Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000  (Read 112283 times)

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2017, 12:48:43 pm »
I don't need serial decoding function now but it may be good to have it later. Will it be available for free for existing customers or there will be a charge to add this feature when it officially comes out?
it appears that nobody really knows. Maybe Micsig_support guy will give us some info about this matter in the near future.

What seems strange to me is that according to the updated table, the low/high-pass filtering is available on TO1074, which according to the Micsig's website is not.
I just found this post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/msg1183477/#msg1183477
So it seems that batronix didn't make a mistake.

If they allow people to try out the beta version of the decoding, perhaps it might be free? Or they just need beta testers.

The tBook mini is a 2nd generation of tBook. Only the mini has low/high-pass filtering as far as I know.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #201 on: July 03, 2017, 11:36:53 am »
I contacted Batronix.com support to ask about the upgrade possibilities for TO1074. Instead of giving me all the details they've updated their website to show what's available on which version. Sadly, the guy didn't provide me with the pricing and said that I need to contact their sales dept. And he couldn't tell me anything about the decoding feature availability as it's still in development.

https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Micsig-TO1104.html

What seems strange to me is that according to the updated table, the low/high-pass filtering is available on TO1074, which according to the Micsig's website is not.

pls contact Batronix, they will send you the price info. and Micsig can send you the bus decoding upgrade info if you need. But now it is the beta version of  serial bus decoding. .pls email to sales@micsig.com.

As I know until now. the bus decoding function is free to upgrade now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:33:59 am by Micsig_support »
JL

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2017, 06:33:32 pm »
Micsig kindly sent me a beta of the decode firmware, 6.11.1.245.

I suspect it's operator error, but I can't get the decode bus to display on the screen at all. It does trigger correctly. I've tried both UART and I2C, and I have the same behaviour.

Could anyone enlighten me?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:36:32 pm by Howardlong »

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2017, 06:50:07 pm »
Took me a while to figure out where it was, but displayed OK after that - haven't seen it display the UART labels on the right without also showing a trace.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Online Ivan7enych

• Regular Contributor
    • My astronomy projects
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2017, 06:56:28 pm »
I've got different firmware - 7.14.1.245(Beta)

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2017, 07:36:15 pm »

I believe there may be dependency derived from the serial number which I guess determines a hardware dependency, micsig asked me for my serial number and current firmware version before sending me a link to the firmware.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2017, 07:51:28 pm »

I believe there may be dependency derived from the serial number which I guess determines a hardware dependency, micsig asked me for my serial number and current firmware version before sending me a link to the firmware.
It took them about 3 attempts to send a version that my scope would recognise as a valid update file. They then sent a license key to activate. Don't have it in front of me but it is version 6. something
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2017, 08:22:53 pm »

It took them about 3 attempts to send a version that my scope would recognise as a valid update file. They then sent a license key to activate. Don't have it in front of me but it is version 6. something

Yes, I had a license key too.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2017, 10:28:04 pm »

Yes, I had a license key too.
Check the license key carefully.  I was entering mine and one of the digit looked like the number 1 but it was the letter I, so zoom if possible to a larger font and enter the code in the scope. 

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2017, 01:37:35 am »

I suspect it's operator error, but I can't get the decode bus to display on the screen at all. It does trigger correctly. I've tried both UART and I2C, and I have the same behaviour.

I guess they send them your firmware, no code.

The firmware you installed only have bus serial trigger function, and if you need the serial decoding, pls email them you have installed the beta version successfully.
JL

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2017, 05:42:44 am »

I guess they send them your firmware, no code.

The firmware you installed only have bus serial trigger function, and if you need the serial decoding, pls email them you have installed the beta version successfully.
It will be better to post a link to the firmware here on this forum instead of only providing a link to the firmware on request. I know it is still in beta but it is useable.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2017, 07:06:03 pm »
Hello, my TO1104 has arrived. After charging it for an entire night, I turned it on and entered the password for my wifi at home. Then, from the touch screen, I turned it off. Few hours later, I tried to turn it on but it does not seem to work.

When the power button was in blue and nothing on the screen, I pressed and released the power button quickly. A fully charged battery power symbol appeared briefly on the screen. Then, the screen turned blank. Power button is still in blue. I pressed and released the power button quickly. Again, a fully charged battery power symbol appeared briefly and the screen turned blank. I then pressed the power button for a few seconds and released. Micsig appeared on the screen and a battery charging animation showed up. Then, the screen turned blank. Pressing the power button again. A fully charged battery symbol appeared and the screen turned blank. I disconnected the power cable and pressed the power button. Then, the signals show up. What is happening? Do I have to disconnect the power for the scope to work?

Offline paul_ius

• Contributor
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2017, 08:15:34 pm »
Hello, my TO1104 has arrived. After charging it for an entire night, I turned it on and entered the password for my wifi at home. Then, from the touch screen, I turned it off. Few hours later, I tried to turn it on but it does not seem to work.

When the power button was in blue and nothing on the screen, I pressed and released the power button quickly. A fully charged battery power symbol appeared briefly on the screen. Then, the screen turned blank. Power button is still in blue. I pressed and released the power button quickly. Again, a fully charged battery power symbol appeared briefly and the screen turned blank. I then pressed the power button for a few seconds and released. Micsig appeared on the screen and a battery charging animation showed up. Then, the screen turned blank. Pressing the power button again. A fully charged battery symbol appeared and the screen turned blank. I disconnected the power cable and pressed the power button. Then, the signals show up. What is happening? Do I have to disconnect the power for the scope to work?
This sounds like a typical android phone/tablet behavior, that it is impossible to turn on while it's charging. I don't know what is running underneath micsig's interface, it may well be a modified android os. If it's anything like android, then it should keep on working after you turn it on and plug the power supply back in.

The following users thanked this post: fishandchips

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »

You can use the scope while the power cable is connected.  Just press the power button once and it should show the battery symbol and then continue waiting until all lights on the right panel blinks and then scope application will start.  I had a similar issue with my unit when I received it and maybe it is the anxiety of using it, but I pressed the power button several times and sometimes it remained off and sometimes it turned on, until I learned that I need to press it just once and wait.

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2017, 08:33:55 pm »

This sounds like a typical android phone/tablet behavior, that it is impossible to turn on while it's charging. I don't know what is running underneath micsig's interface, it may well be a modified android os. If it's anything like android, then it should keep on working after you turn it on and plug the power supply back in.

Thanks. After I had it running on battery for a while, I plugged in the power cord to the scope and it continued to work.

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2017, 08:46:53 pm »
Hello, to test my scope, I connected it to the function. I applied the same signal to each channel in turn. That is, connected the cable from the function generator to channel 1, pressed Auto and chose to measure amplitude and frequency, saved the screenshot. Then, moved on to the rest of the channels. I observed the following:

1. The measured amplitude and frequency are slightly different across the channels. Is this normal?
2. While the horizontal lines of the square wave on Channel 3 are straight and horizontal, those of Channel 4 are slightly tilted. The horizontal lines on Channel 1 are slightly tilted and not straight. In the case of Channel 2, the tilting is very bad. Anybody knows what is going on? Is there something wrong with my scope? I did not make any adjustment on the function generator while I did the testing. Thanks.

Screenshots

Channel 1: https://ibb.co/jqQe7v
Channel 2: https://ibb.co/hXP6nv
Channel 3: https://ibb.co/kioAEa
Channel 4: https://ibb.co/d8Wmnv
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:48:53 pm by fishandchips »

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2017, 08:52:02 pm »
Hello, to test my scope, I connected it to the function. I applied the same signal to each channel in turn. That is, connected the cable from the function generator to channel 1, pressed Auto and chose to measure amplitude and frequency, saved the screenshot. Then, moved on to the rest of the channels. I observed the following:

1. The measured amplitude and frequency are slightly different across the channels. Is this normal?
2. While the horizontal lines of the square wave on Channel 3 are straight and horizontal, those of Channel 4 are slightly tilted. The horizontal lines on Channel 1 are slightly tilted and not straight. In the case of Channel 2, the tilting is very bad. Anybody knows what is going on? Is there something wrong with my scope? I did not make any adjustment on the function generator while I did the testing. Thanks.

Screenshots

What cable are you using from the function generator to the scope?  If you are using the probes, you should compensate them first.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:55:28 pm by TK »

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2017, 09:21:12 pm »

Screenshots

What cable are you using from the function generator to the scope?  If you are using the probes, you should compensate them first.

I used a RadioShack RG-58 50 Ohm 6-FT BNC Cable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Foot-BNC-Coaxial-Cable-RG-58-50-Ohm-Male-Plug-to-Male-Plug-RadioShack-278-964/112466151053

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #218 on: July 07, 2017, 09:42:03 pm »
Let it warm for 30 mins and then run the Self Cal exactly as described in the manual.
Report back.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2017, 10:54:15 pm »
Let it warm for 30 mins and then run the Self Cal exactly as described in the manual.
Report back.

Thanks. Is there a manual which came with the scope? There is none in the box. I also cannot find it under their website:

http://www.micsig.com/html/list_35.html

Please post the link to download the manual. Thanks.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2017, 11:05:31 pm »

Screenshots

Channel 2 is on AC coupling and your square wave is 50Hz so what you see is normal because 50Hz is way below the minimal AC coupling frequency. Also the amplitude measurements seem OK. Expect an oscilloscope to be 3% accurate at best for amplitudes of signals in the audio frequency range.

When the power adapter is connected you have to press the power button twice. First to wake it up and then to switch it on. There is a short introduction slide show in the TO1000 itself. AFAIK a manual is work in progress.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:08:39 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2017, 12:05:01 am »
Report back.

Thanks. Is there a manual which came with the scope? There is none in the box. I also cannot find it under their website:

There is a starter guide in the scope itself.  Press the home button to get access to the manual and other applications.

Online alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2017, 12:22:35 am »
Channel 2 is on AC coupling and your square wave is 50Hz so what you see is normal because 50Hz is way below the minimal AC coupling frequency.
Is it really? I could not find the AC coupling lower frequency limit in either the manual or the datasheet, but that would surprise me. Usually the lower limit is well below 50 Hz (7 Hz in 1 MOhm mode on a random Tek scope). So much for using AC coupling to measure ripple, then.

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2017, 01:20:45 am »
Report back.

There is a starter guide in the scope itself.  Press the home button to get access to the manual and other applications.

Thanks. I know about the "Quick Start Guide" in the scope but is this the manual that tautech referred to? There is no mention about Self Cal in that guide. On p.18, there is a Probe Compensation page but I did not use the probe when I did the test. I just connected a Radio Shack cable from the Kenwood FG-273A function generator to the scope.

The manual in Chinese has 110 pages. I cannot find the English version.
http://www.micsig.com.cn/UploadFiles/Documents/mini/tBook-mini%E8%AF%B4%E6%98%8E%E4%B9%A6.pdf

Just curious, what is the reason for warming it for 30 minutes before doing Self Cal?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:32:13 am by fishandchips »

Offline hammy

• Supporter
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2017, 01:42:55 am »
The manual in Chinese has 110 pages. I cannot find the English version.

AFAIK there is no english manual. Just the starter guide.
If you need some explaination about the general usage of an oscilloscope, you could have a look for some application notes of other companies or manuals from other devices to get a grasp of the basic usage. (Or maybe Micsig support can provide something?  :-//)

There are also some books about "basic oscilloscope training" ...

HTH
hammy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf