Author Topic: Sniffing the Rigol's internal I2C bus  (Read 1840845 times)

Offline Rigol-Friend

• Contributor
Re: Sniffing the Rigol's internal I2C bus
« Reply #1825 on: December 10, 2013, 06:25:53 am »
Gaijin:

THANKS A LOT, very good !       :clap:
My english is VERY poor, sorry. I learned in school, about more than 55 years ago.

But I'am a happy owner of Rigol DSA815-TG with all options + DS2302 (was DS2072) + DG4202 (was DG4062)
Mega thanks to the developers of the key-generator ! Especially to CYBERNET with his brilliant brain !

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1826 on: December 10, 2013, 06:37:38 am »
Hi,

please, can anybody give me the SCPI commands for switching the input impedance to 50 ohms and back to 1 Megaohms of the DS2072?

:CHAN1:IMP OMEG
:CHAN1:IMP FIFTY

Does it exist an cheatsheet for such commands?

Offline gaijin

• Contributor
« Reply #1827 on: December 10, 2013, 07:20:45 am »
There is a programming guide that lists the SCPI commands.
It's in a pdf on the cd that comes with the scope
or it's here:
rigol.com/download/Oversea/DS/Programming_guide/DS2000_ProgrammingGuide_EN.pdf
It doesn't list the option to change the input impedance, the guide made before the ds2000A.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1828 on: December 10, 2013, 08:30:20 am »
yes, I downloaded the version for 2000A, but it's 648 pages long, an cheatsheet could be an compilation of the most usefull stuff.. ;)
this thread is way to long to find the nifty pieces now, i have tried a couple of times to go through it.

Offline fcab100

« Reply #1829 on: December 10, 2013, 08:51:12 am »
No 50Ohm option here with DSHH. It's still gray out.

wonder What 0x1C020 actually does

ds2072 hw 2

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1830 on: December 10, 2013, 09:26:20 am »
@Cybernet   Great Work, 2 cases of Radler for you!   :-+   :-+
Could the CAN decoding feature be in the GEL also??

Yes He CAN!!!
Fricking Amazing Cybernet  Great Work,
3 more cases of Radler for you!   :-+   :-+

Of coarse, Rigol will be offering Cybernet a contract to Encrypt the next Firmware

IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline Marchello

• Contributor
« Reply #1831 on: December 10, 2013, 09:37:10 am »
Now i have DS2302! (in his youth he was a DS2072)

Thanks Cybernet!

Offline cybernet

• Regular Contributor
  • pm deactivated, use the search function ...
« Reply #1832 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:14 am »
@Cybernet   Great Work, 2 cases of Radler for you!   :-+   :-+
Could the CAN decoding feature be in the GEL also??

Yes He CAN!!!
Fricking Amazing Cybernet  Great Work,
3 more cases of Radler for you!   :-+   :-+

Of coarse, Rigol will be offering Cybernet a contract to Encrypt the next Firmware

that goes to zombie28 because he noticed the obsfuscation of keys - the rest was just stupid function name mapping from one version to another and following the trails to the option codes.
i already saw the difference between ds2000a and ds2000 - same keys are used, but the inital epoint_set functionn uses (x,x,0,g) instead of (x,y,0,g) as arguments - doesnt make a difference in the rikey.c,
so im not sure whats going on (my math skills again ...  :palm:) - jtag dump from a ds2000a would be useful.
RTS;

Offline A Hellene

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1833 on: December 10, 2013, 11:36:09 am »
Kudos, people!

This is what team-work can do!
These are the benefits of the 'us' mentality versus the 'I' mentality!
Kudos to every individual who has been involved in this project!
Also, shame to every one of them for temping me to throw some more cash in to that market (which is killing our market)! :P

Let me throw my two cents in, by treating the thread with some food for thought:

There is an Actel ProASIC3 FPGA on board, hardwired to a twenty-slot ten-resistors network. This resistor network probably constitutes some kind of a revision number word, with each resistor pulling up or down a certain data line if the data word is ten-bits long, or leaving that line tri-stated also if the data word is twenty-bits long. This data word is --most probably-- read by the aforementioned FPGA and reported to the main processor.

This might not be easily spotted in the firmware disassembly listings because that data word is not read by the processor's I/O ports directly, but by the FPGA I/Os and reported via some (DMA, most likely) channel data burst, since the specific FPGA in question seems to be some kind of external memory manger accessing the Spansion FLASH boot and data storage memory chip.

Though I have not yet seen what's inside the DS2000 firmware (nor do I own a DS2000 unit in order to investigate it any further) I would consider the possibility of the FW actively reading that hardware jumpers revision word existing on the PCB in order to decide whether it should enable certain functions (like the 50 Ohm one, for example) or not.

If this is true, it could make it possible for the end user to be reverting their hardware on demand between the various revisions (i.e. non-A/A/AS or whatever) by just modifying the PCB revision number word jumpers (by adding in or by removing the jumper-resisrors that correspond to the data word bits).

-George
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:12:48 pm by A Hellene »
Hi! This is George; and I am three and a half years old!
(This was one of my latest realisations, now in my early fifties!...)

Offline cosmos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1834 on: December 10, 2013, 11:47:29 am »

There is an Actel ProASIC3 FPGA on board, hard wired to a twenty-slot ten-resistors network. This resistor network probably constitutes some kind of a revision number word, with each resistor pulling up or down a certain data line if the data word is ten-bits long, or leaving that line tri-stated also if the data word is twenty-bits long. This data word is --most probably-- read by the aforementioned FPGA and reported to the main processor.

In the ds4k these straps are marked, and they correspond to the reported extended revision number.
Changing the straps had no immediate effect on the BW in a ds4k.
It appears that the proASIC is the same or nearly the same s in the ds2k.

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1835 on: December 10, 2013, 11:51:41 am »
No 50Ohm option here with DSHH. It's still gray out.

wonder What 0x1C020 actually does

ds2072 hw 2

If the DS2000A series has the 50 Ohm as standard, it would not make sense to have an option code for that.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline zombie28

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1836 on: December 10, 2013, 11:53:14 am »
i already saw the difference between ds2000a and ds2000 - same keys are used, but the inital epoint_set functionn uses (x,x,0,g) instead of (x,y,0,g) as arguments - doesnt make a difference in the rikey.c,
so im not sure whats going on (my math skills again ...  :palm:) - jtag dump from a ds2000a would be useful.

For a given elliptic curve and a given value of x, there are at most two values of y that match this curve (let's call them y0 and y1). So to define some point on the curve you need to provide either both coordinates (x, y) or a value of x and a single bit (0 or 1) telling which value of y you chose. In the latter case the actual value of y will be computed by epoint_set function (it's called point decompression). When you call epoint_set(x,x,0,g), then you will get g = (x,y0), when you call epoint_set(x,x,1,g), then you will get g = (x,y1), and when you call epoint_set(x,y,0,g), then you will get g = (x,y), but y must be either y0 or y1 to match the curve.

Offline A Hellene

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1837 on: December 10, 2013, 12:09:52 pm »
In the ds4k these straps are marked, and they correspond to the reported extended revision number.
Thank you for the information. Does the DS4k line have any hardware revisions (other than the basic one) with extended functionality, like the DS2kA and DS2kAS for example?

In the DS1002 line, the corresponding stage is the Lattice MachXO CPLD (which I called a LUT because it is not exactly a CPLD or an FPGA, but something in between).

-George

Offline Maurizio

• Contributor
« Reply #1838 on: December 10, 2013, 12:17:17 pm »
thetooth that is the same as the latest non A firmware, so either Rigol gave you the wrong firmware or they are going to use the same firmware for both the A and non A scopes.  Probably they gave you the wrong one though as your scope shows something newer - I wouldn't load it!

Also, it isn't a rar but a zip you've attached.
yeah i gathered, also funnily enough the rigol rep sent me the image as a jpg file with instructions to rename it since he seemed to think it would be eaten.

I sent an email back to ask if they were sure this was for the A version so might see something new after all.

That sure did take a few attempts, i think the threshold is about 500ms lel

As reference, if it helps, these are the long infos from my brand new ds2102A just arrived last week.
All infos are the same of the picture of Thetooth except of the model name.
Only my 2 cents.

Maurizio

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1839 on: December 10, 2013, 12:19:08 pm »
Thank you for the information. Does the DS4k line have any hardware revisions (other than the basic one) with extended functionality, like the DS2kA and DS2kAS for example?
There's both a DS4000 and a MSO4000 HW version. MSO4000 is just a DS4000 with buil-in 16-bit logic analyzer.

Offline A Hellene

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1840 on: December 10, 2013, 12:27:45 pm »
There's both a DS4000 and a MSO4000 HW version. MSO4000 is just a DS4000 with buil-in 16-bit logic analyzer.
Thank you. I suppose that both of these lines share the same PCB, since this way cuts the development and production costs dramatically.

-George

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1841 on: December 10, 2013, 12:32:57 pm »
Thank you. I suppose that both of these lines share the same PCB, since this way cuts the development and production costs dramatically.

-George
Yes I believe it's the same PCB, just with or without the extra LA components being mounted, and maybe a jumper to tell if it's a DS or MSO version.

Offline A Hellene

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1842 on: December 10, 2013, 12:39:32 pm »
This is exactly what my previous thought was based on.

-George

Offline NikWing

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1843 on: December 10, 2013, 12:49:04 pm »
hey all :)

I've just started reading this thread from the beginning. You're really great, wow :)
Thanks to everyone who contributed :)

I'm going to order a DS2102A-S later today or tomorrow, and after reading a bit here I just want to be really sure not to do something wrong.
So please tell me, if I order the 100 MHz DSO, will it be possible to unlock it to 300 MHz?
Despite it has the generator inside, it should be possible to find a way to unlock the other features?

That would really help me.
I also pondered just getting a 2102A without the generator and get a stand-alone device later. But since the A-S versions have one built-in (although it's just 25 MHz), it wouldn't take up extra space etc ...
That's why I'm still not sure if I do the right thing ^^;

Thanks!

Offline cosmos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1844 on: December 10, 2013, 12:51:23 pm »

In the DS1002 line, the corresponding stage is the Lattice MachXO CPLD (which I called a LUT because it is not exactly a CPLD or an FPGA, but something in between).

-George

My ds4k have the same strapping as in the picture and the scope reports extended HW version number: 0.1.2.3 (same access to extended info as on a ds2k).
This corresponds to the straps at the top "xx.xx" being 01.10 (1.2) and the strap field below being 011 (.3) .
Not sure if the singel "ch" strap is the first digit (0.), but it would not be surprising.
Makes me wonder if "ch" relates to the number of scope channels.
Someone with a two channel DS4000 might want to report what number they have.

The LA on MSO4000 looks to be plugged into a connector (not mounted in DS4000) next to the lone (display handling?) FPGA near the Blackfin.
There is a cut out in the PCB with mechanical supports for the probe connector on the front.
Presumably there is a LA board in between with some FPGA on it.

EDIT. 
Got info from DS4012 owner,  he have HW version number: 1.1.1.3 
so that looks like it confirms that first digit is 4ch/2ch indication. as the "ch" note on the PCB also suggested.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:50:33 pm by cosmos »

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1845 on: December 10, 2013, 12:53:39 pm »
I'm going to order a DS2102A-S later today or tomorrow, and after reading a bit here I just want to be really sure not to do something wrong.
So please tell me, if I order the 100 MHz DSO, will it be possible to unlock it to 300 MHz?
No, the A versions has not been hacked yet.

Offline A Hellene

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1846 on: December 10, 2013, 01:08:18 pm »
Not sure if the singel "ch" strap is the first digit (0.), but it would not be surprising.
Makes me wonder if "ch" relates to the number of scope channels.
*grin*

The LA on MSO4000 looks to be plugged into a connector (not mounted in DS4000) next to the lone (display handling?) FPGA near the Blackfin.
There is a cut out in the PCB with mechanical supports for the probe connector on the front.
Presumably there is a LA board in between with some FPGA on it.
It seems to be the same design strategy to the older DS1002E/DS1002D models line, which share the same exactly PCB that has headers to carry the 'optional' logic analyzer add-on board the D models include. There are two slightly different firmware update versions though, one for the E model and one for the D one, since there are no HW revision selection switches (the populated/unpopulated resistors network) on board.

-George

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1847 on: December 10, 2013, 01:14:03 pm »
No, the A versions has not been hacked yet.

but according to recent finds, one should think that is matter of minutes if just someone do an jtag dump of an A serie..
I'm definately going for the A(with s), but 100 or 200... that's the question..

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1848 on: December 10, 2013, 03:16:35 pm »
Cybernet has done it, again! *ole*  :-+

Now I'm very busy and I can't test anything (check the BW for example).

Anyway. How is the new table?

Code table: Use DSAx for a official key, and use VSAx for a trial key.

x  200, 100, Mem, Dec, Trig

A   none
B   ==   ==   ==   ==   on
C   ==   ==   ==   on   ==
D   ==   ==   ==   on   on
E   ==   ==   on   ==   ==
F   ==   ==   on   ==   on
G   ==   ==   on   on   ==
H   ==   ==   on   on   on

Note: keys A..H wont change the model, only ADD an option.

2102:

J   ==   on   ==   ==   ==   
K   ==   on   ==   ==   on
L   ==   on   ==   on   ==
M   ==   on   ==   on   on
N   ==   on   on   ==   ==
P   ==   on   on   ==   on
Q   ==   on   on   on   ==
R   ==   on   on   on   on   <-  All 2102

2202:

S   on   ==   ==   ==   ==   
T   on   ==   ==   ==   on
U   on   ==   ==   on   ==
V   on   ==   ==   on   on
W   on   ==   on   ==   ==
X   on   ==   on   ==   on
Y   on   ==   on   on   ==
Z   on   ==   on   on   on   <-  All 2202

DONT USE BELOW Not recommended, as activates 2102 and also 2202:

2   on   on   ==   ==   ==
3   on   on   ==   ==   on
4   on   on   ==   on   ==
5   on   on   ==   on   on
6   on   on   on   ==   ==
7   on   on   on   ==   on
8   on   on   on   on   ==
9   on   on   on   on   on
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1849 on: December 10, 2013, 03:25:45 pm »
I guess I'm not following everything here, has a key been generated that works on an A model yet?

Also, does anyone know HOW the keyboard connects to the blackfin, what pins/registers/interface?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf