Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1107021 times)

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Agilent DSOX3000 and Tektronix DPO3000 are just different. I would choose Agilent because it must be easy and fast to use, but that Tektronix has some useful extra features. I like its two big multipurpose knobs.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

The following users thanked this post: Andrew

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Here is Agilent guys' point of view.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
I rarely look at parallel busses or that many digital signals at once.

I guess I misread that... ;)

Offline Smalldog

picked up a new dso-x 2002 from frys for $1000 today, updated firmware to 2.35, applied usb with a transcend 4GB usb formatted as FAT16, worked fine.

neato

I saw an open box (not sure if it's a return or not) Agilent DSOX2002A at the Fry's in Phoenix.  I think they wanted $1049 for it.  I looked at the shipping date on the box, and (if memory serves me right) it was shipped to Fry's in October of 2012, so it's been on the shelf for at least 18 months.  It's not listed on the website as available in the store, but I saw it there.  Thinking about seeing if they will discount it to $999 since it's been there so long, and if it's a return, who knows if it has problems because I am pretty sure that Fry's is not competent at testing this kind of equipment other than powering it on and saying "it's works fine".

Out of curiosity, which Fry's did you manage to scoop your scope up at?

Smalldog

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
I am considering making a LAN board from my DSOX2x. Getting the PCB from itead would leave me with 4-9 spares, so I wondered if anyone else is interested in this? The way it would work, I think, is that I would make a board complete with magjack (since trying to find the same one as someone else designed around can be problematic) and sell it on at cost. Modifying the blank panel cover would be your problem, although I might be amenable do that as well.

Offline iRad

• Regular Contributor
  • Are you sure it's safe?
I am considering making a LAN board from my DSOX2x.

Where are you located?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Where are you located?

I am in the UK.

Offline Sbampato12

• Regular Contributor
How much do you think it could cost at the end? possible with the shipment (to brazil). If I could afford it I'm interested (I've just bought too much gears, so I'm little in trouble about money next 2 months... :) ).

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
At a rough guess, the PCB would be about £3-4, the magjack about £8,  (nearly double those for $US) plus shipping.

Offline fmaimon

• Supporter
Quote from: Sbampato12 on Today at 05:04:38 PM
How much do you think it could cost at the end? possible with the shipment (to brazil). If I could afford it I'm interested (I've just bought too much gears, so I'm little in trouble about money next 2 months... :) ).

Try quoting in Agilent's website. You may find it's not that worth the trouble to import it. Yes, it is more expensive than buying in the US, but the difference is less than the shipping and import taxes that you will have to pay...

Brainfart... Somehow I though you were talking about a new oscilloscope...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:21:14 pm by fmaimon »

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
Hi. I am interested in a board.

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
I thought I saw the magjack at coolcomponents.co.uk? I ordered one but never got the board sorted or tested the magjack itself. This magjack was from the board posted earlier in this forum. It was cheap as well.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
This magjack was from the board posted earlier in this forum

Yes, I couldn't find that one and the pins looked non-standard. But I've since discovered that the part number on the pdf is incorrect (I think) with a 2 where a 1 should be. So now I've found it and it costs about £4.50 plus VAT.

That makes things a lot easier and I am about to send the gerbers for that board to itead (thanks very much georgd for doing those). But first, could someone with a pukka one confirm that it is 1.6mm PCB, or are we talking thinner stuff?

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
Okay great. I am definitely up for a board thanks.

Offline iRad

• Regular Contributor
  • Are you sure it's safe?
At a rough guess, the PCB would be about £3-4, the magjack about £8,  (nearly double those for $US) plus shipping.
Please put me on your list...

Offline georgd

• Regular Contributor
But first, could someone with a pukka one confirm that it is 1.6mm PCB, or are we talking thinner stuff?

Yes, the PCB must 1.6 mm thick.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Yes, the PCB must 1.6 mm thick

Cheers :)

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
It's a bit late to worry about this now because itead have the gerbers, but there seems to be a problem with the LEDs on this board:

Module is working with some restrictions described in my previous post, only LEDs no lit

It seems to me the problem is that the magjack has bi-colour LEDs (i.e. two in reverse parallel) but the layout assumes single ended LEDs (common return). I checked the magjack on the hi-res photo someone posted (thanks!) and that also has bi-colours, so I think the pinout on this board is incorrect for the LED connections.

Not sure how this can be resolved without access to a real unit. Maybe someone with one could trace the connections for us?

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
Well as long as the network connection works I do no really care about the leds.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Particularly since they're round the back and usually not visible :). But it is the principle of the thing and would be nice to get it right.

Offline georgd

• Regular Contributor

Module is working with some restrictions described in my previous post, only LEDs no lit

I must correct statement in my previous post, LED are working.
Green for link and Yellow to activity indicator.
Reason for not working is mistake in pin position.
Please study attached images.

Georg

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Can you expand on that pin mistake, please? I haven't worked out what it is and what it should be.

Offline fmaimon

• Supporter
If there is any spare board, I would like one, with the magjack, if possible. These kind of things are hard to come by in Brazil.

Offline WVL_KsZeN

• Regular Contributor
I'd be interested aswell (I'm in .nl).

Offline cyr

• Frequent Contributor
Finally got my back-ordered DSOX3034A, downgraded to 2.35 and "upgraded" successfully. An 8GB sandisk cruzer blade USB stick worked fine as boot medium. I did notice this issue though:

I just tried out the LAN functions today and noticed some weird errors with the hacked USB method. If I boot from the hacked drive I get hit with errors like these on web page access:
Parse error in script

Microsoft VBScript runtime error: '800a01ad'

Description: ActiveX component can't create object: 'infiniiVisionWebCom.ScopeInfo'

In file: scopeInfo.asp
On line: 4

Other network functions are fine like telnet, VNC, java and HTML5 based (http://xxx/rfp.html) remote panels. So it looks like only dynamically generated pages are bad.

Anyone know a fix for this? Putting the hack in internal flash perhaps?

EDIT in case anyone is looking for info, putting the hacked files into internal flash does fix the issue with the web interface. /EDIT
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:20:01 am by cyr »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf