Author Topic: EEVblog #241 - Circuit Labs PCBs from New Zealand  (Read 16878 times)

Offline chrisc

• Supporter
Re: EEVblog #241 - Circuit Labs PCBs from New Zealand
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 08:21:54 am »
The small problem with Dave's service reviews is that any hobby electronics related business that cares about whatever they're doing would likely prioritize any order labeled "for Dave Jones". Makerbot is the extreme example of this phenomenon as they've sent Dave a box full of awesome without even asking. ;)

I know this thread is many months old, but I thought I'd add a comment for the reference of anyone who comes across it in the future.

I sent a order to PCBZone last week because I liked what I saw in Dave's review, but didn't mention anything about EEVblog so they didn't know who I was or where I'd heard of them. The order was processed on Tuesday and shipped on Thursday, which as far as I'm concerned is pretty good going. I'm very pleased with the boards, too.

Offline PsiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:35 am »
According to a guy at a local PCB place, an issue with electroless gold is that the process needs extensive treatment of waste water due to the chemicals used

Well that explains it, in china they probably don't treat the water at all, so little cost difference   :(
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »
They treat to recover the gold, and the rest is down the drain out of sight...............

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf