Author Topic: Repairing - CCFL Magnifier Lamp With Fake Chinese MJE13003 Transistors  (Read 9805 times)

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
Folks,
              This is a video where my trusted chinese magnifier lamp with ccfl tube goes out for a six .There was a Capacitor Failure In This And Also From Two Of The Transsistors One Was Leaky And Needed Replacement .Both Were MJE13003 .But God Damn Both Had There Base Emitter And Collector On The Wrong Side And The New Replacement Transistors Needed To Be Installed Backwards .My Point Of This Video Was To Let the New Repairmen Assume Nothing But Use Your Head .

Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline nukie

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Repairing - CCFL Magnifier Lamp With Fake Chinese MJE13003 Transistors
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:34:51 pm »
Funny that it worked! But for how long?

Those 13003 are very popular in cheap 5V SMPS/chargers/adapters/wallwarts. I have seen them in packages as small as TO-92!!
http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/6665844/Switch_Transistor_13002_13003.html

Have you seen the deadly mains wiring in the hot air stations threads in review section of this forum? Assume everything is wrong from factory until proven right!

I understand that it is not a necessity to have a HD camera because in India life can be hard but try to avoid glare when filming.  Make more repair & troubleshooting videos I like it!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:02:31 pm by nukie »

Offline ablacon64

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 12:55:57 pm »
Is that safe?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »
Strange enough India is a big place. You can drop Australia and New Zealand into one province and not even notice it. If you dropped the entire population into Mumbai you would be hard pressed to find them. They would most likely fit all in one suburb.

Living in a city with the largest population from the subcontinent outside of India I can get a big selection of cuisine, and curry is a small portion of it. add to that a large selection of assorted music that is definitely NOT Bhangra, and a collection of languages that makes the 11 official languages small in comparison.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 07:42:08 am »
Most of Australia is desert, and is so sparsely populated that the Antarctic is a good comparison for population density. You only use the coastal areas, so that is the effective liveable area. India is populated all over , only when you get above the permanent snow line is it low density.

Offline Mr Smiley

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 05:07:58 pm »
Your use of the English language and choice of words is just excellent.

You cheered me up after a bad day  :)

You must do more  ;)

Mr Smiley  :)
There is enough on this planet to sustain mans needs. There will never be enough on this planet to sustain mans greed.

Offline steve30

• Frequent Contributor
    • Stephen Coates' Homepage
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 08:08:00 pm »
Nice looking Analog meter .

Are you really in India? , i see no takeaway curry containers on the bench and hear no Bhangra music in background :o

Hehe. We have too many such stereotypes. I tend to associate China with crap electronics and takeaway food but surely there must be more to it than that? I have a nice Indian takeaway down the road that does lovely curries. I think its owned by some English people now, but it used to be owned by Indians.

Back on topic... Good, interesting video, thanks.

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 04:21:32 am »
Funny that it worked! But for how long?

Those 13003 are very popular in cheap 5V SMPS/chargers/adapters/wallwarts. I have seen them in packages as small as TO-92!!
http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/6665844/Switch_Transistor_13002_13003.html

Have you seen the deadly mains wiring in the hot air stations threads in review section of this forum? Assume everything is wrong from factory until proven right!

I understand that it is not a necessity to have a HD camera because in India life can be hard but try to avoid glare when filming.  Make more repair & troubleshooting videos I like it!

Well,
       The First One For 10 Years  :D .And Hopefully this one for 10 more  .The only thing i might need to stock is the ccfl round tube .Cos might be till that time they stop making one .Modding it to led would be nice too  .Well this video is really bad i have three more videos on youtube and they are kinda ok and were taken via a still camera mounted on a foldable charcase lol  .This was done with hand

@ Sean ,Geuser Etc  ,
      This is a Really Good Meter Analog One i Have really sturdy and impressive .I will do a small teardown of the same soon and also make a video 
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 06:58:02 am »
My Hioki 3001 was made in Japan many years ago, and has survived well. I have had a few oops moments with it, and have a box of spare fuses next to the battery ( 6.3x32 glass 1A fuses) for those moments. Had to fix resistance ranges when accidentally applied 12V and cremated a resistor. Accuracy is still very good, all DC voltage ranges work to spec and AC is as good as it can be, off under 10% of FS because of the diode rectifier, and current and resistance are within 5% which is in spec. I have had this for over 30 years now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf