Author Topic: metal ring on joint PCB  (Read 1090 times)

Offline zennonTopic starter

metal ring on joint PCB
« on: July 08, 2018, 05:00:25 pm »
New to soldering, tried to desolder a mouse switch on a PCB. I thought i did a good job, but it's not working with the replacement. I did change it with a different brand of switch so not sure if that's the reason

OR

while desoldering, i removed also a metal ring from the joint in the back of the PCB? Is that an issue? That joint, the solder doesn't stay down but form like a bulb. If that the problem, which is most likely, is there a way to replace that metal ring? I thought most contact and circuits are on the front side of a PCB?

Offline JS

• Frequent Contributor
Re: metal ring on joint PCB
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:46:06 pm »
Don't worry too much, if there is connection to that place from both sides of the pcb solder a very thin wire from the switch side crossing to the other side, put the switch in place, solder the switch and the thin wire to whatever is left on this bottom side.

JS

If I don't know how it works, I prefer not to turn it on.

Offline zennonTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 06:00:13 pm »

Here is a pic. Somehow the eyelets of BOTH middle joints came off when using the pump. The other ones are good, so don't know if i did something wrong or they weren't firmly attached to the board initially. How do you repair those eyelets? They are like 3mm? I have a different board that i could pull some out probably but is it possible and if so how to remove?

Offline JS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 06:02:04 pm »
Overheating lift pads, not rare to happen, as I said don't worry too much and ensure conections with bodge wires

JS

If I don't know how it works, I prefer not to turn it on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf