Author Topic: Sourcing parts for Tektronix 2445A  (Read 2088 times)

Offline NuchazTopic starter

Sourcing parts for Tektronix 2445A
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:52:35 am »
Hello! I've been a long time EEVBlog viewer and lurker, but this is my first post. Hopefully this is in the right area.

I just bought  Tektronix 2445A off from ebay for $200 and everything on it seems to work great except the intensity knob has been broken off. The shaft of the pot has broken off so it's not usable at all. I'm trying to search for a replacement and was wondering if anyone on here knows of any good places for sources these older parts like this. I would like something as close to the original as I can get, but I don't really want to spend like $20 for a 5K pot and another $15 for a plastic knob. I'll hack in a different style pot/knob if I need to just to get it working, but it would be nice to have it looking original. I am missing the plastic knob all together and the plastic shaft extension piece is broken as well. The pot itself is a clarostat 311-2174-01 5k ohm with USA markings.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find the pot and/or knob fairly cheaply?

I added a couple pics as attachments here, the first is just a pic of it running. This is actually my first scope and I am really happy with it. I figured I better start with an analog scope as per Dave's advice. :) Other than the knob, everything seems to work good. In the second image you can clearly see where the pot had broken off. It seems the scope had taken a drop and the intensity pot/knob took the brunt of the damage. The focus / readout intensity / scale illum where all slightly bent too, but I was able to straighten them without a problem.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
Re: Sourcing parts for Tektronix 2445A
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:59:11 am »
These folks have the knob for $8 and the pot for $8 as well. The "correct" knob (with the line) is out of stock, but the blank one will fit as well and look practically identical.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline NuchazTopic starter

Re: Sourcing parts for Tektronix 2445A
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:43:40 pm »
Thanks!, that looks like a pretty good site for sourcing all kinds of these obsolete parts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf