Author Topic: Fluke 289 Meter  (Read 26175 times)

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Fluke 289 Meter
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2019, 06:48:10 pm »
I just rechecked the eBay purchase info - it says shipping will be by USPS Priority Mail but I would still expect to get a shipping notification, is that right?

Yes I would think so, and a tracking number too once it's been posted
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2019, 11:00:00 am »
I just went back over all the reviews of the seller of my 289, superdeal85, and he pushes back on people who say he never shipped with stuff like... "Listing stated in Bold Terms "3-4 Week Ship Time" you refused. False Review."

There are many more positive reviews than negative saying they did receive their 289 (which this seller seems to focus on).

The listing for my purchase does say "1/2 week ship time" (which I suspect means 1 to 2 weeks, not half a week) and I placed the order on 17th so I may wait until closer to the end of the month before asking for a refund; it's already the 25th.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2019, 02:45:07 pm »
You've not too much longer to wait till the end of the month and then at least you'll have given him the time he said he'd post it by. I really hope you get it after all this waiting. I am sure you'll be well happy with it and feel it was worth the wait.
If not you'll get your $$'s back and can get another 1 from a more straight forward seller.
Fingers crossed it comes off for you.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Gandalf_Sr

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2019, 10:30:30 pm »
Well today's mail delivery came and guess what? Yup, no 289.

I'll send the seller a polite message asking when he intends to ship (again) and, if I get no answer by the 30th, I'll ask PayPal/eBay for a refund.

What a waste of time.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2019, 11:08:56 pm »
It sure was/is buddy if it doesn't come together.
If that ends up being the case don't let it sour you from getting a meter that I am sure you'll enjoy. Paypal or Ebay will refund you no probs if he doesn't live up to when he said he'd post it for you and you can order 1 from another seller and get it in a few days as is normal.
That's a shame that's happened(if that ends up being the case) but there are sh*t heads everywhere. Thank goodness we only encounter them now and again and not every time.

Getting a new meter should be a nice experience.  :--

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2019, 09:51:21 am »
Well I got fed up of waiting so I requested a refund, the eBay system came back with this...

Hang tight, you should hear back from the seller soon
If you don't hear back or can't work something out with the seller, you can ask us to step in beginning Nov. 1.

So, unless he's just woken from his coma and responds with an offer to ship, I have to wait until the end of the month anyway.

My prediction is that I will hear nothing from superdeal85

[EDIT] Funny how asking for a refund gets their attention; superdeal85 responded saying he is going to ship "in October", he didn't say which October.  I agreed to wait until the end of this month.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:39:11 am by Gandalf_Sr »

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2019, 11:35:25 am »
Well I got fed up of waiting so I requested a refund, the eBay system came back with this...

Hang tight, you should hear back from the seller soon
If you don't hear back or can't work something out with the seller, you can ask us to step in beginning Nov. 1.

So, unless he's just woken from his coma and responds with an offer to ship, I have to wait until the end of the month anyway.

My prediction is that I will hear nothing from superdeal85

Unfortunately I will say the same... It's sad to simply f#ck up a lot of positive seller feedback and good track in monetary terms. Looks like I also learn a lesson, never believe that everyone have good faint and professionalism even if the past says so.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2019, 11:40:09 am »
I'm still not 100% confident but I did get a response - see the edit at the end of my last post.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2019, 01:04:49 pm »
It seems you just have "to wait" some more as sad as that is!  :(

A simple message or whatever keeping you posted what is happening from the seller would have at least stopped you wondering so much. He did after all take quite a few of your hard earned $'s as soon as you decided you wanted the meter.

There should be a rule that sellers have to post within 1 week or something. How does it take people 2 or 3 weeks to get to a post office? If they can't do that they shouldn't be allowed to take your cash.
I suppose it's the same as everything in life.. you get good and bad.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:06:53 pm by Terry01 »

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2019, 01:18:33 pm »
Terry, Thanks for the words of sympathy, you're like my EE therapist  :-DD

I assume that the seller already got my money which left my account the day I made the purchase (10 days ago now) but, if rule was that the buyer didn't get the money until they shipped, then maybe they'd ship faster?

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2019, 01:52:50 pm »
Well for sellers the money can't be withdraw or used for a while after being received if you are register as an Individual:

Most businesses will experience a time when their funds become unavailable, also known as a payment hold.
In this article, you’ll learn more what a payment hold is, why it happens, and how to resolve it.

What does it mean when funds are unavailable, or on hold?

PayPal may place a payment hold - for usually 21 days or less - in case there’s an issue with your order. When a payment hold is placed on your account, the money still belongs to you and once we get confirmation your buyer received the item they ordered in the condition promised, the funds will be available for withdrawal.

Why could your funds be temporarily unavailable?
We may place reserves, limitations, and other holds on your account (you can read more about them in our User Agreement), but here are some of the reasons why we might place a hold on your account.

You’re a first-time seller. When you’re a new PayPal seller, it takes time to build up enough history to demonstrate a pattern of positive buyer-seller transactions. The good news is you can usually move out of this status by confirming your identity and building up a history of positive selling activity.
    You haven't sold in a while. When your selling activity has been dormant for a long time, it will also take time to rebuild a history of positive buyer-seller transactions.
    Multiple customers filed for a refund, dispute or chargeback. If multiple customers file for a refund, dispute, or chargeback, it can delay the availability of your funds. The best way to resolve this is to work directly with your customers to prevent, or solve, disputes and chargebacks. Sometimes it’s possible that your customer filed for a refund, dispute or chargeback because someone illegally used their PayPal account to buy something. We ask that you hold off on shipping any items when this happens.
    Your selling pattern appears unusual or changed. An unusual sales activity includes: a recent spike in sales or a change in your average selling price, business platform or type of item being sold.
    You’re selling higher risk items. Higher risk items can include tickets, gift cards, consumer electronics, computers, and travel packages.

You can also read our User Agreement for more information on other holds and reserves we may place on your account.

How long PayPal holds your funds for.
By default, your funds will be held for 21 days. However, there are several things you can do to expedite this timeline.

What you can do to access your money sooner.
Assuming there are no issues with the order, you may be able to expedite the release of temporarily unavailable funds sooner than the scheduled 21 days by taking any of these actions from your PayPal account:

How can you prevent the delay of available funds?
There are four things you can do to help prevent a delay of available funds in the future:

1. Review the email we send and the alert in your account overview.

2. If a buyer pays you and the payment isn’t immediately available, we’ll notify you via an email titled “An important message about your PayPal balance” or via an alert in your Account Overview page. This email or alert will be the best source of information about why your payment isn’t available and what you may be able to do to prevent the delay of available funds in the future.

3. Prevent refunds, disputes, and chargebacks by:

Setting yourself up for success by posting actual photos and detailed, accurate descriptions of items so buyers know exactly what they’re getting.
    Being clear about shipping and handling time, costs, and methods; process orders promptly to avoid delays.
    Packing items carefully with appropriate, quality packing material, so customers receive the items in good condition.
    Uploading tracking information of our supported carriers or printing a USPS/UPS shipping label through PayPal.
    Clearly defining your return policy upfront to avoid problems later.

4. Communicate and work with your customers.

When customers contact you, do your best to be responsive and helpful. Working with customers early on can prevent a minor issue from ballooning into a much larger problem, and following the guidelines listed previously will help to reduce the number of buyer disputes, claims, and chargebacks. If you are involved in a buyer dispute, start working to resolve it right away. Frequent, honest, and open communication with the buyer via the Resolution Center can help clear up any misunderstanding.

5. Set up a customer service message.

Also, setting up a customer service message in the Resolution Center may help to prevent disputes. For example, if shipments will be delayed because of a hurricane in your region, letting the buyer know may answer their question and make a dispute unnecessary.

Selling on eBay.
If you sell on eBay, take a look at these eBay-specific tips for managing your seller performance rating.

You also have a limit of the amount of money you can withdraw to you bank account PER YEAR as an Individual.

Although between 2010 and 2012 I was registered as a Company, with a Company Number (in reality it was my personal financial number and Paypal accepted. Although now would be illegal and my account would be terminated if I don't show proof that I'm a business holder) and I remember that I didn't had neither the limitation of the money being put on hold for an amount of days nor even limit of the amount I could withdraw per year.

Currently I don't know, I didn't read the TOS for a while since I don't sell as much as before (to be sincere last year only sold 2 items, this year still didn't list any to be sold).

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:06:39 pm by Black Phoenix »

Offline mr.fabe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2019, 02:20:17 pm »
Well for sellers the money can't be withdraw or used for a while after being received if you are register as an Individual:
Not true.  I sell on ePray as an individual and when an item is purchased, I receive the funds immediately for use.. no holds.  As it states in the TOA/TOS, once you establish a little history, PP releases the hold restrictions.

As a buyer, I always establish a line of communication with the seller if I don't see tracking information / package movement.  By the time the package is due for delivery and has not arrived, I file a claim.  The claims gets resolved quickly.  In the case of fraudulent sellers, hijacked accounts, etc., I usually receive an email notification from ePray letting me know that there may be an issue with the transaction and the sale was canceled with the funds returned to my account immediately.

The following users thanked this post: Gandalf_Sr

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2019, 02:23:54 pm »
Yes, that's why I put the terms of service.

As I stated below, since I don't sell a lot nowadays, I have to wait until being able to get the funds.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2019, 02:29:40 pm »
Well I did try to establish a line of communication with the seller a few days back but he never responded.  The eBay listing said that the item should be delivered by yesterday which I assume is why today was the first day that I was offered the option to request a refund...

...which I did because the seller hadn't responded to me - at all.  That, finally, seemed to get a response from him.

Offline mr.fabe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2019, 02:31:10 pm »
There is a service available in the U.S. called Informed Delivery with the USPS.  If you signup for it, you will receive notifications of First Class mail and any package that is ship via USPS with a tracking number to your address.  I have been signed up for several years and it's a great feature that give you a pre-alert for all your mailings... expected or not.

Offline mr.fabe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2019, 02:35:03 pm »
Well I did try to establish a line of communication with the seller a few days back but he never responded.  The eBay listing said that the item should be delivered by yesterday which I assume is why today was the first day that I was offered the option to request a refund...

...which I did because the seller hadn't responded to me - at all.  That, finally, seemed to get a response from him.
If you feel the deal is shady, request a refund.  Whatever you do, never close the case if you opened one.  ePray will automatically close it once there is a resolution like forcing the seller to refund your money without his input if he ignores you.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2019, 03:16:43 pm »

If you feel the deal is shady, request a refund.  Whatever you do, never close the case if you opened one.  ePray will automatically close it once there is a resolution like forcing the seller to refund your money without his input if he ignores you.
Thanks for the advice, the case is still open.  Now it's up to the seller to actually ship me the item which he described as 'new', that could be a whole 'nother bag of shit.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2019, 04:18:02 pm »
Terry, Thanks for the words of sympathy, you're like my EE therapist  :-DD

I assume that the seller already got my money which left my account the day I made the purchase (10 days ago now) but, if rule was that the buyer didn't get the money until they shipped, then maybe they'd ship faster?

Ha ha! I just hope you get it now or at least your $'s back sharpish and you can get another 1 and enjoy it.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2019, 10:19:33 pm »
Well the seller has got waaaay more communicative since I agreed to give him until the end of the month to ship; he just messaged me to say that he is planning on sending it Tuesday or Wednesday this week.  The case I opened is still active.

I don't think an actual scammer would be this communicative; we'll see   :popcorn:

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2019, 11:04:15 pm »
Well the seller has got waaaay more communicative since I agreed to give him until the end of the month to ship; he just messaged me to say that he is planning on sending it Tuesday or Wednesday this week.  The case I opened is still active.

I don't think an actual scammer would be this communicative; we'll see   :popcorn:

I agree, but we'll see. I really hope he posts it.

Hopefully he lives up to his word and posts it for you.
If he posts it on Tuesday how long will that have been since you ordered it (and paid for it) till he posts it? You wonder what has taken him so long to get to the post office.

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2019, 12:13:01 am »
If he posts it on Tuesday how long will that have been since you ordered it (and paid for it) till he posts it? You wonder what has taken him so long to get to the post office.
I ordered an paid for it on Oct 17th; if posted on Tuesday, that will have been 12 days since the order was made.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2019, 06:42:44 am »
I ordered an paid for it on Oct 17th; if posted on Tuesday, that will have been 12 days since the order was made.

Unreal! I can't for the life of me think what would take anyone 2 weeks to get to a post office...

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2019, 12:11:08 am »
Hoo-fucking-ray! I got an email tonight saying my 289 has shipped!

Wonders never cease.

Offline dab147315Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2019, 02:28:39 am »
 :scared:

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2019, 07:02:09 am »
WOO-FUKING-HOO

At last!  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf