Author Topic: EzBatteryReconditioning - easily revive any dead battery in minutes.  (Read 2948 times)

Offline RefrigeratorTopic starter

• Super Contributor
While watching youtube videos on lead acid battery reconditioning i noticed every single one of them had a comment in them with the link to ezbatteryreconditioning(dot)com.
Me being helplessly curious i just had to check it out and it's as good as scams get.  :-DD
With the help of my elite hacker skills i extracted the video URL from their website:

And it's basically just a guy selling you a bridge for 36 minutes.
Searched the forum and found a single mention of this site in 2017 and i think for staying online for so long it deserves a celebratory point-and-laugh.  ;D
To those who can't be bothered to watch the video it goes something like this:
Some dude starts telling you that you can fix any battery and save thousands of dollars, "let my friend explain how he came up with this ground breaking method". Then his "friend" (the MC of the story) comes and starts telling his life story and how his car battery died and "boo hoo can't afford new battery because i need to feed my children". Then he goes "actually i used to work at a golf course" (oh boy here we go) and explains how there was this guy who would take the dead golf cart batteries away for seemingly no reason, they called him the "battery man" (or something like that). One day the MC just decides to ask Frank (the battery guy) what does he do with the dead betteries and Frank just spills the beans that he brings them back to life and sells them for big bucks. MC asks Frank how does he do that but Frank's lips are sealed. Then MC asks Frank is he can also bring back dead car batteries and at that moment Frank's eyes (and i quote) "lit up" and he starts telling how he can fix any battery there is. Next MC asks Frank again how to fix batteries and apparently Frank has no problem giving all his secrets away this time. Immediately MC rushes to his car and apparently there and then brings his dead battery back to life (a miracle, no less!). And then the revolution begins, every relative gets their dead batteries revived, massive amounts of money gets saved. MC grabs all the dead golf cart batteries he can and builds himself a solar system and immediately cuts his electricity bills by 75% (sometimes even 100%), incredible!. Then MC's wife "puts down her foot", "we need to let the people know", "let's make the world a better place". So MC goes to talk to Frank about how they need to spread their message, at first Frank wasn't too keen but MC pulled out the "it's for the greater good" card and Frank eventually gave in. And here they are selling you their secret for only 47 bucks, what a bargain!

Basically this is what happens by the 10 minute mark, after that come the testimonials of the people who's life has been revolutionized by this secret. I couldn't be bothered to watch the video any further.  :-DD

The video reminded me of shitty fanfiction readings and is absolutely ridiculous in it's claims, amazing that people actually fall for this.
But anyways, i have an appointment with some hot singles in my area to pick up some dead batteries, cya!  :-DD
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, mikerj

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
Re: EzBatteryReconditioning - easily revive any dead battery in minutes.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 06:43:52 am »
Ceceil Neel even reconditioned Alkaline batteries. I think we have a winner here 8)

(Too bad this does not really work, most rechargeable batteries fail due to non-reversable chemical reactions, caused by structural and chemical imperfections of the electrodes.)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 08:13:28 am »
Ceceil Neel even reconditioned Alkaline batteries. I think we have a winner here 8)

(Too bad this does not really work, most rechargeable batteries fail due to non-reversable chemical reactions, caused by structural and chemical imperfections of the electrodes.)

Don't forget that you can also recondition dead laptop batteries as well!!  :clap:
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 05:12:10 pm »
I think it says something about their intended audience that they have to indicate in the "thumbnail" how to play the video and then how to turn on audio.   :-DD

Also weird how the inventor "Tom Ericson" clearly appears to be a paid voice-over artist.   :palm:

There are even people who try to scam people researching the scam e.g. https://www.facebook.com/ezbatteryreconditioningreviews/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 05:13:55 pm by Kean »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 01:00:03 pm »
I think it says something about their intended audience that they have to indicate in the "thumbnail" how to play the video and then how to turn on audio.   :-DD

Also weird how the inventor "Tom Ericson" clearly appears to be a paid voice-over artist.   :palm:

There are even people who try to scam people researching the scam e.g. https://www.facebook.com/ezbatteryreconditioningreviews/

I thought the voice was a text to speech, or was i being too optimistic?
Also the facebook page is funny, i like the bad grammar sprinkled on all of the posts like "Batteries can loss it's electrolyte in the long term".

Offline methods

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 06:12:45 pm »
Over the decades I've never seen anyone successfully recover a lead acid battery to more than 10 or 20% of its original capacity.

Most of the successful battery recover I've witnessed has been around piecing apart 18650 battery packs that are BMS protected.  it is quite common to find four good cells iand one bad cell.

Most recently I dissected a 2013 zero motorcycles 28s pack.  The pouches were something on the order of 20 or 25 amp hours, potted and what appeared to be silicone.  Many hours were spent carefully peeling The Onion.  in the end I tossed a pouch or two and ended up with two small packs and a 14s pack.

...  As for reconditioning lithium, I don't do it, ever.  Once a cell reaches 1 volt I throw it away.  I will recover a lithium battery that's resting it 2.1 volts or 2.3 volts. . .  But I am extremely wary of the internal resistance.  Heat is power, and power is the square of current times resistance, so a pack that may charge completely fine at 5 amps...  Can catch fire if the internal resistance spikes.

Good luck on your ventures

-methods

Offline bson

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 07:13:01 am »
Is this anything other than desulfation?  (Which will take more like weeks though, not "minutes"...)

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 12:37:42 am »
I see that video got taken down but I see something similar in servicing a maintenance battery:

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 11:37:22 am »
I see that video got taken down
Nothing of value was lost  8)

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf