Author Topic: Which printer to buy?  (Read 8139 times)

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
Re: Which printer to buy?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 08:51:49 am »
... I often feel uncomfortable buying something used for someone else. If it was just for me then fine, but I'll get all the grief when there's a problem.

I am so onboard with that. Even making product recommendations these days gives me the heebie jeebies as I inevitably get the "I can't make it work and you told me to buy that one" calls. Having said that, I still get the "I just bought a new weebly and I can't make it work, can you set up the network, navigate the manufacturers cryptic website and download/install all the drivers on our PCs?", which then morphs to "My old flibble doesn't work and it probably stopped working about the time you installed those weebly drivers so it's probabyl your fault. Can you come and fix it?".

Either way, I lose.

Personally I would have recommended an old HP too, but that's because I have 2 x LJ2200d, a CLJ5500dtn, a DJ750c & a DJ1250c and service manualls for all of them. The lasers have been absolutely solid, and the designjet has needed a few wear items done. All are cheap and reliable.
I steer clear of the Brother only because I've had some issues with the toner not being suitable for toner transfer onto PCB's. Not a reason that would bother you!.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf