Author Topic: Keysight University Live  (Read 14051 times)

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
Re: Keysight University Live
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 06:27:34 am »
Yes it is extra confusing. Every year seems like a disjointed venture.
I received one email Monday saying "thank you for registering". Tuesday I watched the video and entered everything and no email received. The live videos are at 10AM MDT and the winners names are read off at the end. So when was the draw for that day? Was I entered for the day? UGH  |O

I tried to go to the website at say 2AM to register early for that day but it does not have the next day's entry up, it's stuck at the previous day.

So I have no idea, for the third year now, I recall this stuff going on and very frustrating and hard to stay excited about the new equipment and offerings.

Offline subliti

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 10:06:41 am »
So how does this work, do i have to sign up every day ? Does the chance increase with every sign up ?
There is no description, but maybe i missed it.

To answer my own question..below the page at the very bottom is the FAQ link. This should have been at the top tbh.

https://connectlp.keysight.com/KULive-FAQ

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, Bud

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2021, 05:10:26 pm »
My confusion is the difference between registering and entering. I think I'm just to dumb to figure out the contest. It reminds me of McDonald's Monopoly game lol
I tried today and registered again, no idea if it's "valid" or duplicate or what "entry validation email" is, I did get a "Thank you for registering" email on Monday.
Clicked on "Click for your daily entry" and got the lucky checkmark. Who knows if any of this works.

People can multiply their # of entries a few different ways but it's not clear.
FAQ: "... Submit answers to the questions on the page following the initial registration page for 10 additional entries."
Never seen the question page this year.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:13:22 pm by floobydust »

Offline jtu

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 05:23:59 pm »
1- I know the country thing is always a topic. I work really hard to get as many folks included as I can, but local laws can be very restrictive. I also think this will be worth attending without the sweepstakes.

For European Union it should become more and more easy as we are working on a single market idea. Tbh, I was surprised EU single market regulation does not cover draws like you are doing on KULive already. I hope your legal knows the concept of EU single market and have really investigated it 😉

Thanks for the event anyway!

Greetings from Latvia, EU,
Jānis
Veiksmi,
Jānis

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 07:15:45 pm »
I was a little relieved that today they finally addressed the red buttons and the entry system during the live stream.  I was opening the livestream in a separate window (just YouTube) and you don't get any red buttons there to [Click for your daily entry] and [Click for exclusive access].

Today, Day 3, they finally clarified how they work but it's a bit late isn't it?  I'm sure I skimmed over some details in the process but I felt quite frustrated with how the whole kulive thing has been working / conducted. 

Offline Harshadb13

• Contributor
  • A DIY electronics enthusiast
    • My Instructables
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2021, 12:10:05 pm »
Hey all,

I really want to buy a scope. but keysight ones are really really expensive. Can some one guide me to get a scope with good bargain? The MHz in scope is not important for me, I am a mechanical engineering student

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2021, 03:33:32 pm »
I found an old tektronix 2211 on ebay with low use, close to mint condition on ebay a couple of years ago. its still within all the manufacturers specs as far as I can tell. Its a very good beginners scope. It is a good analog scope with some DSO features.

Its literally one of the first DSOs that ever came out but calling it a DSO while technically true would be deceiving.

I also have one of the first digital MSOs in the form of a Bitscope. It has very wide compatibility as far as computing platforms supported as well as logic analyzer / MSO features. If you get one really cheap, that would also be a good choice.

They can run off the USB power on a Raspberry Pi. This would be a good cheap (DSO) scope for a bench if you already have an RPI.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

The following users thanked this post: Harshadb13

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2021, 05:06:45 am »
Sorry everyone for the confusion and for not being on here to clear things up sooner! Last week was nuts and we made some changes to try to make the experience a little more seamless.

A couple quick answers:

1. The web updates at 8 AM Mountain Time
2. We will typically announce some winners at the end of the daily videos (except when the editor hides that layer on accident  |O ). We will also announce all winners in the livestreams.
3. The "get my daily entry" button is not something you have to press, but it gives you an extra entry. Every entry is included in every drawing (so it's just a bonus, not a mandatory thing)
4. There is a main registration page if you haven't signed in or cleared cookies. If you are cookied you should go right to the latest day's page. We also sent an email with a login-type link for those that lost their cookies and don't want to register again. We're trying to avoid the login + password thing. If you register again because your cookies cleared I won't hold it against you unless people start gaming the system.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Harshadb13

Offline Harshadb13

• Contributor
    • My Instructables
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2021, 05:22:45 am »
Looks like great scott is hosting  :D:

March 15: Essential tools every electronics lab needs
March 16: Measured: Wireless Car Key Showdown
March 17: How to use an Oscilloscope (in-depth tutorial)
March 18: 5 Reasons 5G is the Future
March 19: Function Generator - DIY or Buy?

:-DD :-DD :-DD Right

Offline Harshadb13

• Contributor
    • My Instructables
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2021, 05:24:44 am »
I found an old tektronix 2211 on ebay with low use, close to mint condition on ebay a couple of years ago. its still within all the manufacturers specs as far as I can tell. Its a very good beginners scope. It is a good analog scope with some DSO features.

Its literally one of the first DSOs that ever came out but calling it a DSO while technically true would be deceiving.

I also have one of the first digital MSOs in the form of a Bitscope. It has very wide compatibility as far as computing platforms supported as well as logic analyzer / MSO features. If you get one really cheap, that would also be a good choice.

They can run off the USB power on a Raspberry Pi. This would be a good cheap (DSO) scope for a bench if you already have an RPI.

Thanks!  I will look into it..

And I don't have RPi

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 04:25:15 pm »
I use the sign in bypass, that Keysight hands out via E-Mail.

Btw: I like it A LOT

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf