Author Topic: Formatting .op Data Labels in LTspice for Mac  (Read 12324 times)

Offline seamusdemoraTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Formatting .op Data Labels in LTspice for Mac
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2020, 10:05:42 am »
Typing it in - that's why I think it is a TextEdit bug, it's not respecting the encoding of the input file (unless it's just blithely ignoring the \0's it contains)

I would have guessed that TextEdit.app would respect the character encoding, but perhaps not. What was the Plain Text Encoding drop-down menu setting (bottom of the TextEdit.app window)?
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, and the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2020, 10:14:18 am »
Odd, I don't have any such drop-down menu, the text edit area goes right to the bottom of the window. In preferences, input & output encodings are set to Automatic. TextEdit identifies itself as Version 1.15 (355)

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2020, 03:13:32 pm »
I just sent the following bug report to LTspice@analog.com...

And AD responded (or at least some email script did)

Thank you for contacting the European Customer Interaction Center at Analog Devices. A case has been generated  for your request.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2020, 05:46:11 pm »
Is there a Linux version of LTspice?
No, but the Windows version is specifically designed to work under WINE, which is does quite well.

Yes, but again, from various reports, WINE does not work well with Catalina - which is where I need it to be.
Have you tried it youself? I assumed you had, which is why I suggested a Linux VM running LTSpice under WINE. It's clunky but at least you don't need Windows.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2020, 09:03:32 pm »
Typing it in - that's why I think it is a TextEdit bug, it's not respecting the encoding of the input file (unless it's just blithely ignoring the \0's it contains)

The TextEdit app has a dialog that provides options for text encoding - options that are available for "open" and for "save as..." are a bit different, but are present in both cases - see the attached figures for clarification. You may have to click the "Options" button to see this dialog/drop-down. I wonder if this could be part of the problem?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:07:29 pm by seamusdemora »
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure, and the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2020, 03:14:30 am »
I submitted a "bug report" of sorts to AD on this issue last week. Yesterday, I received a reply from. He said, in summary:
  • He confirmed the problem, and notified the "design team", and
  • It might take a while to resolve the issue

He was speaking of the inability for users to create a "round" directive in LTspice-Mac. He did not mention the issue w/ the odd character-encoding scheme used in LTspice-Mac?!

That's all I know. If I hear anything else, I'll post it here.

~S
~ Bertrand Russell

Online nfmax

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2020, 08:27:49 am »
An AD application engineer has also acknowledged my bug report, on the text encoding problem:

Thank you for contacting us.

I will forward your feedback to our design team. The team will review this and make the necessary changes to the structure of the tool.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:08:38 am by nfmax »

The following users thanked this post: seamusdemora

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2020, 08:33:08 am »
Cool... let's revisit this one year from today - hopefully it will be corrected. :)
~ Bertrand Russell

Offline nbenm

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2023, 08:35:41 am »
Cool... let's revisit this one year from today - hopefully it will be corrected. :)
Sadly two years and half after, it's still not.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 02:24:04 pm by nbenm »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf