Author Topic: Functions generator XR2206 and oscilloscope FNRSI DSO152 - first use  (Read 399 times)

Offline kbmTopic starter

Functions generator XR2206 is connected to oscilloscope FNRSI DSO152. To functions generator is connected power supply 9V, 1 mA.
Oscilloscope shows signal on chart but all time is the same signal. I change jumper from Sine to Triangle but it still shows the same chart. I change jumper responsible for frequency but chart is the same too. I changed AMP, FINE and Coarse adjustment but chart did not change. All time oscilloscope shows the same chart.
On oscilloscope I tried in Auto and Normal mode and chart didn't change.
Could this mean that the functions generator is faulty?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 06:46:17 am by kbm »

Offline BennoG

• Regular Contributor
the output voltage is far to low, so you have the potmeter set to 0V output or your power supply is faulty.
if you have soldered it yourselves, then you could have made an error in the soldering.

the power supply needs to be at least 10V DC

Benno

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
That's probably just 50Hz noise you're seeing.
Is the square output (red wire) working?

Offline wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
IIRC the amplitude control (the leftmost) is wired backwards. Fully clockwise is zero amplitude. Set it midway for starters.

Offline CaptDon

• Super Contributor
What do you mean Power Supply 1 ma.? The connector looks like a wall wart power supply. Is the voltage correct and is the polarity correct and is it D.C. and NOT A.C.?
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

Offline kbmTopic starter

Power supply is 1000mA - sorry for mistake.
The output voltage now is 11V DC. Is was DC but too low. I changed power supply. Now it works and shows correct chart. I can change amplitude control and amplitude of wave changes on chart.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf