Author Topic: pocket version of spice for android smartphones  (Read 9664 times)

Offline KTPTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
pocket version of spice for android smartphones
« on: March 26, 2010, 04:42:16 pm »
LTspice is required for use in my EE undergrad classes (mostly on the labs).  I have found it quite useful also to double check a homework answer (for instance verifying I did the inverse Laplace transform of a given circuit correctly) to the point where I made a perfect score in the class (thanks Linear Tech!)  ;)

It may sound a bit geeky, but I was wondering if someone is working on a lite version of spice that would work on an Android smartphone (specifically my 1Ghz snapdragon Nexus One).  It has the processing power probably of a late 90s era Intel class desktop machine and I know spice has been around a lot longer than that.  My wife was asking if there were any apps I would like written for the phone as she is interested in doing some development (she is a brilliant software engineer).  Asking her to develop a full blown android spice simulator might be a bit much  ;D

Offline DJPhil

• Frequent Contributor
Re: pocket version of spice for android smartphones
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 06:16:06 pm »
That's an interesting idea! I'd be a bit worried about the data entry, but the power is very likely there.

The only thing that comes to mind is the work of Paul Falstad, specifically his java circuit sim applet. It's functionality is not designed to be as extensive as spice, but it's still very useful for tinkering with small, primarily analog circuits. There's a lot of hidden functionality within, like the ability to redraw the examples, change values, and so on. He does include the source code on his site as well.

At very least it may make a good starting point, and perhaps he'd be willing to collaborate.

Hope that helps. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf