Author Topic: MSO1000Z series software licensing  (Read 849 times)

Offline DMKitschTopic starter

MSO1000Z series software licensing
« on: May 21, 2020, 12:28:59 am »
Hi,

I've been debating whether to buy a MSO1000Z series scope which seems to be the same as the DS1000 Plus series with a common firmware? I was wondering if I can enable a higher bandwidth on these scopes, like you can on the non plus models from 50MHz up to 100MHz.

From what I understand I can enable all software options once I have dumped the internal keys, but it seems like it may not be a software option to increase the bandwidth available? I've been looking at link 1 as a basis for doing this hack. I guess the main question is whether it does exist as a key that may not be showing in the GUI or whether anyone has released a custom firmware that can enable the higher bandwidth options on the scope? I guess it's not really a deal breaker either way, just looking into my options available

I appreciate all the help that's given,
Dave

link 1: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/sniffing-the-rigol_s-internal-i2c-bus/msg569236/#msg569236

Offline jiarui

• Contributor
Re: MSO1000Z series software licensing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 02:15:57 pm »
I bought a MSO1074Z when Arrow had a ridiculous sale (I bought it about $350, with logic probes).  I was able to enable all options. It is reporting that it is an MSO1104Z.  So, I assume that it is a 100Mhz model now.

Offline DMKitschTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 05:36:47 pm »
Beauty, thanks so much for the info. I must say I'm a little envious of your deal, I've just paid double that in the UK  ;D

Offline KK1L

• Contributor
    • KK1L
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 04:44:55 pm »
Was your change to 100MHz official, JTAG memory dump, or were you able to load the firmware which allows the memory dump over LAN? I am stuck not being able to load a down-level firmware, and none of the SCPI interface programs yield any joy on that front either (bildschirmkopie, UltraSigma, etc).

73 es God Bless,
KK1L, Ron <><
73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf