaded file. In any case, there were no issues with this installation either.

If you uninstall DRIVER 2 again, you could try to use System Information to see if DRIVER 1 is also uninstalled. If it isn't, then it may be worthwhile to try and figure out a way to uninstall it.

Thank God! It finally works again!! Thank you so much TomC. Your info put me on the right track to figure this thing out.

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #659 on: August 29, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »
Here is the latest beta 17 copy of the user manual for Open6022BE:

http://jmp.sh/hhrhnkw

Any additions, changes or corrections to the content will be appreciated.

Updated download.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:03:05 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline danielr82

« Reply #660 on: August 29, 2014, 04:36:20 pm »
Hello everybody, I stumbled over this discussion, also because I was looking for the difference between BE and BL. I just ordered the BE, since I got the impression that a BL is actually 2 devices in one, a BE Scope and a Saleae clone Logic16. The bad part: they are not usable together at the same time! You have to decide, analog XOR digital,  no mixed mode.   :--

Regards.
Faced with the choice of

6022BE - £38 (~$63 USD) and free delivery
Saleae clone on it's own - £6

(complete "test set" price £43 including delivery)

or 6022BL - £53, I went with the much simpler option of buying two tools that I could use at the same time if I wanted!

This thread is pretty cool, and spurred me on to actually get the cheap scope knowing that there is decent software for it :)

Much Gratitude to Richard,

Now just waiting for the thing to get here!

Offline olrowdy01

« Reply #661 on: August 29, 2014, 05:44:40 pm »
Quote from: Matchless on Today at 02:01:48 AM

>http://jmp.sh/bvK6pDM

Excellent looking manual.  Only problem is the link doesn't allow you to download or save it.  I guess you have to login but I have enough logins already.

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #662 on: August 29, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »
Excellent looking manual.  Only problem is the link doesn't allow you to download or save it.  I guess you have to login but I have enough logins already.

Try the blue download button in the top right hand corner  ;)
Regards
Matchless

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #663 on: August 29, 2014, 07:25:44 pm »
HI, I hope someone could help me solve my problem.

I've been using my 6022 with this open6022be software for a few months now.
I use this scope for automotive diagnostic. Everything was working until this afternoon. I still have a visual of the waveforms I'm looking for but what should be 12V now display (an mesure) as 5V.

Can someone point me to the right direction please?!?

thanks

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #664 on: August 29, 2014, 07:49:14 pm »
Hi mrphil,

Make sure the probe is set to X10. If it's set to X1 the scope is limited to + or - 5V.

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #665 on: August 29, 2014, 07:58:19 pm »

http://jmp.sh/bvK6pDM

Hi Machtless,
 I'm wondering if you uploaded the wrong version by mistake. This seems to be the same beta 16 manual you previously published!

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #666 on: August 29, 2014, 08:03:45 pm »
oh.. I always used this for rotation signal (engine speed , wheel speed sensor.....) and these signal are often below 5v... I didn't know it was limited to 5v.

by the way i'm not using the original probe (since these are not appropriate for automotive testing) I'm simple probe without the x10 switch attached to it. So if I put the software in x10 mode , i'm not getting the right voltage either.....

any solution ?
I could always mod the original probes that come with the scope.. is this the best I can do ?

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #667 on: August 29, 2014, 08:13:29 pm »
oh.. I always used this for rotation signal (engine speed , wheel speed sensor.....) and these signal are often below 5v... I didn't know it was limited to 5v.

by the way i'm not using the original probe (since these are not appropriate for automotive testing) I'm simple probe without the x10 switch attached to it. So if I put the software in x10 mode , i'm not getting the right voltage either.....

any solution ?
I could always mod the original probes that come with the scope.. is this the best I can do ?
Yeah, the software in X10 will just multiply the value of the input voltage by 10, but the input voltage value is clipped at + or -5V, so you'll still get the wrong voltage. You need to have a X10 probe to see signals >+-5V, so probably modifying the original probes is your best bet.

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #668 on: August 29, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »
thanks!

I found an old fluke 10:1 reducer in my toolbox, so for now I attached it to the probe I now have my 12v which I should have...

I guess these are the downs of not having a 700$ picoscope ...  |O

thanks a lot. you saved my day

Offline mrphil

• Contributor
« Reply #669 on: August 29, 2014, 09:15:08 pm »
ohh... I forgot one last thing

I don't know if RichardK is still working on this but I could really use a x20 fonction ... I got many x20 reducer

Offline olrowdy01

« Reply #670 on: August 29, 2014, 09:28:56 pm »
Quote from: Matchless on Today at 05:07:00 AM

Try the blue download button in the top right hand corner  ;)

>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:53:22 pm by olrowdy01 »

Offline danielr82

« Reply #671 on: August 29, 2014, 10:15:48 pm »

any solution ?
Yeah, the software in X10 will just multiply the value of the input voltage by 10, but the input voltage value is clipped at + or -5V, so you'll still get the wrong voltage. You need to have a X10 probe to see signals >+-5V, so probably modifying the original probes is your best bet.

Might be a stupid question, but what makes the probes unsuitable for automotive work?

is it just that alligator clips are better?

how is the scope for automotive work?
are there enough channels for everything that you'd want to measure?

Hantek appear to do another scope (1008C) that has a bit better resolution (12bit) and more channels (8 instead of 2), but a much lower sampling rate - 2.4MS/s rather than 48Ms/s, which (I think) gives it about a 1MHz bandwidth...

I've been considering getting that (1008C) scope with more channels to go alongside this one (6022BE), mainly for doing audio stuff, but would use if for automotive work in the future...

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #672 on: August 30, 2014, 07:10:07 am »
Hi Matchless,
 I'm wondering if you uploaded the wrong version by mistake. This seems to be the same beta 16 manual you previously published!

TomC, thanks for pointing that out. I have not worked on it lately and the last small changes were only in the docx. I usually change the name of the last pdf in preparation of an over write, which I never did. I have updated the link, here it is again. Sorry! Mostly the same things are still pending in red waiting for your winter to arrive and Richardk's next release!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:12:44 am by Matchless »
Regards
Matchless

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #673 on: August 30, 2014, 07:16:13 am »

any solution ?

mrphil, have a look at the manual I posted. I have tried to incorporate a bit on the probes and the voltage which should hopefully make it clearer. I use mine on small motorcycle ignitions as well. I still need to order the HT probe for the plug lead as shown in the manual
Here is the link to the manual:
Regards
Matchless

Offline whitrzac

« Reply #674 on: August 30, 2014, 02:36:02 pm »
Is there a way to set the FFT range?

I want 0hz to ~30khz range. As of right now its all in the 1st division, anything less than 5k is impossible to read.

Anyone?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf