Author Topic: Will most pick and place machines struggle to place this part?  (Read 2127 times)

Offline king.osloTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Will most pick and place machines struggle to place this part?
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:59:12 pm »
I am interested in this part. I can get it reasonably in 100+ quantities.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/MPXM2202AS/MPXM2202AS-ND/420527

1. It comes in tubes of 60. It doesn't look very pick and place friendly with that huge port on the top. Plus small standard packaging. These tubes will have to be changed every 60th board, right? Doesnt look very machine assembly-friendly. Have I assumed correctly?

2. Second question: data sheet doesn't specify a mnimum voltage supply limit. It only specifies a typical and maximum limit. Am I right to assume it will meet its specs at 3.3V?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Marius

Offline David_AVD

• Super Contributor
Re: Will most pick and place machines struggle to place this part?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:14:11 am »
See the note about the 10 -16 V range:

2. Device is ratiometric within this specified excitation range. Operating the device above the specified excitation range may induce additional
error due to device self-heating.

I would assume that it needs a supply between 10 and 16 Volts.  Best to ask the manufacturer I think.

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:51:09 am »
The product manual is there, just need to fish around the links.
Supply is ~3-16V and is ratiometric, so higher voltages will just make more heat.
VERY unlikely to be auto placed, some stuff has to be done manually. I'd definitely add strong glue to hold it to
the PCB. In fact, those type of devices usually have a method to attach to the PCB. Imagine trying to pull off the
rubber tube and ripping out the pins.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline sacherjj

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:40:44 am »
Even with the model with side exiting pressure line, I agree with the others.  It needs additional support.  If your pick and place has epoxy, then using the MPXV2202GP CASE 1369-01 style device, you may be able to automatically place, due to the flat top.  Drop it into a blog of epoxy.  Assuming the sensor can handle the reflow temp profile safely.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf