Author Topic: Vault component doesn't support revision state validation  (Read 12192 times)

Offline janosTopic starter

Vault component doesn't support revision state validation
« on: April 23, 2015, 09:31:22 am »
Hi guys,

I am just starting to learn to use Altium Designer 15. I'm coming from several years of experiance with EAGLE, and have found this forum to be quite a supporting place for AD issues. So  I hope you guys can give me a bit of support on my early steps, so that I can soon give it back  :).

Currently I try to figure out how I use components that already exist, and I'm using this USB connector from the Altium Vault. However, when i compile the project (using Project->Compile PCB Project ...) I get this warning with the message "Component J2 48204-0001: Can't perform revision state validation: Altium Content Vault doesn't support revision state validation".

Doesn this mean:
- I shouldn't use the Altium Content Vault components?
- I shouldn't use revision state validation? (how would I disable that?)
- I have done something wrong, like configured something incorrectly?

I'd be glad about some hints on this!
Cheers
Janos

Offline daedalus

• Regular Contributor
Re: Vault component doesn't support revision state validation
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:34:00 pm »
Hi, Here is a link about revision states, that explains whats going on. Basically altiums vault doesn't return revision state info, so you get that warning, easiest is to ignore it or disable it (location of setting is in the link). If something is obsoleted then its not pickable from the vault (by default), so I wouldn't worry about not having this check.

http://techdocs.altium.com/display/DMAN/Lifecycle+Definition+Enhancements

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf