Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 14817929 times)

Carl_Smith and 56 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #21200 on: December 15, 2018, 10:09:17 am »

They are my design and drawings when I get some more Zzzz after talking to the 4.30am possum with a large stick I will zip them up and post them and the stl's. I also dremeled the base out of the rear section for more depth.
It's a regular? Is your area on a 30min or hourly interval?
>

For the last 3 nights 4am +- 30 minutes  :horse: It's generally a Springtime Summer thing and my bedroom is near one of it's hangouts.

I have a small electric fence unit possum trainer on watch on evilbay >:D
My deepest sympathies.......protected species, whereas here they don't get a second change to disturb our slumbers.............BANG !
Hmm, thats a bit risky, what if your neighbours take the same attitude towards you letting of a firearm in the early hours? BANG in your direction ?  :-DD
About that.....not quite early hours yet but getting home just now from a festive season party one of those blinking cheeky Aussie bush tails was a couple of yards from the back door in the bloody garden !
He met his maker !

Preventative strike.......he won't awaken us now !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21201 on: December 15, 2018, 10:23:23 am »
I was woken up by foxes fighting or bonking last night. Wish I could do the same! Not fighting or bonking, well maybe the latter, but shooting them.

Whole day of fixing stuff today! Scheduled are: Front panel of washing machine got water in it and one of switches has died, thermostat “up” button has stopped working, tek 475A timebase problem, Tek 465 attenuator problem. All related to contacts! Bloody mechanical engineers ruining my day  >:(

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #21202 on: December 15, 2018, 10:37:05 am »
I was woken up by foxes fighting or bonking last night. Wish I could do the same! Not fighting or bonking, well maybe the latter, but shooting them.

Tautech and I could send you some live possums to help feed the Foxes if you like, it's not like non native species could do any damage.

Our natives thank you for the Rats, Cats, Foxes and just so many others it would be the least we could do in return  >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21203 on: December 15, 2018, 10:46:22 am »
Not feeding the foxes! London foxes for you  :-DD

https://youtu.be/6qUNFnjmP4o

Anyway back on TEA, first victim on the bench. 465 attenuator!

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21204 on: December 15, 2018, 10:52:36 am »

Whole day of fixing stuff today! Scheduled are: Front panel of washing machine got water in it and one of switches has died, thermostat “up” button has stopped working, tek 475A timebase problem, Tek 465 attenuator problem. All related to contacts! Bloody mechanical engineers ruining my day  >:(
Gee, thanks, you just reminded me that the front panel on the dishwasher needs my attention and its not mechanical engineers who have ruined my day but ham fisted operators who seem to understand that when you pull on the handle, you also have lower your hand as the door opens  :palm: They have managed to almost tear the handle into 3 pieces because it looks as if they still trying to pull upwards when the doors drops down  :palm: as the handle has split on either side of the handgrip which can only happen IMHO by pulling upwards as if trying to pull it off?  :rant:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21205 on: December 15, 2018, 10:54:59 am »
At least your dishwasher works. Mine just doesn’t wash anything any more. Just use it to dry the stuff in now and run it empty once a week to clean it out  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21206 on: December 15, 2018, 10:55:53 am »
Not feeding the foxes! London foxes for you  :-DD

https://youtu.be/6qUNFnjmP4o

Anyway back on TEA, first victim on the bench. 465 attenuator!
:-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21207 on: December 15, 2018, 10:56:54 am »
At least your dishwasher works. Mine just doesn’t wash anything any more. Just use it to dry the stuff in now and run it empty once a week to clean it out  :-DD
Ok, what have you done to it then?  ;) Maybe Santa will bring a nice new shiney one for your Christmas present??
Who let Murphy in?

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #21208 on: December 15, 2018, 11:01:34 am »
And I was expecting a nice Basil Brush type of clip  :-DD

Got a 3 phase commercial Dishwasher to sell if you like freight might be a bit exe however....
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #21209 on: December 15, 2018, 11:07:34 am »

So the SWMBO isn't doing her job either? :o She's gone lazy?  :wtf: You didn't make sure that was in her job description? :-//  Tsk, tsk. But you also have secondary backups. You have kids. Put them to work. After all, what else are they good for except to take up space and consume sundries.   :palm:

:popcorn:  :-DD :-DD :-DD
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21210 on: December 15, 2018, 11:15:53 am »
Logistics unfortunately preclude fixing it. It’s more convenient as a drying rack because having 5 people in the house they use up dishes faster than it washes them. Ergo the rule is if you mess something you wash it up immediately and put it in the dishwasher to dry :)

SWMBO runs her own business as well as me so housework gets done last by whoever is available. Teenagers need pocket money and have a lot of spare time so there’s a little workforce available too :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 11:19:49 am by bd139 »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21211 on: December 15, 2018, 12:15:01 pm »
You use it dry dishes  :wtf: What's up with using a tea towel, much more green and also far cheaper, think of all the £'s being wasted on power that could be diverted into the TEA chest  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21212 on: December 15, 2018, 12:20:33 pm »
It doesn’t do anything. You just put the dishes in there like a dish drainer and let convection do its thing. Don’t need to run a dry cycle. Once a week you run it to get rid of the bit of run off and clean the inside out.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21213 on: December 15, 2018, 12:25:36 pm »
Hoof it out and get something that works in its place, we use a dish drainer on the draining board for things we want to dry or a tea towel. Have you fixed the TDS210 yet?
Who let Murphy in?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21214 on: December 15, 2018, 12:27:43 pm »
Its fine. Got into a stable routine now where everything is always clean. Don’t fix what already works!

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21215 on: December 15, 2018, 02:56:11 pm »
Well so much for repairing scope... Found another NAS in the cupboard so had to jerry rig a pile of shite to erase the disks on it  :--

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21216 on: December 15, 2018, 03:48:21 pm »
I've got 3 x NAS, 1 @ 500Gb, 1 @ 1TB and 1 @ 4 x 1TB   :-+ and they all are as slow as feck  :-- and it can take all night just to copy 1 310Gb partition of the desktop onto any of them  :palm: Its really infuriating especially as the speed of PC's and their drives have increased. They are all connected via a 1Gb ethernet backbone and when I run BlackMagic speed test it crawls along. Anyone have any ideas how these can be speeded up at all?
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
« Reply #21217 on: December 15, 2018, 03:52:21 pm »
I've got 3 x NAS, 1 @ 500Gb, 1 @ 1TB and 1 @ 4 x 1TB   :-+ and they all are as slow as feck  :-- and it can take all night just to copy 1 310Gb partition of the desktop onto any of them  :palm: Its really infuriating especially as the speed of PC's and their drives have increased. They are all connected via a 1Gb ethernet backbone and when I run BlackMagic speed test it crawls along. Anyone have any ideas how these can be speeded up at all?
Bite the bullet once :popcorn: and use rsync to copy the day-to-day difference :-+
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #21218 on: December 15, 2018, 03:52:57 pm »
Well so much for repairing scope... Found another NAS in the cupboard so had to jerry rig a pile of shite to erase the disks on it  :--

I'm just picturing you stumbling around eyes half-open in the kitchen, fumbling the cupboard door open to reach for the coffee can, and instead drawing back a little metal box full of hard drives. The look of  :wtf: slowly turns to consternation as you call out to SWMBO:

"Make an appointment with the exterminator today, honey... we've got NASes again..."  :-DD

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #21219 on: December 15, 2018, 03:55:10 pm »
Bite the bullet once :popcorn: and use rsync to copy the day-to-day difference :-+

Or set up automation in Acronis to do periodic full images at night while you're alseep.  :-+

mnem
spoon?
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21220 on: December 15, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »
Put the dishwasher back together and it is so badly damaged that it requires a new fascia and they want £42 delivered it  :wtf: I can get new dishwasher delivered for £220  :-//

I understand that it will cost more to build anything from spare parts but at a guesstimate it would me around £600 to £700 to build the same dishwasher from the makers spares dept, they really are taking the piss here  :rant: 
Who let Murphy in?

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21221 on: December 15, 2018, 04:04:52 pm »
You barely have room for your kit, but have forgotten NASs stashed troughout the house?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21222 on: December 15, 2018, 04:10:00 pm »

This is why am getting rid of all of mine...

Before: MBP with 1TiB PCIe SSD streaming to Seagate NAS with 2x 2TiB "Seagate NAS" drives in it connected to Gig ethernet and then 5GHz WiFi off a FritzBox. Initial Time Machine backup time? 7 fecking hours

After: MBA with 256Gb PCIe SSD streaming directly over USB-C to 512Gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD. Initial Time Machine backup time? 13 minutes

I don't want any mechanical disks or network drives any more.

You barely have room for your kit, but have forgotten NASs stashed troughout the house?

I get given car loads of discarded and usually unused IT crap at the end of contracts a lot. It is supposed to go on ebay but it goes in "The Tetris cupboard" as SWMBO calls it in the hall. My objective for 2018/2019 was to clean it out. Unfortunately it's also "The Tardis cupboard". I don't even remember half of what's in it. I've shifted over 100Kg of crap out of it (by shipping weight) so far!

I found an HP DL380 G4 chassis in it last year. No RAM, disks or CPUs though. Went down the tip.

Put the dishwasher back together and it is so badly damaged that it requires a new fascia and they want £42 delivered it  :wtf: I can get new dishwasher delivered for £220  :-//

I understand that it will cost more to build anything from spare parts but at a guesstimate it would me around £600 to £700 to build the same dishwasher from the makers spares dept, they really are taking the piss here  :rant: 

I'd just pay it myself. That's the most expensive bit of the machine!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 04:11:31 pm by bd139 »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21223 on: December 15, 2018, 04:15:20 pm »

I'm just picturing you stumbling around eyes half-open in the kitchen, fumbling the cupboard door open to reach for the coffee can, and instead drawing back a little metal box full of hard drives. The look of  :wtf: slowly turns to consternation as you call out to SWMBO:

"Make an appointment with the exterminator today, honey... we've got NASes again..."  :-DD

mnem

It does get like that here  :-DD ... the kitchen cupboards for example are stacked up at the top with boxes full of shite :)

Edit: proof...  :-DD

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 04:17:05 pm by bd139 »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21224 on: December 15, 2018, 04:15:51 pm »
I'd just pay it myself. That's the most expensive bit of the machine!
What? it's only a plastic moulding, no controls come with it, they just screw back onto the new fascia.  :box:
Who let Murphy in?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf