Author Topic: uRuler  (Read 205354 times)

Offline czdt8m

• Contributor
Re: uRuler
« Reply #525 on: November 21, 2013, 10:28:56 am »
uRulers arrived, Belgium.
The postage stamp is not from Sweden, but the logo on the postage stamp indicates that it was sent with "Emirates post" (http://www.epg.gov.ae/).
As far as I can tell the "Emirates post" only has post offices in the United Arab Emirates...
So some from Sweden, some from Singapore and now UAE.
With no apparent logic as to which are sent from where.  :wtf:
Software Engineer looking over the fence.

Offline Legit-Design

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #526 on: November 21, 2013, 10:43:05 am »
uRulers arrived, Belgium.
The postage stamp is not from Sweden, but the logo on the postage stamp indicates that it was sent with "Emirates post" (http://www.epg.gov.ae/).
As far as I can tell the "Emirates post" only has post offices in the United Arab Emirates...
With no apparent logic as to which are sent from where.  :wtf:

Maybe they were using this as a test bed for future shipping, now they have all this data collected by us for free. Next time they should apply some common sense, like shipping from Sweden to neighboring countries, not from half wold away. I would be happy if my parcels and letters came from Singapore, preferably with added tracking number so I don't have wait and pray. Usually Chinese/Hong kong ebay sellers offer Singapore post option, since it seems to be fastest and less prone to customs hang up.

However I'm happy I received my rulers in reasonable time, these still arrived relatively quickly comparing to my experiences, some things from china/hong kong have never arrived. (but I got my money back from ebay)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:45:46 am by Legit-Design »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #527 on: November 21, 2013, 11:08:43 am »
You forgot New Zealand!

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #528 on: November 21, 2013, 12:15:59 pm »
Latvia 33% completed. They are really nice but I noticed that 2 of the 5 have small defect. Also routing registration against pad position is much worse than on other 3 which is almost perfect.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:54:16 pm by wraper »

Offline Gromitt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #529 on: November 21, 2013, 03:55:23 pm »
Emirates Post logo:

And Latvia got theirs from Singapore!

/stefan
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:56:56 pm by Gromitt »

Offline Kremmen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #530 on: November 21, 2013, 04:06:14 pm »
This is a list of countries who have not received them yet, as far as I can gather:
SUOMI

If you have received in one of those countries listed, please report in.

You probasbly didn't realize, but that is what people of Finland call Finland: Suomi.
In many lists-of-countries "Finland" is politely "translated" but doesn't necessarily connect for people from elsewhere.
So at least 2 reports, mine and Jahonen's (was there someone else as well, i seem to recall...)
Nothing sings like a kilovolt.
Dr W. Bishop

Offline flolic

• Frequent Contributor
    • http://filiplolic.com/
« Reply #531 on: November 21, 2013, 05:28:48 pm »
Croatia! :)

Offline blueduck

« Reply #532 on: November 21, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »
Great Scott! Finally the uRulers arrived in Austria.

Crazy... Postage from Taiwan.
Perfect rulers. No notch on mine.

Thank you Dave.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:10:30 pm by blueduck »

Offline Christe4nM

• Supporter
« Reply #533 on: November 21, 2013, 06:08:21 pm »
Yesterday in the morning I mentioned waiting for a certain envelope to a housemate of mine. When I came home in the evening there was this certain envelope in the mail :)

BTW, same postage stamp as the other envelopes received in the Netherlands.

There should be a warning regarding PCB and especially SMT stuff though: "objects in photo are way smaller than they appear and then even smaller then you think" :P Gets me every time.

Offline Petter

• Contributor
« Reply #534 on: November 22, 2013, 10:04:23 am »
Received 5 uRulers Today in Norway. AZ postage sticker on top of AZ postage printed on envelope. No dates.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #535 on: November 22, 2013, 10:10:23 pm »
Received 5 uRulers Today in Norway. AZ postage sticker on top of AZ postage printed on envelope. No dates.

Arizona?
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #536 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:37 pm »
Still nothing from Canada...  >:(

Offline johs

« Reply #537 on: November 22, 2013, 11:00:53 pm »
Today I received 5 uRulers in northern Norway.
They were sent through UAE, despite the fact that Norway is neighboring Sweden, but it might have something to do with Norway not being a member of EU.

They are slightly curved, but no notches nor any paint problems that I have come across..
Anyhow great rulers, and I order stuff from all over the world so 1 month shipping time is nothing new to me.
Thanks for the rulers, how you handled problems and informed us about them; and the blog of course.

I have yet to be a part of crowdfunding projects where communcation have stopped, though many with less details and more infrequent updates, or ones where I have a doubt that something will be delivered at some point in the future.
Most of them are behind schedule, and on that note happy 1 year anniversary for the smARtDUINO kickstarter project, but I do not mind.

alm

« Reply #538 on: November 23, 2013, 12:48:27 am »
Still nothing from Canada...  >:(
I'm sure these are somewhere between whatever other post office Direct Link decided to send these off to and Canada. Anyone wants to guess if this will be through UAE or yet another country totally unrelated to either Australia or Canada? At least shipping them via Austria would have been funny given Dave's pun.

Offline karlmag

• Contributor
« Reply #539 on: November 23, 2013, 01:13:04 am »

5 rulers in the mailbox Nov 22nd in Norway.
(If really wanted I can post some of the pictures I took before, during and after opening.)

Rulers are slightly warped it seems (slight arch if you look from one end to the other).
Nothing I worry about  though.

The stamp sticker thing says "Postage Paid, AE - 36716 DXB".
"Postage paid Australia" shines a bit through the sticker.

Thanks Dave! :-)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #540 on: November 23, 2013, 02:17:34 am »
I'm sure these are somewhere between whatever other post office Direct Link decided to send these off to and Canada. Anyone wants to guess if this will be through UAE or yet another country totally unrelated to either Australia or Canada? At least shipping them via Austria would have been funny given Dave's pun.

;D
It's a weekend now, so it's now over a month since all rulers were "shipped" from my mailing house on the 25th Oct.
 :palm:

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #541 on: November 23, 2013, 04:05:44 am »

;D
It's a weekend now, so it's now over a month since all rulers were "shipped" from my mailing house on the 25th Oct.

Even the "free" shipping offered on AliExpress nearly always beats a month.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #542 on: November 23, 2013, 05:10:45 am »
I knew the SAPO was slow, but it seems there is competition for them somewhere in the world.

Offline Legit-Design

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #543 on: November 23, 2013, 11:29:30 am »
;D

Pozible should add some kind of feedback system like on ebay, backers could log on and mark their perks/orders arrived. That would be a lot easier than this way, asking people to tell when their orders have arrived. Now that I think about it I don't get why they have not done it yet. Would get nice updating stats when orders are beginning to pop out all over the world.

Offline Elandril

• Contributor
« Reply #544 on: November 23, 2013, 12:04:25 pm »
Yesterday, Nov 22, my 5 rulers arrived in Austria (not Australia ;)). They were in perfect condition  :-+!

For Austria the envelopes seem to have gone through Taipei, Taiwan.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:14:01 pm by Elandril »

Offline VingTor

• Contributor
« Reply #545 on: November 23, 2013, 12:08:35 pm »

5 rulers in the mailbox Nov 22nd in Norway.

Rulers are slightly warped it seems (slight arch if you look from one end to the other).

I also got my 5 rulers the 22. Nov. here in Norway.

Envelope was intact, rulers were still nicely glued to the cardboard, but all have a slight warp. Two of them significantly more than the three others. The warp is about 4 mm for the worst one. Maybe it is related to moisture getting into the PCB since one of the sides are not covered with solder mask? If that is the case, I guess they will straiten out soon. Anyway, not a problem.

Thanks Dave!

Image of envelope attached.

Offline ion

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #546 on: November 23, 2013, 01:07:17 pm »
This is a list of countries who have not received them yet, as far as I can gather:

I can't see Malta on that list.  No sign of the uRulers here either.

Offline calmtron

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #547 on: November 23, 2013, 08:19:34 pm »
Just thought i'd add an action shot! Yep, messy workbench, I know ..

Offline ndictu

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #548 on: November 24, 2013, 06:04:29 pm »
SLOVAKIA
If you have received in one of those countries listed, please report in.

I didn't see Slovakia reported yet. I got mine on Friday (just got home and found them). All five seem to be in perfect condition, no damage to the envelope either.

Thanks, Dave  :-+

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #549 on: November 25, 2013, 05:41:24 am »
So is Texas like the ass end of the planet? Anyone from Texas get theirs yet?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf