Poll

Do you got aspergers, ADHD, HFA or other syndrom?

No
16 (38.1%)
Absolutley NOT
3 (7.1%)
Yes
14 (33.3%)
Maybee som signs of it..
9 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: February 16, 2013, 11:41:19 pm

Author Topic: Du you got aspergers, and does it explane your intrest in electronics?  (Read 21397 times)

Offline jaqie

• Regular Contributor
  • Genuine Girl Techie
Re: Du you got aspergers, and does it explane your intrest in electronics?
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2013, 06:41:25 am »
I think that using made-up words when normal ones suffice makes us sound like we are embarrassed of our (disorder - condition - syndrome - difference - whatever term you think is acceptable) and adds to the existing stigma against us.
How does that dilute the point I made? I wasn't talking about anything medical.
I was.  My points are still going right over your head. Here, let me help you since you seem to be unwilling or unable to look up some very basic terms.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/neurological
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/neurotypical
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/bigot
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/-ist
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:42:56 am by jaqie »

Offline TerminalJack505

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 06:46:42 am »
I've had a formal diagnosis (Psychiatrist) of Asperger Syndrome since i was 8, I'm now sixteen. Mine is quite a mild form so i'm more 'socially aware' than many other 'aspies'. I've always been interested in things such as science,computers etc, and when i find myself liking something, i tend to go over the top with collecting stuff.

I'm not a qualified engineer (Yet...), Yet i don't find it rewarding, nor i feel that it holds me back in any way. I do enjoy talking to people about it, and how i've come to terms with understanding my 'quirks', i do things that many [eople would find as odd, and i'm often seen as quite eccentric, Personally i like that.

I've met quite a few people online with the same interests in electronics, computers etc, Yet have not met anyone in person with it as of yet, Personally i think many people will see one or two traits of Aspergers In themselfs and make a 'self-diagnosis'.

I've always collected things, From my star wars figures when i was younger, to electronics stuff now!

Hope that clears up a few of your questions !

Stephen.

It seems like you got tings sorted out in a very good way! keep it up and you will take adwantage af the positive sides of being an aspie!

Check out this web page and you can join the community of other spies!
Maybee you can find someone close by where you are, aspies make good friend with each other!

http://www.wrongplanet.net/

Best regards
Erik

BBM (Bold By Me.)   :-DD

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 06:48:34 am »
I'll see your "neurological" definition and raise you psychological. How is that not appropriate? Autism has to do with the mind, does it not? An autistic mind functions differently.

Neurotypical (or NT) is a term that was coined in the autistic community as a label for people who are not on the autism spectrum

made-up words
Yup...

On "bigot" - can somebody else please chime in and tell me how I'm being a bigot? I don't think I'm being a bigot - am I? Because if I am I'm seriously confused. Or are you one of those people who think that everybody who has a different opinion is "bigoted" against your own? Could you please explain who you think I'm bigoted against? If it's just you - I am not being intolerant, and the only animosity I'm showing is towards your rudeness, not your opinions. I disagree with your opinions, I don't dislike you because of them. I dislike you because you're rude and go around calling people bigots.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline jaqie

• Regular Contributor
  • Genuine Girl Techie
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 06:53:33 am »
You need to look up at my previous posts. these are facts, not opinions. if you had read medical journals, like I have, you would know that HFA and asperger's are neurological in nature, not psychological.  I pointed that out several times, and you ignore it.

The truth is not democratic, this is a very simple fact you seem to not understand.  HFA and asperger's are not psychological conditions, they are neurological traits.

This has been a large part of my original point which you still seem ignorant to, and it seems that is intentional and has been for quite some time.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 07:00:34 am »
The truth is not democratic, this is a very simple fact you seem to not understand.  HFA and asperger's are not psychological conditions, they are neurological traits.

The difference here is not between "psychological" and "neurological", it's between "condition" and "trait". I agree that they are traits. You are correct there. They are sets of symptoms that people can be diagnosed with - those are traits.

The thing is - I never commented on that. I made a completely separate point about disliking the word "neurotypical" and you called me a bigot. What the hell? Your point didn't go over my head, I agreed with it and so felt it required no comment. You still have yet to explain how I am a bigot.

This has been a large part of my original point which you still seem ignorant to, and it seems that is intentional and has been for quite some time.

What?? I was "ignorant to" your point because, as I said, I agreed with it! Sure, I chose a different word (psych. vs. neuro.), and sure, that might not be the most medically accurate choice of words, but the basic argument (HFA/Asperger's are traits, not "conditions") I did not comment on because it made sense.

Am I the only person here who does not think I am an idiot or a bigot?

Offline jaqie

• Regular Contributor
  • Genuine Girl Techie
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 07:05:56 am »
You REALLY need to read the definition for neurological and psychological and learn the differences between them.  As I said several times, your ignorance is showing, and you are speaking the same way a bigot would because of it.  You are still ignoring my original point and this fact through this entire thing.  You chose a term, you chose the wrong term - and because of choosing the wrong term you are calling it something it isnt, which indicates either bigotry or ignorance.  You are one or the other, and at this point it is blatantly obvious you wish to be instead of actually looking up the terms you are using and applying them to things they do not belong applied to.

At this point, I can't figure out if you are a bigotist, willing ignoramus, or troll.  Whichever you are, after this much discussion and this much of you outright refusing to learn what the words you are using mean, it is 100% intentional and I truly hope you get at least talked to if not banned from the forum for it, and hope this thread is locked and/or wiped of all of this intentional whatever it is you have been doing.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2013, 07:18:50 am »
Oh, for fuck's sake I give up. You're seriously calling me a bigot for confusing "psychological" and "neurological"? Damn, all this time I was sure you were mad at me for the term "weaselly". The distinction between those words has absolutely nothing to do with the point I made, which is what I was damn sure you called me a bigot for. Next time somebody asks you why you called them a bigot, please actually explain so they can write you off a bit sooner as someone who thinks people who mix up words are bigots.

At this point, I can't figure out if you are a bigotist, willing ignoramus, or troll.

I'm not a bigotist because nobody is a bigotist, for god's sake stop saying that. What you are accusing me of being is a bigot, and I'm pretty sure I'm not one of those. I'm also pretty sure I'm not a troll. That leaves "willing ignoramus", which I will go with because I like the word "ignoramus". I will get to work immediately making my "Willing Ignoramus" name tags so people don't have to go to such trouble to figure it out from now on.

I truly hope you get at least talked to if not banned from the forum for it

Banned from the forum? I must really be an ignoramus then, I'm pretty sure I'm far off from that kind of transgression. Unless the rather large off-topic deviation here pisses off Dave, that is, which I suppose it may. But for my supposed "bigotry"? Really?

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 07:45:03 am »
Congratulations jaqie & c4757p, you just got this thread locked.

Dave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf