Author Topic: Rigol DS2000A display freeze on manual memory depth.  (Read 2571 times)

Offline npelovTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
Rigol DS2000A display freeze on manual memory depth.
« on: October 13, 2016, 11:19:51 am »
I recently updated firmware (see attachment) of my Rigol DS2072A, hoping that some of the bugs will be fixed. I noticed that If I set the memory depth to manual the display freezes at certain time bases (). The display shows last waveform, but the UI is still responsive. If I move the signal or move the trigger, the trigger state doesn't update on screen. Also single works fine. With auto memory depth the display is updated as it should. Did I mess something up or it's a bug? Can I downgrade?

Also I have the feeling that screen is updating too slow - like 3-4 times/s even with auto memory depth. At 5us/div the screen update should be relatively fast.

Did anyone else had the same problem?

P.S.
I haven't tried reset to defaults. I'll do that now.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
Re: Rigol DS2000A display freeze on manual memory depth.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:25:57 am »
Well, I messed up  |O !!! I've set trigger holdoff to a quite big number because I had troubles triggering on digital data and I forgot about it. I set "startup" to "default", rebooted and it worked fine, and I remembered what what did.

Does anyone know how to reset everything to default without rebooting the scope?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:53:21 pm by npelov »

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 01:31:58 pm »
Well, I messed up  |O !!! I've set trigger holdoff to a quite big number because I had troubles triggering on digital data and I forgot about it. I set "startup" to "default", rebooted and it worked fine, and I remembered what what did.

Does anyone know how to reset everything to default without rebooting the scope?

Connect the probe to the calibration signal and press "Auto"?  :popcorn:

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 05:22:49 pm »
Connect the probe to the calibration signal and press "Auto"?  :popcorn:

Yes, that removes the holdoff and other trigger settings. It doesn't reset everything, but it'll probably fix most of the stuff I can mess up.

Offline DG5SAY

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »
I recently updated firmware (see attachment) of my Rigol DS2072A, (...)

The newest firmware is 00.03.05.00.01. Download here:

http://beyondmeasure.rigoltech.com/acton/ct/1579/p-001a/Bct/-/-/ct1_0/1?sid=TV2%3AMThO8uNxL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf