Author Topic: Ersa i-Con2V hands-on teardown and mini-review  (Read 11753 times)

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Ersa i-Con2V hands-on teardown and mini-review
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 04:28:21 pm »
That's blaming the station/iron for your mistake IMO. If you need more thermal mass to be happy, then use the proper tip! There are plenty of larger tips with much more thermal mass available. Aside from this, if you make sure to add a good blob of solder to the tips before attempting a larger joint, the thermal mass of the tip will be substantially increased.

The screw collars are best used one per tip for hot swapping. They really aren't that expensive, and make things much easier. Tips can be changed with bare hands pretty easily that way, I do it all the time.

As far as the power ratings, I did quite a lot of looking at Ersa publications before I bought my i-Con 1 and I saw a couple that rated the i-Tool used with the i-Con 1 at 80W continuous, 150W for up to 30 seconds at a time. What the cooldown period between was (duty cycle) they didn't specify.

Offline Mogli1476

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2021, 12:12:47 am »
Hey Friends,

thanks for the special disassembly of the ersa soldering station. I need a little help for my ersa station i-Con 2, the old one without Sd card support. But inside it looks the same like the i-con2v .
I'm trying to install an sd card upgrade to my station and need exact pics of this sd card holder or installation place and how this sd card holder is connected to the mainboard.
In your pics i cannot see the plug for the sd card. Do you have the possibility to send me further pics of exactly this sd card installation?
It would be a pleasure for me.
Thanks and best regards,
Mike

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2021, 02:42:46 pm »
The SD card holder is on the main board. I would guess you'd need more than just the card holder. Some extra solder bridges or resistors might be needed to let the processor think it is a V version. And you might even need another board.
The pictures added are from a 1V, but it is the same board as a 2V.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf