Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 275139 times)

Offline ion

• Regular Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2014, 04:47:42 pm »
Thanks.  They are a bit larger than what I was looking for though, perhaps too large for what I would use them for - probing IC pins.  Definately can't use them on smd parts, but they also seem too large for DIP ICs.

Perhaps something like these will work for you? The leads have 1mm square pin sockets on both ends, which can be connected to standard 1mm pin headers.

Yes, those look to be about the right size.  I could always add banana plugs to the end.  How much for a set of those?

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2014, 08:22:29 pm »
Franky, Are you able to get some (decent) heat-sinks (for cooling TO220 stuff like mosfets, power transistors, etc)? I've looked up and down on Ali, but can't find anything with decent thermal capacity. (judging from the size and shape of them), datasheets is something they have never heard of apparently :)
Most sinks I find are like this:

And I  would like something a bit (a lot) bigger for a constant current dummy load project I'm working on.

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2014, 09:20:58 pm »
Farnell has a lot of heatsinks, some are relatively cheap.. i filtered some results for you : http://goo.gl/BhgoRH

But for a constant current load you shouldn't limit your search to to-220 heatsink, you can always just drill a hole into a heatsink and screw the to-220 package to it.

Here's a few suggestions:

http://uk.farnell.com/aavid-thermalloy/os533-100-b/heat-sink-max-clip-standard-100mm/dp/1773371
http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/mc33269/heatsink-to218-220-247-4-4-c-w/dp/1710612
http://uk.farnell.com/ohmite/ra-t2x-25e/heatsink-to-220-218-247-black/dp/2097683
http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/mc33275/heatsink-to218-220-247-5-9-c-w/dp/1710619
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:25:01 pm by mariush »

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:37 am »
Yes, those look to be about the right size.  I could always add banana plugs to the end.  How much for a set of those?

I will be pricing them at $5.49 per set on eBay, regular air mail shipping (without tracking) included. 5% off here for direct Paypal deals. These have gold plated contact pin and clips, and the clips/hooks can be rotated, hence the relatively higher price comparing to the cheaper alternatives found on eBay. Note, however, that due the shape of the clips these may not work with very fine pitched components, but would work very well for DIP packages and through hole component leads, etc. as the clipping mechanism is very secure.

I made a mistake in the above post about the pin diameter. It's actually thinner than the usual 1mm square header pins, but would work fine with the provided leads or any of the jumper wires I have in my eBay store with the plastic housing removed (see attached photo).

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:07:47 am by iloveelectronics »
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline ion

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2014, 04:35:59 pm »
I'll take a set.  PM me the paypal details and price.

Thanks

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2014, 01:41:12 pm »
This type of long grabbers I have been looking for for some time now, we used similar when I was in school around 1986-87, and they also was sized to you used either bananapljugs or hooked them on the multimeter leads.

Can you place sell me some packages? :)

How many do you need? I think I only have 4-5 pairs at the moment.

It's funny how some of you always seem to want to find/buy things that I haven't officially started selling yet, but just happen to have a few around :)

Two pairs, would like three, but since you only have 4-5..

Got these today, looks very good, and sits very good on the banana plugs, shrouded or normal works very good.

Offline ion

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2014, 07:53:38 am »

I will be pricing them at $5.49 per set on eBay, regular air mail shipping (without tracking) included. 5% off here for direct Paypal deals. These have gold plated contact pin and clips, and the clips/hooks can be rotated, hence the relatively higher price comparing to the cheaper alternatives found on eBay. Note, however, that due the shape of the clips these may not work with very fine pitched components, but would work very well for DIP packages and through hole component leads, etc. as the clipping mechanism is very secure.

I made a mistake in the above post about the pin diameter. It's actually thinner than the usual 1mm square header pins, but would work fine with the provided leads or any of the jumper wires I have in my eBay store with the plastic housing removed (see attached photo).

Just got these and they're perfect for DIP ICs, very good grip.  Thanks Franky!

Offline Derick Freese

• Contributor
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2014, 11:59:06 pm »
Is there any specific reason you stopped carrying the UT61E?  I had planned on picking one up from you, but now I'm pretty seriously looking at the Brymens you carry.  My budget is the killer, though.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2014, 12:36:01 am »
Is there any specific reason you stopped carrying the UT61E?  I had planned on picking one up from you, but now I'm pretty seriously looking at the Brymens you carry.  My budget is the killer, though.

Main reason was the unreasonably low pricing many other Chinese sellers are now selling them for. Even to just stay somewhat competitive the margin is so low it simply didn't make any sense anymore. Having said that, I still actually do sell to customers who ask. I don't stock them in large volume anymore though, so usually there is a small lead time of a few days. I would normally order a couple more whenever there is a customer order so sometimes I would happen to have a unit or 2 in stock.

Pricing is $51 for USA and $53 for the rest of the world shipped with tracking number. And I still offer basic testing and adjustment on the DCV range (if necessary) on every unit I sell.

Offline Derick Freese

• Contributor
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2014, 12:53:31 am »
Understandable.  When I get paid, I'll send you a message and I'll buy one from you.  I'd much rather support someone I know rather than some shenzhen shop.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2014, 09:00:37 am »

Main reason was the unreasonably low pricing many other Chinese sellers are now selling them for. Even to just stay somewhat competitive the margin is so low it simply didn't make any sense anymore. Having said that, I still actually do sell to customers who ask. I don't stock them in large volume anymore though, so usually there is a small lead time of a few days. I would normally order a couple more whenever there is a customer order so sometimes I would happen to have a unit or 2 in stock.

Pricing is $51 for USA and $53 for the rest of the world shipped with tracking number. And I still offer basic testing and adjustment on the DCV range (if necessary) on every unit I sell.

Do you also to this on the other meters?, I'm looking for an extra meter, for occasional testing then adjusting some led drivers, to be used together with my main meters fluke etc, mostly for voltage, maybe some amperage metering, typically in the mA range, and probably up to 1Aish.
And I guess I'm between those cheaper meters, the UT61E and UT139C, I have been looking a bit around, but can't find any good comparision between these, but that is maybe apples and bananas? Lowest price around I can find for the UT61E on other places is $50ish with free shipping, and the UT139C is also $50ishh from you, so $50-$55 is no issue for the price as I see it..
But which to choose.. I have other meters Fluke 87v, 289, Keithley 2015, Agilent 34461A, so those will be used when I need accuracy, but just for other mearsurements when I need a couple of meters hooked up at the same time I guess these are good enough?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2014, 01:45:32 pm »
Do you also to this on the other meters?, I'm looking for an extra meter, for occasional testing then adjusting some led drivers, to be used together with my main meters fluke etc, mostly for voltage, maybe some amperage metering, typically in the mA range, and probably up to 1Aish.
And I guess I'm between those cheaper meters, the UT61E and UT139C, I have been looking a bit around, but can't find any good comparision between these, but that is maybe apples and bananas? Lowest price around I can find for the UT61E on other places is $50ish with free shipping, and the UT139C is also $50ishh from you, so $50-$55 is no issue for the price as I see it..
But which to choose.. I have other meters Fluke 87v, 289, Keithley 2015, Agilent 34461A, so those will be used when I need accuracy, but just for other mearsurements when I need a couple of meters hooked up at the same time I guess these are good enough?

I do the DCV adjustment to meters for which I know the adjustment procedure, mostly the UT61E and the Digitek meters, when necessary. I can do it to the Brymen meters (by entering calibration mode) too but it's rarely needed as their calibration is almost always done very well. However, I can't do it to the UT139C as I was told that this DMM's calibration can only be done in the factory as there's no pot to adjust and there's no special key sequence to enter calibration mode.

Offline Flenser

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2014, 08:32:55 am »
Your ebay site is currently showing "out of stock" for the Brymen 257.
When do you expect them to be back in stock?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2014, 09:05:10 am »
Your ebay site is currently showing "out of stock" for the Brymen 257.
When do you expect them to be back in stock?

There's a scheduled shipment from Taiwan to me on the coming Monday. I expect to receive them on Tuesday.

Offline SPRX

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2014, 11:16:56 am »

Hey Franky, Payment sent for Brymen BM869, please check it out.

Thanks/ SPRX

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - SMD vacuum pickup tool
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2014, 03:00:54 am »
A customer asked me to order one of these SMD vacuum pickup tools recently, and I ordered a couple more. $6.5 per set shipped worldwide (without tracking). PM me your Paypal email address if interested. Thanks!

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2014, 05:12:27 am »
Franky: did you ever find a source for kelvin clips?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2014, 05:39:39 am »

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - SMD vacuum pickup tool
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2014, 12:36:07 pm »
A customer asked me to order one of these SMD vacuum pickup tools recently, and I ordered a couple more. $6.5 per set shipped worldwide (without tracking). PM me your Paypal email address if interested. Thanks!

The SMD pickup tools are now sold out. I may consider stocking them in my shop in case anyone is still interested.

Offline amahon

• Contributor
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:21 pm »
That was quick on the and vacuum tool. I am interested in a couple.

BTW, do you have a feel for the amount finger force needed on the button? I have used a couple side button types that were quite stiff and it would numb your finger after a while... And increase the hand shaking which made it trickier to place components on pads. I had a softer one with the button on the top (rather than side) that seemed easier. You would use your thumb and the direction gave less shaking. That might not be an issue with a softer side mounted button though.

Either way, i need something so will place an order if you have more.

Cheers
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2014, 02:14:13 am »
That was quick on the and vacuum tool. I am interested in a couple.

BTW, do you have a feel for the amount finger force needed on the button? I have used a couple side button types that were quite stiff and it would numb your finger after a while... And increase the hand shaking which made it trickier to place components on pads. I had a softer one with the button on the top (rather than side) that seemed easier. You would use your thumb and the direction gave less shaking. That might not be an issue with a softer side mounted button though.

Either way, i need something so will place an order if you have more.

Cheers
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments, Andrew. To be honest I only have one other similar tool to compare this to and neither feel too stiff to me but I'm only a very casual user so I'm not sure about longer term usage. One advantage of this one though is that it has a bigger and wider button surface so it feels easier on the finger. That together with the grippy pen surface also make it possible to position the button on the side of your finger and push the pen using the thumb, in addition to doing it the more traditional way (pushing button with finger). I'm not sure how fast the grippy surface will wear though. I suspect it might become smooth after a while.

Offline mmdc

« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2014, 03:09:20 am »
I was wondering if you are able to supply the newer generation of UNI-T multimeters?
I've been looking around for the UT171B but sources seem to be a bit scarce and I'm interested in getting a couple.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2014, 03:29:07 am »
I was wondering if you are able to supply the newer generation of UNI-T multimeters?
I've been looking around for the UT171B but sources seem to be a bit scarce and I'm interested in getting a couple.

The UT171 series is not officially released yet. I've been keeping an eye on this one very closely too ;)

Offline mmdc

« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2014, 05:21:31 am »

The UT171 series is not officially released yet. I've been keeping an eye on this one very closely too ;)

Thanks for clarifying that.
I don't suppose you have any indicative release date as I could be willing to wait?

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2014, 08:01:38 am »
Hey Frankie, my partner got her stuff today and just wanted to leave some feedback, she said shipping was super quick, it was all excellently packaged, your bubble wrap was good and she'd be happy to deal with you again, very pleased.

Thats all, thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf