Author Topic: Siglent 1202X-E Hardware and Software Versions  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Roger NeedTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Siglent 1202X-E Hardware and Software Versions
« on: February 08, 2019, 08:14:10 pm »
A few days ago I received another SDS1202X-E oscilloscope.  This one had a calibration letter dated November 2018.  The previous unit had a calibration letter dated February 2018 and I updated the  software to the latest version.  I went to the utility menu and took pictures of the System Status screen.  The photos are below.

The serial number format has changed from BBC2 to CDD2. I also noticed that the software prefix was different between the two units although they both seemed to be running the latest software.  The hardware was identified as being different as well.  The earlier model was 0c-01 and the latest 00-02.

Anyone know what changes have been made to the hardware and why the software versions are different?

The following users thanked this post: fabrizio_fabrice

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
Re: Siglent 1202X-E Hardware and Software Versions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 11:10:42 pm »
What about the Scope IDs?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 12:40:16 am »
What about the Scope IDs?

The 2000 series has a scope ID but I don't think there is a scope ID for the 1202X-E scope.   My photo shows all the info on the System status screen...

Roger

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:01:18 am »
run the SCPI command : "SCOPE_ID?" If you want to share it with tv84 I would PM him, as it seems to be unique per device

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 07:51:42 pm »
@ Roger Need
Just got your PM about this.....

No need to worry......consider any manufacturing process and sourcing the BOM.....is supply guaranteed and can BOM be sourced cheaper OR of better quality ?
How would you identify product with BOM changes ?

Hint. In the SN# coding.  ;)

There have been many SN# coding changes, they are not reserved for only X-E models as ongoing improvements.

Enjoy you new scope, your CDD2 SN# coding is identical to a new stock unit I sold yesterday with SN# 9998.  :o
So there should be another small change soon as SN#'s only ever have 4 digits.

BTW, this one I sold yesterday, the fan was very quiet. Is yours like that ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:50:16 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 09:39:10 pm »

Enjoy you new scope, your CDD2 SN# coding is identical to a new stock unit I sold yesterday with SN# 9998.  :o
So there should be another small change soon as SN#'s only ever have 4 digits.

BTW, this one I sold yesterday, the fan was very quiet. Is yours like that ?

The new unit has about the same sound level of white noise as the February manufactured date one I got awhile ago.   However it does not have the high pitched whine which gets annoying after a while.  Both are very quiet when cold but after about 10 minutes the scope software increases the fan speed on both units.

My serial number is a about a hundred less than the one you received yesterday.

One thing I notice is the encoder knobs are a little stiffer on the new model and the button on the far left under the screen has a clicking sound when pressed (others do not).  Maybe they got a new encoder and button supplier.

I updated the February unit firmware but you can see in the photos that the rev level numbers are different in the first few digits.  Odd...

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 09:55:56 pm »
Ah, OK.
I'm just checking for correct functionality, infant mortality and probes are OK and compensated and correct colored rings attached plus adding my company sticker before dispatch. I do notice some fans are quieter than others.

Next one I unbox I will see if the fan model is visible and post it up somewhere so that those that wish they could be quieter can have a better fan replacement option.

As for HW variations, they could be anything.....think about it, new fan model, different PSU, LCD, keypad etc, etc.
Mods are always being made to improve products.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 12:07:08 am »
Ah, OK.
I'm just checking for correct functionality, infant mortality and probes are OK and compensated and correct colored rings attached plus adding my company sticker before dispatch. I do notice some fans are quieter than others.

???

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 12:20:09 am »
Ah, OK.

???
Burn in.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline mroek

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 08:23:10 am »
@tautech: I get that you do this as a customer service (and that is great), but it begs the question if Siglent's QC is so bad that you actually get units that are DOA?

Do you perform any specific tests on the units (except for probe compensation that you mentioned), and if so, could you share what those are?

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 09:05:11 am »
Every company has some level of QC rate when things have been through international freight, I get Life / Death level safety gear from germany (failure could mean near immediate death of user), and it still has about a 0.2% failure rate after international shipping because somewhere along the line things where dropped and something came loose. So as a dealer you make sure everything seems correct before sending out to your customer.

Also as a dealer lets you get ahead of any new features, missed parts, etc,

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 09:17:40 am »
@tautech: I get that you do this as a customer service (and that is great), but it begs the question if Siglent's QC is so bad that you actually get units that are DOA?
Never had one DOA ever.

Do you perform any specific tests on the units (except for probe compensation that you mentioned), and if so, could you share what those are?
None, just compensate the probes, fit correct colored rings, set channel input and probe attenuation to 10x, timebase  and V/div appropriate to observe probe Cal signal (not factory default) and check firmware is latest version.....and update if necessary.
Pack probes away and fit company sticker for a total run time of ~10 minutes.

Re-box scope ready for dispatch with high confidence in a product I supply and best possible customer's first impression.

I used to not do such pre-dispatch checks until a customer reported a faulty probe and a year later I found another but none since.
Wise member rf-loop some years ago suggested to check probes.

If nothing else all this has me very familiar with most Siglent products.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline mroek

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 11:31:34 am »
Thanks! I'm looking forward to receiving my unit, but unfortunately the shipment (to the retailer I'm buying from) has been delayed in customs in Germany, so I don't know when I'll be getting it. I doubt any pre-checks will be done on it by the retailer (like you do), so I will check it over myself. No problem of course, as I will want to get familiar with the instrument anyways.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf