Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 275577 times)

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »
DM send  :-+

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
« Reply #351 on: May 17, 2015, 12:37:27 am »
Got them today. They look and feel great. Will give them a proper test tomorrow.
Pretty sweet delivery time Franky  :-+

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #352 on: May 17, 2015, 01:14:40 am »
Got them today. They look and feel great. Will give them a proper test tomorrow.
Pretty sweet delivery time Franky  :-+

Glad to know they arrived swiftly and safely. Can't take credit for the delivery time though. The post office in the Nethderlands seems to be having a very efficient week as many of my Dutch customers have commented about speedy delivery lately! I hope they keep this up!
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline marber

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #353 on: May 17, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »
Glad to know they arrived swiftly and safely. Can't take credit for the delivery time though. The post office in the Nethderlands seems to be having a very efficient week as many of my Dutch customers have commented about speedy delivery lately! I hope they keep this up!

Yeah, I was one of them. It took 10 days from order date, not too bad. Compared to a UPS 2-day "express" shipment that's already taking 2 weeks now. :)

I hope they keep it up too, I have 3 other items coming in from various countries, most without reliable tracking. Probably stuck in customs at this point...

All ordered test leads / connectors are very nice quality - thanks!

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #354 on: May 21, 2015, 08:30:44 pm »
I did my first order with Franky on Sunday 17 May, the items arrived here in Blighty this morning, 21 May. Impressive!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #355 on: May 22, 2015, 02:49:40 am »
I did my first order with Franky on Sunday 17 May, the items arrived here in Blighty this morning, 21 May. Impressive!

Glad it arrived so quickly! Again, I can't take too much credit for that. All I could do was dispatch it quickly but after that it's the postal services' job. I do notice that adding tracking to a package does sometimes help speed things up a little, especially for the UK. Tracking is normally an optional extra at checkout but I upgraded yours for free due to the size of your order :)

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2015, 12:47:47 pm »
Frankie, what discounts can you do on the red YZXstudio power meter? Any mercy for a cheapskate?

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2015, 12:59:46 pm »
Frankie, what discounts can you do on the red YZXstudio power meter? Any mercy for a cheapskate?

It's already cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171606912751
below customlimits and all..

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2015, 03:56:51 pm »

Despite the seemingly high price comparing to other more common USB power monitoring devices, my margin really isn't that high to be honest. I can only offer the usual 5% discount for direct Paypal deals by cutting out the eBay commission.

I know there are other sellers selling these at lower prices, but I try to differentiate by offering an exclusive English manual (written by myself based on the original Chinese documentation plus more info I gathered directly from the designer/maker), and better personal support. There will soon be a major firmware upgrade with lots of new features and improvements, and I will certainly make that available to my customers (will require a ST-Link V2 compatible programmer though). The designer/maker of these devices has really put in a lot of work and is still constantly working to improve them so I personally think it's a fair price.

I ran out of stock earlier this morning though after Julian Ilett posted his mailbag video on YouTube:

New stock is expected to arrive either tomorrow or the day after.

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2015, 04:29:47 pm »
I respect that, will just get one through eBay!

Offline Flump

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2015, 04:51:14 pm »

wow how tight are you
frankie bends over backwards to provide an awesome service
and i have never ever heard of an unhappy customer, in fact
everyone signs his praise  and you are trying to knock him down

:--

Offline Wh1sper

• Regular Contributor
    • Zockertown
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2015, 05:08:43 pm »
I can second Flump.
Franky has done a investigation job (thermo couples) for me and I'm very satisfied
  :-+
Whenever he happen to need a soldier in Germany he can count on me ;-)

Offline rr100

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #362 on: June 10, 2015, 08:07:42 am »

Well frankly in the world of  under-2-pounds multimeter (shipping and battery included) a multi-tens-of-dollars tester like this is a luxury item :-)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #363 on: June 10, 2015, 01:02:55 pm »
Well frankly in the world of  under-2-pounds multimeter (shipping and battery included) a multi-tens-of-dollars tester like this is a luxury item :-)

I don't disagree. But this device isn't mass produced by a large factory with thousands of slave workers :) As far as I know it's really just this one person in China who designed it and is doing these small production runs. I don't believe these can be made much cheaper with such small scale operations, and still remain profitable enough to worth his while.

Now the upside of this "boutique" style production is that the firmware and hardware upgrade cycle is really fast. There has been numerous updates in a few short months and a major one will be available soon. I'm not sure many other lower-price sellers would provide buyers with any support regarding these updates though (or even know which version they are selling). <shameless promo>I do guarantee that support for my buyers :) </shameless promo>.

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #364 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:49 pm »

I would not call it a luxury item by any means.
I think the price is very reasonable for what the device does.
I have just ordered two of them...
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #365 on: June 16, 2015, 01:23:15 am »
...but I try to differentiate by offering an exclusive English manual...

Hi Franky,
My two arrived today, thank you...
Can you PM me a link to your manual please.

EDIT: Sorry, for the YZXstudio USB3.0 Power Monitor (Red)
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - $50 Brymen BM257S
« Reply #366 on: June 17, 2015, 02:40:06 am »
I've got this customer returned BM257S which had a faulty current range, but have since been sent to Brymen and fixed. First $50 takes it. Worldwide shipping (with tracking number) included.

(Click to enlarge)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:55:49 am by iloveelectronics »

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - $50 Brymen BM257S
« Reply #367 on: June 17, 2015, 03:13:42 am »
I've got this customer returned BM257S which had a faulty current range, but have since been sent to Brymen and fixed. First $50 takes it. Worldwide shipping (with tracking number) included.

Sold. Thanks for looking!

Offline eliocor

• Supporter
    • rhodiatoce
« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2015, 12:01:26 pm »
According to youtube video the Yellow and the Red USB 3.0 Power Monitor are different.
According to eBay descriptions:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171657443908 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/171606912751
the firmware is the same...
Are there real differences between the yellow and red units?

.     TIA
_       Elio.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2015, 12:23:13 pm »
According to youtube video the Yellow and the Red USB 3.0 Power Monitor are different.
According to eBay descriptions:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171657443908 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/171606912751
the firmware is the same...
Are there real differences between the yellow and red units?

.     TIA
_       Elio.

The description of the new firmware (v2.5) features are common to both versions, but they are different in one main area, which is not affected by the new firmware:

- The Red version detects the D+/D- data line voltages on the INPUT end and displays them on the screen. It also tries to identify the type of charger connected to the INPUT (Samsung, Apple, etc).

- The Yellow/Blue version does NOT do the above, instead, it acts as a "smart USB" port and tries to detect what's connected on the OUTPUT end, and set the D+/D- voltages accordingly to enable the Fast Charge Mode (which the Red version does not have). There are 2 additional USB modes - Direct Mode simply passes along the D+/D- data lines straight through to the ouput, and Disconnect Mode disconnects the D+/D- lines and only pass along the power line (VCC and GND) voltages.

The firmware files for the 2 devices are in fact different, they just share the same version number, as all functions are otherwise the same except the one thing mentioned above.

According to the designer it's a hardware limitation so he could not implement both features at the same time in the same device, hence the 2 different versions.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Offline kedr_vostok

• Contributor
« Reply #370 on: September 01, 2015, 08:30:08 am »
Hi Franky,

Just received some test leads from an eBay sale. Thanks very much, very happy with the quality.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #371 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:13 am »
Hi Franky,

Just received some test leads from an eBay sale. Thanks very much, very happy with the quality.

No worries! Glad you're happy with the products.

And while this thread has been brought back to life I might as well give a couple of my recent eBay listings a plug :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Power-Monitor-Black-YZXstudio-18-Bit-Voltage-Current-Meter-OLED-/201397906943
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Module-UART-Serial-Interface-SPP-CA-works-with-YZXstudio-USB-Monitors-/201414967094

The above 2 items combined will allow remote logging of USB power consumption data via Bluetooth. I'm happy to answer any question here regarding the setup if any of you have already purchased any version of the USB Power Monitor devices.

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2015, 10:34:04 pm »
Thanks Franky for what I bought quite recently, the shipment was really really fast, and I love my new BM257s :D
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Franky's sales thread - Kelvin Clips kit
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2015, 08:48:05 am »
Hey Franky, any update on finding some decent Kelvin leads? Now that I have a better quality meter (I traded some stuff I had laying around for a 34401A) I am looking a bit more intently. Cheers mate!

OK, here's what I've got. It's a kit, so you will need to do some soldering and heat shrinking. Which may be more work, but you get to control the quality of the soldering and assembly work. You can also customise the length of the wires.

The kit comes with a pair of good quality gold plated kelvin clips, 4 pieces of 13AWG silicone wires each about 60cm long (2 black + 2 red), a pair of black and red heat shrink tubing, and 2 pairs of banana plugs (choice of either shrouded or unshrouded).

Price on the forum would be $19 per set worldwide shipping included (without tracking). Tracking would be an additional $2.4.

This thread deserved a bump, especially my last purchase, definitely worth the money, thanks Franky.  :-+

Attached below the nice Kelvin Clips set (PS : The included heat shrink tubing red n black not pictured) , and also with other extra purchase of 2 pairs of 4mm banana female to 2mm male converters.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:58:37 am by BravoV »

Offline nowlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2015, 10:30:55 am »
Just wondering what those safety connectors are rated for? 60vdc?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf