Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000  (Read 113353 times)

Offline RF-Engineer

• Contributor
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2019, 12:54:28 pm »
It would be good if they changed the 4ms/div. to 5ms.div. and added a fine amplitude adjustment. :)

Doesn't that make the subtraction math function difficult?  For example, comparing the difference between two channels on an audio amplifier which first requires normalizing level between scope channels, then subtracting in math.   On a Tek analog scope, it's just a matter of adjusting the VAR knob on a channel's vertical amplitude.  Perhaps the Micsig math function can compensate for the level disparity? 

Paul

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2019, 03:13:30 pm »
It would be good if they changed the 4ms/div. to 5ms.div. and added a fine amplitude adjustment. :)

Doesn't that make the subtraction math function difficult?  For example, comparing the difference between two channels on an audio amplifier which first requires normalizing level between scope channels, then subtracting in math.   On a Tek analog scope, it's just a matter of adjusting the VAR knob on a channel's vertical amplitude.  Perhaps the Micsig math function can compensate for the level disparity? 

Paul

It appears there is no fine adjust on vertical or horizontal - latter is annoying when trying to get the most serial decode characters onscreen. the STO even has push-knobs for these functions but they don't do anything
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: pomonabill221

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2019, 09:58:56 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Howardlong, tsman, Technobabble_

Offline Igon

« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2019, 07:46:22 pm »
Some not a very good impressions about TO1152 scope..

I think I found another bug - triggers skips first appropriate condition and reacts only at second.
These can be seen at complex signals with repeat rate lower 5hz
At about 20hz and higher - trigger work as it should
Temporary solution - Normal mode / Single / N Edge with edge set to 1

Channels voltage range indication (font) can be bigger..
Unlike the other oscilloscopes channel biasing indication are completely absent (something like popup while moving channel up/down)
Also I think snap to grid(small) function can be useful (while up/down and left/right channel moving)

btw Our scopes has a 5ms range ..but only in High Capture Rate mode
I wonder why Micsig still not corrected this issue?

The following users thanked this post: pomonabill221

Offline maxwell3e10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2019, 08:22:09 pm »
The battery seemed to have stopped charging on my Micsig, after a little more than a year of light use. The battery icon is flashing. The scope works OK on the charger, but the connector is not very reliable, so once in a while it resets itself if jiggled. How long is warranty on the battery?

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #330 on: March 19, 2019, 02:10:29 am »
The battery seemed to have stopped charging on my Micsig, after a little more than a year of light use. The battery icon is flashing. The scope works OK on the charger, but the connector is not very reliable, so once in a while it resets itself if jiggled. How long is warranty on the battery?

can you send email to sales@micsig.com to describe your problem. Even your battery is out of warranty, and we will provide you a good support to do it.

Micsig battery quality is good, so I guess they can fix it for you.
JL

Offline Igon

« Reply #331 on: March 19, 2019, 06:58:10 am »

TO1104 with battery, the customer can get free bus decoding(5 kind, do not include 1553B and 429). pls send us your SN, then we will provide you the code.

Hello Micsig!

How about TO1152 with battery?

Micsig_support, are you there?

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2019, 06:22:56 am »

TO1104 with battery, the customer can get free bus decoding(5 kind, do not include 1553B and 429). pls send us your SN, then we will provide you the code.

Hello Micsig!

How about TO1152 with battery?

Micsig_support, are you there?

hello send me SN by message.
JL

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2019, 02:00:22 pm »
https://youtu.be/C7Ee0wYtAZY

Knobs. Sold.

I agree, I have a similar situation with the TO1000: it's only used rarely it takes me a while to reacquaint myself.

Regarding the BNC savers, the caps themselves I'm not too fussed about but the coloured rings (i.e., cutting off the cap part) might be useful when plugging in the right coloured probe into the right socket.

Offline RF-Engineer

• Contributor
« Reply #334 on: March 23, 2019, 02:09:24 pm »
A word of caution: I just purchased a Micsig TO1104 tablet scope.  While the scope is working fine, The mating PSU is noisy as Hell and affects display traces.  Sure, I can disconnect the PSU and run on battery, but the PSU should be of high enough quality that it's commensurate with the 500 uV/div spec of the scope.

I went through four switching PSUs of different brands before I found one with switching noise low enough that measurements aren't affected.  It's a GlobTek 12V/5.0A PSU purchased from DigiKey.  It's the 2.1mm connector version, not 2.5mm. Price was about $20 USD.

Please Micsig, start supplying low-noise PSUs with your scopes.

Paul

The following users thanked this post: martinot

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #335 on: March 23, 2019, 02:25:46 pm »
mikeselectricstuff shows the 500uV range but it looks like it's running on battery at that point.
https://youtu.be/DNou_H-kHZY?t=3056
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #336 on: March 23, 2019, 04:23:12 pm »
For info, I ordered from Telonic, but I'd check with them as their concept of "in stock" is not the same as mine. Turns out it's a couple of weeks for delivery, which sounds to me like their stock's still in China.

Offline pomonabill221

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2019, 04:30:17 pm »
I agree... PLUS when you want to print the capture, TONS of toner/ink get used up!

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2019, 07:55:46 pm »
BTW, it seems there is no sleep function anymore :(. I often run the scope from battery, for me this function was useful.

Offline maxwell3e10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2019, 06:05:21 am »
The problem was that the Li-ion cells have "fallen asleep". I was able to recharge them by desoldering and connecting to a separate power supply. Now it recharges itself fine again.

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2019, 01:32:50 am »
Due to some family stuff I am spending a lot more time on the bench than on the road and my Micsig is still my daily driver scope. Bench space is at a premium no matter how much you have so I have had it sitting on a shelf above the bench making the viewing angle with the stock bail less than ideal.

I started sketching these mounts in Fusion very early in the learning phase and put them in the to hard basket at the time due to all the off angles breaking the model. Sometime later and a few more skills gained and I now have what I want a more vertical screen and a securely held Scope.

It sits the Scope on the flats of the Case and even on the bench it would still be very hard to pull it over forward (battery version). Easy to screw to a shelf or even fix to wall mount brackets or even just sit it in a narrower form at the rear of the bench. The left side is long for zero chance of it being pulled forward if screwed in place.

STL's are in the Zip file and if anyone has any suggestions let me know. Easy print on their side no supports needed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:51:35 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: exe, Synthtech

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2019, 10:26:49 am »
Thanks, @beanflying! I'll give it a try. Although, I may need an almost vertical position for my bench...
An alternative could a sort of stand extention. But, as it approaches vertical, it may need some support in front to mitigate potential front flip.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2019, 10:40:37 am »
It finishes up at just under 100mm front top back including the feet. Stock is just under 150mm by comparison with the bail out. I will see if I can run you up a short vertical version without breaking the model.  Best guess is it will get back to 60-70mm :-// Problem is with all of the odd angles going change one and kaboom  :palm:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2019, 11:06:07 am »
Not as painful as expected. One Beer and about 20 minutes.  :phew:

Basically cut off the rear section and put them in high heels and redid most of the fillets that broke. 70mm front to back.

The following users thanked this post: hammy, exe

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #344 on: June 26, 2019, 08:11:02 pm »
The Micsig has an external power jack normally used for a 12V power adapter.
It actually runs fine from an external 7.2V NiMh pack on that power jack, drawing around 1.5A.
Handy to know if you need a backup battery.

Edit:
I should mention the above is true when the internal battery is disconnected.
Haven't tried this while the internal battery is connected.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:50:47 pm by voltsandjolts »

The following users thanked this post: Synthtech

Offline Hexel

« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2019, 05:56:53 pm »
Hello! Dear Micsig, I need to clarify some issue with HDMI. I`ve bought TO1104 some time ago and after hooking wifi connection, it requested an update. I said Yes. For now, it have no HDMI output, while seller ensured me that option is included and he checked it before sending. I beleive option might be lost after update, because standby function disappeared after that. How I can check, is HDMI option really included and fix this issue?
Hope for you help

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2019, 09:31:17 am »
Hexel I'd say contact the seller and or Micsig directly. They are not very active here, unfortunately.

Offline Wigo

• Contributor
« Reply #347 on: July 18, 2019, 10:27:45 am »
As i am considering the Micsig as a daily driver, i wanted to ask if it is capable of being a daily driver or if it is to limited in functions. I refer to the micsig homepage where they state that it does not have the same capabilities as other scopes. So what is your expierience with it?

Personally i really like the capability to unplug it and take it with me if i have to take meassurements "in the field"

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #348 on: July 18, 2019, 10:30:02 am »
It is very useable as a daily scope, but I'd reccommend the STO1104 as it has knobs, so more like a conventional scope.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #349 on: July 18, 2019, 11:00:33 am »
As i am considering the Micsig as a daily driver, i wanted to ask if it is capable of being a daily driver or if it is to limited in functions.
Personally i really like the capability to unplug it and take it with me if i have to take measurements "in the field"

I haven't got one, but quite like them...
There's no fine Y (or X) amplitude adjustment.
No EXTtrig input even on the 2 CH versions.
The 5ms/div speed is 4ms/div when not using waveform averaging.
Seems to be some confusion on how well the sleep mode works.
I don't know what they're like used in single shot modes.

mikeselectricstuff's videos on it are quite good to show the basics of it working.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:03:58 am by StillTrying »
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf