Author Topic: BASIC Program for Build An Intelligent Serial EPROM Programmer (8052-AH BASIC)  (Read 1788 times)

Offline MahechiukTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi everyone,

I remembered that it was called "Build An Intelligent Serial EPROM Programmer" from BYTE magazine and I lost her a long time ago, and finally a short time ago I found a downloadable PDF file on the Internet.

I couldn't find a program for "Build An Intelligent Serial EPROM Programmer".

How do I get a BASIC program download for 8052-AH BASIC?

Could someone give me a chance to help?

Thanks.

Offline Tarloth

• Regular Contributor
You're talking about a VERY old article, Byte's section "Circuit Cellar", october 1986. You can download the complete issue from https://archive.org/details/byte-magazine-1986-10 , but not the software. I used that programmer until the early 90's and then donated it to my university. I did erased this file decades ago, and I'm not sure that the software in teh oPossum link was the original, but you can ask to Steve Ciarcia , author of the article and founder of the Circuit Cellar magazine after Byte cancel the column.

But please, let me be a bit curious, why you need to build that programmer in 2021?

• Contributor
Hi Tarloth

Yes, your question is a very good one because I can't buy one of the expensive programmers with a USB port for my little money wallet ☹️

I have an old EPROM programmer with an ISA connector for PC because they would not make more PCs with ISA connectors that have been obsolete. Well, I have a modern PC with USB ports and a USB to RS232 interface board.

A while ago, I found and downloaded the same BYTE article (PDF).

We are right; I know this is this old article, y many years ago I finished building a complete module with an 8052-AH BASIC microcontroller and its other components.

I am going to build a new I/O expansion for EPROM programmer.

This programmer cannot run without this program, how does a BASIC program to record EPROM memories?

I doubt that Steve Ciarcia would recognize this article and I do not know his email.

How am I going to contact oPossum? :palm:

Greetings
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:10:49 pm by Mahechiuk »

• Contributor
Hi

I already got "CCSP Info and CODE.ZIP".

I have a question about SEPROM16.HEX.

I need to know if SEPROM16.HEX is for 8052-AH BASIC microcontroller and burn an EPROM 27128 (16K).

Thank for you help

Offline Tarloth

• Regular Contributor
OK, I send a PM (Te envié un mensaje personal)

• Contributor
Did you read a message today? I sent you twice without knowing.

Offline Tarloth

• Regular Contributor
Sorry Mahechiuk, I was offline for two days, I just answer your PM

Online oPossum

• Super Contributor
  • Very dangerous - may attack at any time
I need to know if SEPROM16.HEX is for 8052-AH BASIC microcontroller and burn an EPROM 27128 (16K).

Yes. It is version 1.6. I have it running on a minimal 8052 system. A listing of the BASIC program is attached.

• Contributor
Hello Tarloth, Matthieu Benoit and oPossum

Without more, I want to thank much to the three for receiving your best responses.

They are good and intelligent persons.

Greetings, Mahechiuk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf