Author Topic: Haxson Smart Airfan  (Read 12032 times)

Offline townie.auTopic starter

Haxson Smart Airfan
« on: December 22, 2021, 10:57:43 am »
Hi
What do you think of this Dave?
Scam or legit?

https://www.haxson.com/airfancomingsoon

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Re: Haxson Smart Airfan
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 08:07:18 pm »
Fancy air filter/fan with various added features. Nothing dodgy to see here.
Only questions are the pre-order delivery time, quality, how good it is in reality, etc. if you are looking to use it.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 06:05:15 am »
Check out this video. Makes a few good points...

https://youtu.be/Xqo6F1VnRJM

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 07:44:23 am »
State your point here, not going to watch long video. Do you have any real points otherwise or just speculation?
Kickstarters may have issues producing HW products (as discussed on this forum many times, HW is more difficult than SW to develop/deliver).

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 09:13:15 am »
What he points out is
They state they are based in the u.s. but there's no registered business by that name. The ceo was questioned about this and stated that they actually based in China.
The 2 people that reply to comments about their product have nothing to be found anywhere about them social media anything.
The price seems quite low for what it is.
My point here is, I really like the idea of this but wanted to get others opinions on the product.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 04:30:02 pm »
They state they are based in the u.s. but there's no registered business by that name. The ceo was questioned about this and stated that they actually based in China.

People in the US and elsewhere are biased against Chinese companies right now, so pretending it's a US company sidesteps that. Here in the UK a well-known Japanese-sounding brand is actually a home-grown UK manufacturer, but they thought their name would ride the positive Japanese vibes of those times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_branding

The 2 people that reply to comments about their product have nothing to be found anywhere about them social media anything.

Perhaps they aren't the kind of suckers that succumb to the likes of Facebook :). Not having a social media presence myself, I could put this down as a positive for the product.

The price seems quite low for what it is.

So how much should it be? We could talk Dyson-level prices, but those are as massively inflated as Apple stuff so perhaps not indicative of actual costs of a product.

Offline luma

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 07:17:50 pm »
People in the US and elsewhere are biased against Chinese companies right now, so pretending it's a US company sidesteps that. Here in the UK a well-known Japanese-sounding brand is actually a home-grown UK manufacturer, but they thought their name would ride the positive Japanese vibes of those times.

People in the US have had the misfortune of buying inexpensive products with "MADE IN CHINA" on the label and are finally starting to draw some connections.  This company didn't select a "US-sounding" brand name, they straight up claimed to be based in the US.  That later turned out to be a lie.  I don't think your comparison here holds water.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 09:09:46 pm »
Finally, an AirFan! That should be much more useful than the WaterFan and SandFan I bought last year.

Seriously though, it's a strange product concept. Looks like somebody thought really long and hard about "what other functions could we cram in?". How did they miss the obvious opportunities of a video projector, pocket calculator, USB charger, morning coffee maker, ...?  ::)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf