Author Topic: Software & tips for Rigol DS2072 ( DS2000 / DS4000 / DS6000 UltraVision DSOs )  (Read 371877 times)

Offline marmadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Man .. your work is impressive!
I can't wait to give this a whirl! Thanks a million for all of your effort - I'm not nearly talented enough to do what you've done so I sincerely appreciate your talents and effort.

Thanks for the kind words, James (and Harvs)  ;)

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
Also, the new FW includes new (as-yet undocumented) SCPI commands to control the DSO [...]
Hey Marmad, how did you find the undocumented SCPI commands - from a firmware dump, or something else?

Am writing some VB 2010 code for pinging local network subnet, fetching MACs & IPs from ARP table, then checking vendor ID to find possible scopes on local LAN, can construct SCPI connection string from IP and use in programmes like your.  Should be easy, will post code once complete.

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Hey Marmad, how did you find the undocumented SCPI commands - from a firmware dump, or something else?

Yes, exactly, FW dump.

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
Hi Mark
  Here are some displays ofr a frequency sweep:
1st is the a 3D
and the next 3 are screen captures of the same sweep with different "Averaging" settings
All at 'Min' persistance
And the 5th display is an animated GIF of the sweep , frame by frame , but Not what gets displayed on th DSO ,(because of Average of frame over frame.

Now the DSO preforms the Averaging over many Frames so the results are different depending on the number of averages and speed of Frequency sweeping.

The question is:
  Is there any benefit to adding 'Frame over Frame' Post Functions to Your RUU software?
     Such as Averaging like the DSO is doing
     Persistance , RUU already does
     (Y)Max-Min boundary envelop on a Animated GiF (Y-T)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:56:44 am by Teneyes »
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
The question is:
  Is there any benefit to adding 'Frame over Frame' Post Functions to Your RUU software?

Not sure what you mean - you'll have to be more specific.

Offline linus

Hi

I just got for evaluation a DS4012 and found this software. After installing, I get an error if I try to connect, the RUU add the correct Name "DS4012" to the title bar but then shortly pops up with "DSO not responding to query and/or command - RUU closing connection" ... then a few times "DSO is not conected"

The Ultra Sigma Screencapture works fine though.

I connect using USB and LAN. If USB is not connected, it asks for the device, I enter "TCPIP::192.168.1.50::INSTR", then, same error.

Any idea what is wrong?

Cheers
Linus
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:30:27 pm by linus »

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Hi

I just got for evaluation a DS4012 and found this software. After installing, I get an error if I try to connect, the RUU add the correct Name "DS4012" to the title bar but then shortly pops up with "DSO not responding to query and/or command - RUU closing connection" ... then a few times "DSO is not conected"

The Ultra Sigma Screencapture works fine though.

I connect using USB and LAN. If USB is not connected, it asks for the device, I enter "TCPIP::192.168.1.50::INSTR", then, same error.

Any idea what is wrong?

If you're sure your connection is good, it might have to do with the fact that you're using a 2-channel DS4000 series (I don't think that's ever been tested). When I get a chance, I'll look at the code.

Offline linus

Hi

that would be very kind. Yes, the connection is 100% working. The demo VBA XLS from Rigol does get data as the Screencapture with Ultra Sigma does. Both work fine with USB and LAN.

Cheers
Linus

Offline linus

Hi

just for you to know, I had to return the DS4012, so if ever you have a chance to fix this issue I will no longer be able to test it.

Cheers
Linus

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
ScopeCommander - autodetect Rigol LAN/WIFI/USB scopes and install codes.
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2013, 12:27:10 pm »
Wrote this little app to allow auto-installation of licence codes (or any other SCPI commands) for your Rigol scope.

There are similar apps/scripts out there, but this one is different.  I wanted to connect my DS2072 into my home LAN, then have the app automatically detect it from my WIFI laptop, then have the codes auto installed.  Works.

You'll need the attached files, a Windows computer with .NET 4.0, NI Visa 5.3 runtime or full product.

Edit: Updated.  Tested on Windows 7 32-bit, works with either NI VISA 5.2 or NI VISA 5.3.
Edit: Updated to v1.2 - re-instate filtering, only TCPIP and USB devices are detected, others are ignored.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:56:21 am by Chalky »

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor
Wrote this little app to allow auto-installation of licence codes (or any other SCPI commands) for your Rigol scope.

There are similar apps/scripts out there, but this one is different.  I wanted to connect my DS2072 into my home LAN, then have the app automatically detect it from my WIFI laptop, then have the codes auto installed.  Works.

You'll need the attached files, a Windows computer with .NET 4.0, NI Visa 5.3 runtime or full product.
Hello, I got the following error:
Code: [Select]
An unhandled exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly "NationalInstruments.VisaNS, Version = 13.0.40.167, Culture = neutral,
PublicKeyToken = dc6ad606294fc298 "or one of its dependencies. Naide
Goes assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception
  from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    in NS.Scope.Module1.Main ()

I copied NationalInstruments.VisaNS.dll from RUU folder to your program folder, but no result.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:19:10 pm by Evi »

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor

[/size]

An unhandled exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly
"NationalInstruments.VisaNS, Version = 13.0.40.167, Culture = neutral,
Goes assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception

I copied NationalInstruments.VisaNS.dll from RUU folder to your program folder, but no result.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:21:23 pm by Evi »

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
An unhandled exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly

Any ideas?
Hi there, yeah instead of copying any files, just install the NI VISA v5.3 runtime.  Should work ok, but pleas let me know if it doesn't.

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor

Any ideas?
Hi there, yeah instead of copying any files, just install the NI VISA v5.3 runtime.  Should work ok, but pleas let me know if it doesn't.
No success. I guess it's NetFw 4.0 and 4.5 conflict.

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
Evi, let me know your OS version, and whether 32-bit or 64-bit and I'll sort it out, test, and re-post.

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor
Evi, let me know your OS version, and whether 32-bit or 64-bit and I'll sort it out, test, and re-post.
Windows 7/32
Ultra Sigma and RUU works fine.

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
Windows 7/32
Hi Evi, try the updated version, let me know how you get on?  Have tested this on Windows 7 x32.  No need to copy any files, as long as NI-VISA 5.2 or 5.3 is installed.  If it doesn't work, again, could you let me know which NI-VISA you have?
 :D /forum/projects/software-tips-and-tricks-for-rigol-ds200040006000-ultravision-dsos/msg261360/#msg261360
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:39:04 pm by Chalky »

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor
Windows 7/32
Hi Evi, try the updated version, let me know how you get on?  Have tested this on Windows 7 x32.  No need to copy any files, as long as NI-VISA 5.2 or 5.3 is installed.  If it doesn't work, again, could you let me know which NI-VISA you have?
 :D /forum/projects/software-tips-and-tricks-for-rigol-ds200040006000-ultravision-dsos/msg261360/#msg261360

Hello, it's getting better... But why USB INSTR ?

c: \ Program Files \ RIGOL Technologies, Inc \ Scope Commander> scopecommander
Devices found: 2

Device: ASRL3 :: INSTR
* IDN?
An unhandled exception: System.ArgumentException: An invalid resource type wa
s passed into the resourceName parameter. The resource name is valid for your s
ystem, but it is not of type USB INSTR. Either provide a resource name with the
  correct resource type, or set the checkResourceType parameter to false.
Parameter name: resourceName
    in NationalInstruments.VisaNS.Session .. ctor (String resourceName, AccessModes a
ccessMode, Int32 openTimeout, String expectedResourceName)
    in NationalInstruments.VisaNS.MessageBasedSession .. ctor (String resourceName, A
ccessModes accessMode, Int32 openTimeout, String expectedResourceName)
    in NationalInstruments.VisaNS.UsbSession .. ctor (String resourceName)
    in NS.VisaNetDriver.query (String connString, ConnectionType connType, String t
ext) in C: \ Users \ nathan \ Desktop \ ScopeCommander Com \ VisaNetDriver \ VisaNetDriver.vb
: line 46
    in NS.Scope.Module1.Main () in C: \ Users \ nathan \ Desktop \ ScopeCommander Com \ ScopeC
ommander \ Module1.vb: line 31
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:19:25 am by Evi »

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
[...]
Fixed.  Reason is because I'm a dipstick  :P .  App is supposed to only include TCPIP and USB devices, I'd disabled the filtering, so my list of 'USB' devices was actually returning me ALL devices, so it tried to connect to your ASRL3 device address over USB which failed.  Filtering re-enabled to fix that.  Also handles connection errors more gracefully now.

Cheers.

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor
[...]
Fixed.  Reason is because I'm a dipstick  :P .  App is supposed to only include TCPIP and USB devices, I'd disabled the filtering, so my list of 'USB' devices was actually returning me ALL devices, so it tried to connect to your ASRL3 device address over USB which failed.  Filtering re-enabled to fix that.  Also handles connection errors more gracefully now.

Cheers.
So,...?

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor
Sorry, yes, I should have said, download v1.2 from my original post here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/software-tips-and-tricks-for-rigol-ds200040006000-ultravision-dsos/msg261360/#msg261360   :)

"Devices found: 0
Finished.  Press any key to exit..."

Could you provide source?

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
Yeah sure, will dig that out and upload tomorrow.  What connection type is your scope using, USB or LAN?

Offline Evi

• Regular Contributor
Yeah sure, will dig that out and upload tomorrow.  What connection type is your scope using, USB or LAN?
Pardon, as you stated LAN

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
Pardon, as you stated LAN
Hmmm, if your computer and scope are on the same subnet, then it should be auto detected.  Can you try and USB and see if that works OK too?  Mine working on either USB or LAN.

Regardless, I'll add a GUI for manual IP address entry & upload new version. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf