Author Topic: SOLD. Tektronix 2465B 400MHz oscilloscope + probe for parts or repair.  (Read 803 times)

Offline SynthtechTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Sold. Thank you.

Hello all, I have for sale non-working Tektronix 2465B 400MHz oscilloscope. It is showing the common fault of stalling during diagnostics and lighting the "ADD" LED. Pressing the "AB TRIG" button makes the diagnostics continue but the 'scope doesn't get to the point where it shows a trace. Dave did a video on repairing this. I did find a couple of leaking capacitors on the CPU board and I cleaned it up and replaced them but it didn't fix the issue, I may have missed an open trace perhaps, all in all the corrosion wasn't so bad. I also confirmed that the power supply rails are correct on the little multipin connector. I bought this oscilloscope as an extra purchase that was offered to me as not working when I bought another piece of test equipment. It also comes with its manual and a single P6137 probe.

I am not up for going any further with repairing it as in my business I will never see signals even approaching 400MHz so it would be an indulgence for me to keep it if it was working. So I am selling it as-is for repair or for parting out. Pick-up in Melbourne at Doncaster.

$120.00

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:29:12 am by Synthtech »

• Regular Contributor
More pics...

• Regular Contributor
I don't know why but the forum software randomly decides to turn some images upside-down....

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
I don't know why but the forum software randomly decides to turn some images upside-down....

I've had a couple of mine rotated through 90 degrees. I solved the problem by editing them and saving it.

I guess, without having checked, that some viewers/editors automagically rotate the image in a way determined by the EXIF data, but perhaps the forum doesn't. Editing presumably resets that EXIF data.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: Synthtech

Online Brumby

• Supporter
This has caught my eye, but not having had the pleasure of dealing with faults in Tek scopes, it makes me wonder if I will come across the need for some unobtainium.  More research would be needed - but seeing that I'm up in Sydney, pickup is not on the cards.

I am not up for going any further with repairing it as in my business I will never see signals even approaching 400MHz so it would be an indulgence for me to keep it if it was working.
That never rarely stopped me ......  ;D

Online Brumby

• Supporter
Ah ... It's sold.  Good.

Now I can stop torturing myself.

:'(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf