Author Topic: Rigol DS1074Z-S - Random use videos  (Read 52708 times)

Offline evanh

• Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1074Z-S - Random use videos
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2013, 06:59:25 am »
It is as Mark_O says, just a matter of it being easier to get a photo, preview it and qualify it, and then transmit it to the computer.  I actually downsize the image a bit on the PC before uploading but if I am being less than green on my use of resources I guess I could downsize more.  (Mostly just trying to preserve image quality to show the somewhat small text and graphics on the small screen.)  I don't notice much/any hit on speed (I have plenty of bandwidth on this end).  I guess even when bandwidth and storage are marching toward nearly free that 10x would be a useful improvement to attain.  No promises, but I'll look into it.

I wouldn't worry about it.  If it's convenient for you, it works for us.  I've appreciated seeing your test screens in detail, so I wouldn't bother trying to shrink or compress things more.  I think that Evan was just trying to suggest something you may not be aware of yet .

It probably is worth pointing out it does impact the website.  These files have to be sent to everyone that views them.  And the screen "prints" are a fraction of the file size of the jpegs and have no lossiness at all.  100% reproduction.

Offline metalphreakTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • http://d.av.id.au
    • D.av.id.AU
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2013, 01:03:33 pm »
Got my replacement scope back today  :-+ Guys at Emona Australia are fantastic to deal with. I'm glad I bought locally  ;)

I forgot to mention earlier, but my -S version came with 2 BNC to BNC cables ~60cm in length. Rigol doesn't list them on the packaging contents or the manual. They're not amazing BNC cables or anything, but nice to have if you don't already have some!

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2013, 04:12:05 pm »
Got my replacement scope back today  :-+ Guys at Emona Australia are fantastic to deal with. I'm glad I bought locally  ;)

That's pretty good turnaround.  IIRC, that was only about 10 days?

I forgot to mention earlier, but my -S version came with 2 BNC to BNC cables ~60cm in length.

Handy, and very user considerate.

One question about the -S that I think I know the answer on, but the function generator has no lin/log sweep, does it?  It's not mentioned in the manual, but that's no proof.

• Frequent Contributor
    • D.av.id.AU
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2013, 03:52:19 am »
I don't remember seeing an option for sweep. Might be hidden in the arb waveform section. I haven't taken a good look at that yet.

Replacement arrived two days after they received my return package :)

Offline evanh

• Contributor
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2013, 03:28:31 am »
By sweep I presume you mean automatically range through the octaves over time by having the waveform adjust (or the timebase) on each repeat of the waveform?  Definitely can't do that from the control panel.  Might be a possibility via remote control.

• Frequent Contributor
    • D.av.id.AU
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2013, 02:18:26 pm »
A little something I noticed yesterday when playing around with the decode options.

You can select two decoders at once, but by default, the location on the screen where they display overlaps. You need to move one of them using the options menu so you can see both. At first glance, it might seem like you're only allowed one at a time  ::)

Offline JBR48

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2014, 01:07:37 pm »
Perhaps a stupid question, but I do not get the screenshot via USB to work. I think the problem is that none of my USB sticks are recognized by my Rigol MSO1104Z. If I stick a USB stick in the front panel, nothing happens.

• Frequent Contributor
    • D.av.id.AU
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 05:29:31 am »
Perhaps a stupid question, but I do not get the screenshot via USB to work. I think the problem is that none of my USB sticks are recognized by my Rigol MSO1104Z. If I stick a USB stick in the front panel, nothing happens.

Needs to be formatted with a FAT filesystem not NTFS, otherwise the rigol won't pick it up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf