Author Topic: SONY KDL32S5600  (Read 1255 times)

Offline lionelkjhTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
SONY KDL32S5600
« on: October 29, 2018, 06:45:12 pm »
Good evening everyone!! I have a TV SONY KDL32S5600 which has the following symptom: when the ignition is green, then abruptly the relay RL101 switches and the LED flashes 3 times. I changed the NAND on the main board (IC4701) by a programmed delivered NAND. Problem: the fault remains unchanged. I went through several forums and it seems that the fault is in the power (power protect). By watching more closely I realized that C216 remains charged more than 300V and unplugging the tv the light continues to flash a long time which seems to be a power failure that does not consume power to discharge the capacitor filtering. Has anyone had this failure ?? If so, what are the components involved ??? Thanks for your help! :-//

Offline lionelkjhTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SONY KDL32S5600
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:59:21 am »
help! |O |O |O

Offline t1d

• Super Contributor
Re: SONY KDL32S5600
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:20:05 am »
Warning. TV circuits can hold dangerous power levels. Take all precautions, to prevent electrocution. Discharge caps, etc.

If you suspect that there may be an issue with the power protection, I suggest that you check for a bad diode. A bad diode or e-cap is very typical. Bad e-caps can, often, be found with a close visual inspection. Look for leaks and/or swelling.

I imagine the flash code means something in particular, but you will likely have to dig for that, yourself. A cap can power an LED for a good long while, depending on what components are involved.

Here is the manufacturer's document site. The bigger operations manual has a troubleshooting section that mentions blink codes. But, I didn't see your pattern.
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-32s5600#downloads

You may get better information, on a TV repair forum. They're out there. Be careful though, some are pay to play.

Also, I think YouTube has some channels where you can ask questions. I did a quick YT search for your make and model and found several videos directly related to your issue.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=SONY+KDL32S5600

The reason you did not get a quick response is likely the fact that most folks on this forum think you have a basic responsibility to investigate these types of resources yourself. I, on the other hand, think that, sometimes, folks don't know about these basic resources. Hence, why I replied.

Keep at it. Ask more questions, if necessary.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:22:03 am by t1d »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf