Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1444996 times)

Offline petemnu

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #650 on: June 25, 2012, 05:28:14 pm »
hello all my name is pete
  ive been into ham radio for many years  and enjoy kit building ect
 electronics is a never ending learning curve always something new on the horizon
it will always be here to enjoy

Offline haggy38

• Contributor
« Reply #651 on: June 26, 2012, 04:42:38 am »
Hola,

My name is Gustavo, I'm been looking Dave's videos since the beginning, I'm civil engineer, but I always like electronics, just taking apart every toy my parents gave me. Im trying to learn backwards, I bought all the lab equipment . Oscilloscopes, bench multimeters, power supplies, etc and have no idea how to use it, but willing to learn. I live in Bogota Colombia.

Regards,
Gustavo

Offline vk3pb

• Contributor
« Reply #652 on: June 30, 2012, 03:19:45 am »
Hi all

Peter, VK3PB from the vidcast 'Amateurlogic' just dropping by. Enjoy the show very much.

cheers Peter

Offline Pirate_Pete

« Reply #653 on: July 01, 2012, 04:07:44 am »
Hi All

Im Pete a spakie with 30 years experience & am looking for the diagram for an Electronics  Australia Dual Tracking Power Supply that I built at Tafe 25 years ago when I did electronics as an add on to  my trade.

After all these years the Positive side of the supply is at full supply voltage. The Negative side still tracks as it should.

There is a 1 ohm 5 watt resistor in the output side as part of the over current feed back that has failed on the positive rail that I have replaced but  the problem must be before the resistor & I need the diagram to get my rusty brain around electronics after too many years of not needing to use it. 

Offline Strada916

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #654 on: July 01, 2012, 01:35:48 pm »
G'Day My name is Nick. I live in Perth WA and have an education in Electronics, however I work in mining as a Geology Technician. See you around and I hope to make some contributions to the forum.

Strada916
The Bone, the Off-White, the Ivory or the Beige?

Offline Strada916

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #655 on: July 01, 2012, 01:40:47 pm »
Hi All

Im Pete a spakie with 30 years experience & am looking for the diagram for an Electronics  Australia Dual Tracking Power Supply that I built at Tafe 25 years ago when I did electronics as an add on to  my trade.

After all these years the Positive side of the supply is at full supply voltage. The Negative side still tracks as it should.

There is a 1 ohm 5 watt resistor in the output side as part of the over current feed back that has failed on the positive rail that I have replaced but  the problem must be before the resistor & I need the diagram to get my rusty brain around electronics after too many years of not needing to use it.

If you email Silicon Chip they have all the EA back catalogue. Or you can vist your reference library and they should have a copy of the magazine under journals

S
The Bone, the Off-White, the Ivory or the Beige?

Offline Fluxed Matter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #656 on: July 02, 2012, 01:39:36 am »
I just wanted to say Hi! to everyone. I have been here reading and lurking every since I discovered one of Dave’s videos. I love them, and have watched many of them, but still have many more to watch. I been saying to my wife “Don’t turn on, take it apart!” every time we purchase something new. She doesn’t understand, but I love her anyways!  ;D So I thought it was time I joined the forum and refresh my skills and hopefully even learn more from the good folks here and maybe contribute someday.

About me, I work in the Capital of Silicon Valley, or in of its suburbs, and have just renewed my interest in hobby electronics. I have a degree in Electronic Engineering Technology and work now as an Equipment Engineer. I get very little chance now to do any serious electronics work these days other than solder out and in a new cap or two. Most of the time, we just swap the board out after we troubleshoot the problem because machine downtime is critical when working in a fab. So back to my hobby now, I am currently working on a couple of projects. One is a variation of Dave’s bench PSU and the other is his current dummy load. I have been working on these since I watched all the videos about the build on the blog here, and I am now trying to gather the parts for each project. At the same time I have been try to gather the minimum equipment necessary to pursue my hobby. Recently I pick up a scope and bench supply both used really cheap, the scope was $30 and the supply cost me $75, tax free and you gotta love that here in the States especially Cali. 8) I guess I can explain more about these in another post and also my attempts to put together a small workbench in the corner of the garage, and with pictures too. Type at you later.

Have a great day!
Fluxed Matter
Have a Great Day!
Fluxed Matter

Offline ItchyTasty42

« Reply #657 on: July 02, 2012, 03:41:15 pm »
Hey all, my name is Tom, and I been into electronics and electricity since I was about 11(28 now). 
I did an electronics college course many years ago when I was about 17-18 can't remember if it was btech or GNVQ; as it axed at the last minute.
I learnt a bit from that, but know much more from the electronics books I bought myself though.

Offline Banjax

« Reply #658 on: July 04, 2012, 01:26:41 am »
Hi guys, and girls!
I'm from Peterborough in the U.K.
Aged 45, I'm currently unemployed but was an alarm and CCTV engineer for past 18 years.
Previous to that an electronics engineer and semi-skilled coil winder/transformer builder.

Hope to meet you all on here soon.
All the best to you guys.

Ian.

Offline Simman

• <Text>
« Reply #659 on: July 04, 2012, 04:16:43 am »
Hello, I'm Daniel and I'm 19.

After watching bunches of Videos on the Arduino platform I decided to buy one. Eventually
I stumbled upon Daves vids and have decided to pick up Electronics. Oh man...

I have absolutely no background in this stuff at all ;D. Most I had ever done was see my Cousins
soldering iron (It was cold :P) when I was like 11...hadn't a clue what it was for.

I've manged to build a Digital thermometer so far on a breadboard (really just followed a schematic
and removed the pot for contrast..I think its unnecessary really..) and am hoping to make myself
a bench Power supply once my Multimeter comes in. Just a little worried about playing with Mains
(since I was always taught it was dangerous).

~Simman
This is a signature.

Uncle Vernon

« Reply #660 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:01 am »
Just a little worried about playing with Mains
(since I was always taught it was dangerous).

~Simman

It is, but then so is driving a car. Get either wrong and friends and family get to run up their account at the florist. But with the right advice and assistance both can be done safely and in most cases legally. Welcome to the world of electronics.

Offline ninjasoar

« Reply #661 on: July 04, 2012, 07:54:02 pm »
Hi all,

Another new undergrad goes into the eevblog bag. I am studying electronics in Southampton,UK and am basically from India. I enjoy building stuff, I also like sharing it with others and checking out their stuff and I feel these threads are the best place to do it.

My recent project was this Portable Digital Oscilloscope: Portoscope, kind of like DSO nano, but I tried to improve on it and some others. You can view source, schematic, PCB and some information on http://sonirajan.com/tag/portoscope/

-ninjasoar: Rajan Soni, get it??

Offline OndraSter

• Contributor
« Reply #662 on: July 05, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »
Hello fellow designers, engineers, electricians, and the rest of you too!

I am Andrew and I come from Czech Republic (that little country which is listed as "CZECHOSLOVAKIA" in some list here! :o). I am done with middle (high) school, now going to university, my field is "Computer Engineering", which should target stuff as FPGA, micros, ...

So far my projects ended up usually only on breadboards, some prototypes on home made PCBs (single sided only) and the last project was bigger - 32x48 bi-color LED field communicating through USB with PC. (Atmega in that.)

I am an AVR8 guy, fan of AT(X)mega series, my next project involves one of them (namely ATXmega256A3U).

Oh and "what I don't write or design I don't trust". Even if it was supposed to cost me more than using already made solution! Where is the learning process in that! ;D
XBoard coco. When Arduino is not enough!

(Website + first sampled boards coming in August.)

Offline HardBoot

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2012, 04:44:29 am »
Hi bros, I'm a guy who likes tinkering and making random gadgets of questionable usefulness.
I don't like breadboards or board soldering much, I like wire wrap and dead bug.
I've used micros and fpga a bit, but mostly play with discreet.

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2012, 11:54:30 pm »
My name is Reg.  I'm getting back to playing w/ electronics, radio in particular, after a 15 year hiatus.  Professional background is geophysics, so strong DSP and computer skills.  Electronics is all self taught, but I've got plenty of math & physics that crosses over. I've also got a strong appreciation of how and why lumped constant approximations break down ;-)

Offline dbinokc

• Contributor
« Reply #665 on: July 08, 2012, 01:53:25 pm »
Greetings all. I have been a long time viewer of the EEVBlog on youtube. I have been an electronics hobbyist since I was a teenager. I had a choice of going physics or EE, but chose physics. My day job is a programmer(so I obviously was not a very good physicist LOL )

I tinker around in a wide variety of electronics and mechanical projects.
Recent activity has been in 3D printing, getting started in metalcasting and
experimenting with the RTLSDR which is a software defined radio.

Offline JuiceKing

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #666 on: July 10, 2012, 02:06:23 am »
Hi, my name is Ken. I'm been in the software business for 25+ years and have a fair amount of software engineering experience including embedded system work and digital design. I've been an electronics hobbyist since teenage years, and am getting back into it now with a desire and determination to understand well what has too long been  too vague an idea of exactly what goes on in analog circuits. This is a great place to learn and share experience.

Offline trahloc

« Reply #667 on: July 12, 2012, 05:19:05 am »
Dario from California, computer guy who decided to start playing with Arduinos and ended up running across Dave's blog.

Offline Smilinvamp

• Electronics Technologist
« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2012, 07:47:58 pm »
ME?

We'll I'm Richard from Canada... I've been working for about 15 years as an Electronics Technologist.
How've you been?

Offline mazza85

« Reply #669 on: July 14, 2012, 12:27:20 pm »
Hello guys,
I'm Matteo from Italy. I have an high school degree in electronics and a bachelor's in mechanical engineering. After buying an arduino board and tinkering with it, my interest in electronic. I came across this great forum after watching some of Dave's  amazing videos.

Offline kmmankad

« Reply #670 on: July 14, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »
I'm Kartik,currently studying Electronics Engineering in BITS Pilani University,India.My projects so far have been on the microcontroller side of things and I favor Cypress Semiconductors PSoC3/5 chips for the same.I blog at http://kmmankad.blogspot.com and maintain my code at https://github.com/kmmankad .

My recent most project is a internet connected temperature sensor based on the PSoC3 and ENC28J60,for which I wrote the network stack on my own(with help from online sources and RFCs etc. of course.) and designed the PSoC3 PCB (my first :) ),which the great folks at dangerousprototypes graciously offered to get fabricated for me.
Link to a picture of the finished product - https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-yVUwTxl_53Y/T_7YtgEsRoI/AAAAAAAAAr8/UF3d4vqOyGk/s800/EzPSoC3_Webbie.jpg

Offline kgavionics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #671 on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:01 am »
Hi my name is kais and i'm student in avionics in Montreal.I love electronics and aviation of course.I'm interested in all kind how electronic devices works...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Ketturi

• Regular Contributor
    • Ketturi Electronics
« Reply #672 on: July 15, 2012, 09:43:16 am »
Hello, my name is Ketturi or Henri and I'm self learned electronics enthusiast/hobbyist from Finland. I am studying in final year at high school/secondary school. I'm interested in electronic design and repairing, from new hi-tech technology to old vintage tube electronics. Recently i have been playing with AVRs and older microprocessors and prototyping my nixie tube clock combining old and new technology.

I have blog but it is Finnish only, and even tough I am going to translate it, it can take a long time. I also have gallery which is Finnish only too, but google translate can almost make it readable.  I am also photographer and i have pictures at deviantart.

Well, I hope I'm welcome.
Ketturi electronics: http://ketturi.kapsi.fi

Offline jnorth

« Reply #673 on: July 16, 2012, 07:05:46 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm James. I live in the UK and work at a small electronics design company as a software engineer.

Offline box_of_rain_s4

« Reply #674 on: July 16, 2012, 10:34:18 pm »
Greetings from the U.S.  I have been following Dave for a long time, and a huge fan of his and the community.  I am a maintenance tech. in a small factory.  I have been studying electronics and software design for 5 years or so now. I design industrial automation controls as a hobby. I also build large scale ROV's.. Thanks Dave! thanks everyone!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf