Author Topic: Siemens S 43205-M-A (TV-Antennen-Messprozessor)  (Read 1999 times)

Offline ddrl46Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Siemens S 43205-M-A (TV-Antennen-Messprozessor)
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:03:29 pm »
I've had this device for about a year and managed to get it more or less working but I haven't been able to find any information about it on the internet. I wonder if anyone on this forum knows what it is or has any documentation on it.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
Re: Siemens S 43205-M-A (TV-Antennen-Messprozessor)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:14:57 am »
I'm pretty sure it is a Signal Strength Meter for adjusting "free to air" TV receiving antennas & distribution systems.
The raster display is probably for displaying analog TV pictures.
Even if you don't have analog TV anymore,the signal strength part should still be useful,depending on the tuning range.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:33:41 am »
I can confirm that it is an analogue terrestrial TV signal analyser. I have a similar unit from the same manufacturer. Its quite a beast and not exactly portable ! I believe my unit was used to monitor signal quality rather than to align aerials. Its driven by an 8bit microprocessor and my unit refuses to boot correctly. The large MEMCAP had leaked on the CPU board.

I translated the front panel using Google translate and that helped workout the various functions.

I have yet to find any documentation on these units but then I have not looked that hard. I bought it on a whim and it is so much larger than my other TV signal meters that I doubt I will ever use it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:39:51 am by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline ddrl46Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:22:31 pm »
I can confirm that it is an analogue terrestrial TV signal analyser. I have a similar unit from the same manufacturer. Its quite a beast and not exactly portable ! I believe my unit was used to monitor signal quality rather than to align aerials. Its driven by an 8bit microprocessor and my unit refuses to boot correctly. The large MEMCAP had leaked on the CPU board.

I translated the front panel using Google translate and that helped workout the various functions.

I have yet to find any documentation on these units but then I have not looked that hard. I bought it on a whim and it is so much larger than my other TV signal meters that I doubt I will ever use it.
My unit is powered by a Motorola MC6800 and the memory backup batteries have also leaked, luckily those were on a separate card. I'm not sure if it's actually doing what it's supposed to do since pretty much all the buttons do the same thing (make the number on the front count up to 57.36 and make the screen display two black bars as seen in the third image) and become unresponsive after that (maybe something to do with the card with the batteries).   

This one also came with a battery pack that bolted onto the back and contained 6 2v lead acid batteries (which are of course dead).

Could you post pictures of your unit?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:40:18 pm by ddrl46 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf